• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you guys think Capcom's Exoprimal is dead on arrival? or does it actually have a chance to succeed?

Sleepwalker

It looks cool, but I would really prefer it be more like EDF where I can reasonably play it alone. Though having drag queens advertise the game basically made me automatically reject the game. Capcom USA (and Capcom at large) can go screw itself and I refuse to touch this shit with a ten foot pole.

2023.03.21-02.24-boundingintocomics-6419be310acbf.png
Haha what the fuck? Theres no way thats real

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I played the beta :

This, by all accounts, is a "hero shooter ®" with everything that entails...
- squad/team based
- special abilities tied to specific characters.
- hot bar with X number of special abilities coupled with their cool-down limit.
- spam those abilities while you watch /wait for the cool-down bar to refill.

This is a far cry from a "normal" 3rd person shooter where you happen to shoot at dinosaurs (really wish it was just that), it's - again - a hero shooter with bad shooting controls and feeling (it feels like you're hitting at cardboard enemies), it's Uber repetitive, it's filled with macro transactions and season passes and most importantly, it's not "fun" nor entertaining nor engaging due to its basic and repetitive AF nature - and not in a good monster hunter way either, everything feels so...lifeless, static and low budget ffs.

This looks like Capcom's 1st misfire for 2023 after Re4RE and SF6, the type of game where it's available on Gamepass where people play it for 2 weeks tops just to forget everything about it after that, it's bottom of the barrel stuff unfortunately and I say that as a Capcom fanboy, I mean, I must have poured hundreds of hours of online time on Lost planet 1&2 MP but this just ain't it lads...

This is being sent to die, it's that mediocre I'm afraid...

PS: if this was any good I'd be actually spending the 60 bucks MSRP but, after playing the beta...nope.

YuLY

I have never thought a game would be more DOA than this one. Like I'm not even exaggerating, I expect this to flop so hard that Capcom will stay away from multiplayer only titles for like a decade.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Capcom is one of the worst developers for multiplayer with the exception of street fighter and dragons dogma, even mercenaries mode for re is pretty stale i expect this game to be like re verse, shite

Top Bottom