• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do strip clubs make a lot of money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
krackerjack said:
Well thats the thing, the people that would help manage it would be my buddies since we were 2 years old. As far as the drugs and stuff....I mean there would be security around obviously. Obviously if somebody is going to do something like that then they can get away with doing it whether it be outside a strip club or outside the local mall.

Perhaps I'm worrying a bit too much about the whole "dangerous" issue....the only strip club as of right now is 9 miles out of town and the guy that owns it is just some normal backwoods guy who bought the building after the Mexican restaurant that was first in it failed.

Whats funny is I'm not even that fond of strip clubs...but damn the business model and potential money made is amazing!

not to sound harsh, but I don't think you are cut out for this business... but that is just judging from the few post I have read here

krackerjack said:
I ask because I just ran into an old friend of mine who I hadn't seen in a while that now owns a strip club. He says he makes "more money than I can count". I didn't really want to ask how much since that would be rude...but it has made me interested!

I know theres more to it than throwin a buncha whores in a building, but do these things really act as a gold mine??

Maybe its just me but I don't see how you could come off as rude when he is the one throwing it out there and flaunting it around.

Amir0x

Banned
Hero said:
Haha, you live near Grand View? It's a pretty cool place, BYOB. Not as seedy as one would think.

Yeah I agree. I live about, as I said, fifteen minutes from Grand View in Tobyhanna. Near the Depot.

I haven't been the grandview since I've started dating again, but I used to go there a lot with my friends.

thrasher

Banned
Amir0x said:
i know they used to get a ton of my money. Perfect place to get shit faced with friends.

This girl I know who used to strip made like triple the money there that she makes in her current job (which is like 12.50 an hour)

At first I stopped going after a few times b/c I'd get so honry that it would drive me crazy.

Then I discovered 'special' ones and there was no turning back :)

Hero

Amir0x said:
Yeah I agree. I live about, as I said, fifteen minutes from Grand View in Tobyhanna. Near the Depot.

I haven't been the grandview since I've started dating again, but I used to go there a lot with my friends.

That's cool. My friends and I used to go there for amateur night every so often just for shits and giggles.

PA GAF meetup at the Grandview!

dmann

Be sure to get in good with the cops so they won't come snooping around and busting you for illegal activities. Also, make sure your girls are not "trickin" at the club.

Az

If you are just a regular guy without any club owning experience and no club connections I wouldn't do it.

Also, a liquor license costs about $150,000 and you don't want a stip club where people cant drink. And even if you had the money, every county just gives out a couple of licenses per year that means you'll have to find someone to buy it from because I am sure the quota has been met for the year by clubs 'n pubs.

But strip clubs do make good money.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
AzRim904 said:
If you are just a regular guy without any club owning experience and no club connections I wouldn't do it.

Also, a liquor license costs about $150,000 and you don't want a stip club where people cant drink. And even if you had the money, every county just gives out a couple of licenses per year that means you'll have to find someone to buy it from because I am sure the quota has been met for the year by clubs 'n pubs.

But strip clubs do make good money.

wut

Az

SnakeXs said:

Florida liquor license broker
Full Liquor Quota Licenses, however, must be acquired directly from an existing license-holder and are much more expensive. They are usually acquired through liquor license brokers like us. They are specific to a particular county and the prices can range from a low of $40K or so to well over $400K. It all depends on the county of interest and Supply v. Demand.

I help out my buddy at his bar, and he had to pay the $150K

So you have no experience, no idea what you're doing and the only reason you want to open a strip club is to make money (but you don't know how)?

Just throwing this out here but I'd say this is a bad idea!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
krackerjack said:
See I just kinda get jitters when some of you say it could be dangerous....how is it any different than say putting in any other kind of business? I know I'm naive on the reasons, but could you elaborate a bit?

really?? I didn't know that
If you can't think of any reasons off the top of your head why a building with a bunch of drunk guys throwing a bunch of cash money into a bunch of practically naked chick's thongs would be a riskier environment than another kind of business, you should definitely just bail out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom