• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC - Devil May Cry announced (Capcom X Ninja Theory) - [Update: Unreal Engine 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

spats

dark10x said:
The biggest tragedy? It is unlikely to run at 60 fps (or even a constant 30).

Why is Capcom farming out everything these days?

I think it has worked out pretty well for them. Brought us masterpieces like Bionic Commando and Dark Void.

I'll just post a nice summary of the whole situation here.

8:58PM Ninja Theory director Tameem Antoniades takes the stage. "We're taking a younger Dante" that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc.

Poochie.gif

Very poor design...the character doesn't look very interesting....really, really poor

Are NT really the right people to team up for this? I enjoyed HS, but I don't think they really have the pedigree...

Someone wake me up from this nightmare. :I

Well, at least Capcom still has Monster Hunter, Street Fighter and Ace Attorney. They will never fuck these up, right?

Raide

Will be good to see some in-game footage. If they can keep the crazy combat intact, it should be good. I was getting sick of the old Dante style. Needed mixing up a little more. :lol

Jerk

Banned
I have come to terms with the existence of this game...

Also, since we are talking about tragedies...

The biggest will be the revisionist history that builds up DMC4 as a good or serviceable title.

Haunted

8:58PM Ninja Theory director Tameem Antoniades takes the stage. "We're taking a younger Dante" that incorporates the youth culture of today, from fashion to music to street art, etc.
That quote is unbelievable. :lol

Poochie Dante seems spot on.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
My gut reaction is if that's what happens when Capcom listens to the US market, I'm quite sure they're deaf.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jason's Ultimatum said:
What is this? WHAT IS THIS!?
Hip Hop Dante yo' !!!!
or even better... Hipster Dante!

Acosta

And to think I was kinda optimistic about this...

How the fuck could anyone think that character design is appropriate? How disconnected of the fucking reality you must be? That character is not even good standalone, and you tell me that is the new version of one of the most stylish characters I know?

Pooya

:lol :lol looks like they tried as much as they could to make him look as worse as possible, first Monkey and now this, Ninja Theory fails hard when it comes to male character design.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is that Dante? :lol I'm sure the game will turn out alright but what the fuck were they thinking with the character design? He looks like the Scissor Sisters version of Travis Touchdown. Just terrible.

Why does he have a Union Jack wrapped around his left arm? A little Ninja Theory reference?

Wallach

glaurung said:
I cannot see why people do not like the new character design.

It looks demonic, possessed. Good enough for me.

Maybe it's the whole "I just did a shit ton of meth" look and his fucking idiotic outfit.

Dascu

So Inafune keeps saying how Japan's gaming scene isn't dead, yet every game announced here is either farmed out to Western studios or being developed with Western tech.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
miladesn said:
:lol :lol looks like they tried as much as they could to make him look as worse as possible, first Monkey and now this, Ninja Theory fails hard when it comes to character design.

Fixed.

Haunted

Man, I sure am glad that Namco, S-E and Capcom are "westernising" their franchises to appeal to markets outside the US like we're seeing here.

This is so much fun.

remz

I can't believe that's the new dante haha. Why fuck with a semi iconic design so severely?

silver regrowth? :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom