• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do GAF girls act like men in threads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenka

I am stunned to see how many times words like FHUTA, fuck, shit, cunt, drill, plumb are used in virtually all the threads posted in here. My question is : do girls that post on this forum as well enjoy acting like men do ? Use the same vocabulary and share the same attitude ?

Recently, in the cheap leisure thread, I couldn't count how many answers were linked to masturbation. It's typically an answer a man would give and I don't think many girls would spontaneously give such an answer as well. Given the large amount of answers, it would be obvious that some girls have also expressed their opinion, most likely in the same range as men.

Maybe I'm not aware of women's true selves but I still think that the girls would be more prudish than men in general. So do girls act like men in here ? Why ?

Thanks you for your answers girl-GAF. You'll always be loved in here.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
There really are less girls then you'd guess, because this is a boys club.

...and because it's a boys club, yeah, the girls often give boyish answers.

And the few girls who do find their way here are kinda unusual, non-girly girls, of course.

Zeppu

Oh, and by the way, girl gaf is always thinking about male gaf in the shower and caress their nipples while doing so. 99% of us would definitely "drop the soap" 4 u ;)

Also, easily trade pictures of boobies for a peak at the 'secret weapon'.

Dresden

When I used to play WoW, I made a character on a Roleplay server because my server was down.

Anyways, I made an Alliance character because I usually play Horde... I make a naked female character and run her into Stormwind. There, people are discussing RP-stuff on trade chat instead of the usual mix of politics and 4chan stuff that trade chat discusses everywhere else.

I just type in "well we know girls don't play WoW" and next thing I know, my level one toon is getting spammed with whispers ranging from "but I'm a girl" to "my girlfriend/wife is playing next to me right now" to "ignored." And people are absolutely OUTRAGED that I'm questioning their sexuality....

No point to this post whatsoever, but roleplayers are crazy.

Replicant

You've never been to ONTD? 90% of the posters there are girls and they act, respond, and GIF-replying just like anyone on GAF. That means using "son, I am disappoint", "Do not want", and other various online responses we use here.

BocoDragon

Dresden said:
When I used to play WoW, I made a character on a Roleplay server because my server was down.

Anyways, I made an Alliance character because I usually play Horde... I make a naked female character and run her into Stormwind. There, people are discussing RP-stuff on trade chat instead of the usual mix of politics and 4chan stuff that trade chat discusses everywhere else.

I just type in "well we know girls don't play WoW" and next thing I know, my level one toon is getting spammed with whispers ranging from "but I'm a girl" to "my girlfriend/wife is playing next to me right now" to "ignored." And people are absolutely OUTRAGED that I'm questioning their sexuality....

No point to this post whatsoever, but roleplayers are crazy.
No point to this reply either, just musing:

I played FFXI for a very short time.. maybe 80 hours... and I played as a girl. That was some funny shit. In that 80 hours I had lonely male idiots giving me gifts and following me around and shit. Anytime anyone asked I would say "Yeah. I'm a dude. This is just a dumb videogame. I can play as a girl in offline RPGs, fighting games, Tomb Raider... I play as a girl character here.. so what? This is a just a game."

But the female worship came into play each and every encounter :lol It was then I realized that the male/female dynamic really is pathetic... and role players are morons for believing it in a stupid game.

BocoDragon said:
But the female worship came into play each and every encounter :lol It was then I realized that the male/female dynamic really is pathetic... and role players are morons for believing it in a stupid game.

It was fun to see how many guys I could get with a female avatar in PlayStation Home.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Half of the internet is girls. They act like guys so as not to be noticed.
Why, I wouldn't be surprised if Docpan was in fact a girl.

Megadrive said:
Why would really girly girls like games so much to register on GAF, wait for account activation which can potentially take years? Especially if they're attention whorey, they'd just find a lowly fan community for a random game and gain attention there since they'll definitely be the only one there.

Happened a couple times on a forum I used to go to.

Also this.

Why would really girly girls like games so much to register on GAF, wait for account activation which can potentially take years? Especially if they're attention whorey, they'd just find a lowly fan community for a random game and gain attention there since they'll definitely be the only one there.

Happened a couple times on a forum I used to go to.

Alcoori

What kind of antiquated views do you have?
A girl necessarily have to be more delicate than a man? They can't make jokes about penis/vaginas/boobs/ass and so on? They can't masturbate and play video-games?

BocoDragon

RadioHeadAche said:
It was fun to see how many guys I could get with a female avatar in PlayStation Home.
That says something about the patheticness of males.. but it also says something about the patheticness of NERD males.. You know the type.. "ohhh. How I wish I could meet a girl who loves videogames!" Ugh.

As long as the chick doesn't get offended by me having games in the house... I'm fine... I shudder at the nerd concept of screening for girls who are game nerds themselves.

Alcoori said:
What kind of antiquated views do you have?
A girl necessarily have to be more delicate than a man? They can't make jokes about penis/vaginas/boobs/ass and so on? They can't masturbate and play video-games?
of course not, they should be in the kitchen!

i actually assume all of you are androgynous people and girl-gaf is a ploy to make people think otherwise

Chuckie

RadioHeadAche said:

I used to have EVA-01 (From Evangelion) as a name in an online FPS. Jesus Christ..... everyone suddenly starts talking to you 'casually'. I was thinking: Stfu... I know you think I am a girl. It also shows they think with their dick instead of brains because two other clanmembers called EVA-00 end EVA-03 were there.

jax (old)

Banned
Kenka said:
I am stunned to see how many times words like FHUTA, fuck, shit, cunt, drill, plumb are used in virtually all the threads posted in here. My question is : do girls that post on this forum as well enjoy acting like men do ? Use the same vocabulary and share the same attitude ?

Recently, in the cheap leisure thread, I couldn't count how many answers were linked to masturbation. It's typically an answer a man would give and I don't think many girls would spontaneously give such an answer as well. Given the large amount of answers, it would be obvious that some girls have also expressed their opinion, most likely in the same range as men.

Maybe I'm not aware of women's true selves but I still think that the girls would be more prudish than men in general. So do girls act like men in here ? Why ?

Thanks you for your answers girl-GAF. You'll always be loved in here.

dunno.

why don't you tell me.

Tence said:
I used to have EVA-01 (From Evangelion) as a name in an online FPS. Jesus Christ..... everyone suddenly starts talking to you 'casually'. I was thinking: Stfu... I know you think I am a girl. It also shows they think with their dick instead of brains because two other clanmembers called EVA-00 end EVA-03 were there.

The first thing to come to my mind definitely would have been Evangelion. :lol

I don't post very often, but I would never 'tone down' my post or anything like that. I have a really foul mouth (especially when gaming) and I'm not at all prudish. But I wouldn't say I was acting like a man, more that I was acting like myself.

wRATH2x

Banned
Kenka said:
I am stunned to see how many times words like FHUTA, fuck, shit, cunt, drill, plumb are used in virtually all the threads posted in here. My question is : do girls that post on this forum as well enjoy acting like men do ? Use the same vocabulary and share the same attitude ? \
A lot of generalization is going on up in this bitch.

Red Scarlet

I got more comfortable being around folks with foul mouths on The Palace 10 years ago (Shinobi, sporsk, blackclouds, nos, nerbo, dr j, dem, sjoshlin) so it sort of became more standard in my vocabulary. I try to avoid a lot of usage here though.

Maybe it helps everyone fit in or something.

sublime085 said:
I take a break from my paper on gender roles and stereotypes and I see this thread.

How odd.

It's either a sign that you're not supposed to be here, or that Gaf is everything you will ever need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom