• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you have movie posters on your walls?

VulcanRaven

Do you have movie posters on your walls? If not then do you have plans to get any? I have bought many posters from the local movie theater but don't have any of them up right now. I plan to have these two great Blade Runner 2049 posters framed at some point.

bladerunner2049.jpg

Last edited:
those are great looking posters. i made a decision a couple of years ago to start collecting original movie posters of classic movies but the collecting has been going slowly (and it's pretty expensive). i have two originals now, hopefully have a third one before the end of the year:

lo0zw1J.jpg

8OPdu0v.jpg

Allforce

I've got quite a few in our front room which is our dedicated little home theater setup with projector and screen. Mostly original stuff from Mondo and other popart galleries. Some Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Robocop, Kill Bill, Back to the Future, and others.

I don't have any originals but some of the stuff I have is worth a lot since Mondo does stuff in some limited runs. My only personal rule for movie posters is that it has to have the credits listed on it like you'd see on any studio-produced poster.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
I have an original Alien Poster signed by the entire cast and Ridley Scott, it'll take center stage in the home cinema I intend to build next year.

Those Blade Runner posters are cool af

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

I have an original Alien Poster signed by the entire cast and Ridley Scott, it'll take center stage in the home cinema I intend to build next year.

Those Blade Runner posters are cool af
Where did you get that? That must have been very expensive.

I plan to get these:
u-g-Q12OWBZ0.jpg

51-Eo70KjaL._AC_.jpg

Reprints of course.

Last edited:

kingwingin

I'd love get some but I really want those backlight poster frames. Just too rich for my blood at the moment

no but i did get a Midsommar quad poster from my local cinema. stupid me tried sticking it on my wall but the poster rolled up and got stuck to itself and i ripped it apart trying to separate it lol. ended up going in the bin. it was this one:

iu

i am thinking of getting this one printed. it's the japanese poster

fEMUr6l.jpg

Last edited:

Traianvs

Yes I do, they mostly are from 70s Italian movies, all original since they were hanging outside the cinemas.
My most precious possessions are one from "Milano calibro 9" and another from " la via della prostituzione"

teezzy

Banned
Yes I do, they mostly are from 70s Italian movies, all original since they were hanging outside the cinemas.
My most precious possessions are one from "Milano calibro 9" and another from " la via della prostituzione"

Can I get some recommendations? I dig giallo and am interested in Italian cinema as a whole

Like 5 or 10 or so? Doesn't even have to be a top 10

😊 please?

Last edited:

highrider

Banned

Thanks man this was beginning to look like the NYU film school thread lol I no longer feel the need to post my dumb episode 2 attack of the clones yoda poster. The only thing my apartment really lacks is a good vintage Halo CE poster, which is kinda like a movie 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Traianvs

Can I get some recommendations? I dig giallo and am interested in Italian cinema as a whole

Like 5 or 10 or so? Doesn't even have to be a top 10

😊 please?

Sure, Im' more into horror and western but I can suggest you some nice giallo movies. I only know the original italian title but I'm sure you can easily find them on imdb for the english release

Non si sevizia un paperino
L'uccello dalle piume di cristallo
Profondo rosso
Quattro mosche di velluto grigio
Sei donne per l'assassino
Il gatto a nove code
La casa dalle finestre che ridono (one of my favorites, more like and horror thriller)
Reazione a catena (this is a must see.... it's mostly Friday the 13th, but a few years before. Bava was amazing)
Macchie solari
Cosa avete fatto a Solange
Lo strano vizio della signora Wardh

Enjoy! If you need any more suggestions just ask!

BigBooper

Nope. Never got that aesthetic. Either you get tired of looking at the same thing so you end up barely even noticing it's there, or you never cared about it to begin with so you end up never noticing it. I'd rather the walls be clear, or useful. In my game room I have some guitars, Vive Lighthouses, clocks and temp/humidity sensor, and an optical illusion on the walls. Not to mention the TV and speakers.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good stuff to put in an entertainment area in the basement.

But find one already done or get it mounted on that thick heavy paper board which you need a strong screw in the wall to hang. It you get it on this stuff, make it easy and have the back of it already to go for hanging (should be some shallow holes or a hanging line). Or even better if already secured with a hanging wire.

If you get it pre-done for you, I've bought these kinds of things at flea markets or mall kiosks for $40.

Last edited:

Relativ9

I like art and photos from movies and games, and even have been thinking of getting some hand-painted renditions of some really iconic games that meant a fair bit to me, but I don't think I'd ever get an actual "poster" of anything. For the same reason I'd never wear a shirt with the brand-name plastered over the chest...it just feels like advertising. If I had some art from MGS1 for example on my wall, I know where it's from and those who would get any meaning from it know where it's from, I don't need to have the logo, Kojima's name, a bunch of credits ect plastered on there too.

kunonabi

I got Carrie, The Crow, Revenge of the Sith, and a Shanghai Noon banner I got when I worked at a theater. I also have a calendar with one of the attack of the clones teaser posters. Everything else is music, games, and anime.

kunonabi

I forgot I have a sleepy hollow poster from work too. I wanted the big display but I got screwed out of it.

tsumake

Do you have movie posters on your walls? If not then do you have plans to get any? I have bought many posters from the local movie theater but don't have any of them up right now. I plan to have these two great Blade Runner 2049 posters framed at some point.

bladerunner2049.jpg

May I recommend this?

269pa7c.jpg

This adorns my wall.

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
When I was in my teens I had loads on my wall. Now the only one that is left up is a poster for The Matrix Reloaded signed by the Wachowski's.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I used to have a lot of mostly gaming-related posters I custom printed up, stuff like Gunstar Heroes, Fantasy Zone, etc. I've swapped it for slightly more artsy stuff but that does include some art prints of nerd things, like a signed Sam and Pax picture, some animation cels, that kind of thing.

teezzy

Banned
Nope. Never got that aesthetic. Either you get tired of looking at the same thing so you end up barely even noticing it's there, or you never cared about it to begin with so you end up never noticing it. I'd rather the walls be clear, or useful. In my game room I have some guitars, Vive Lighthouses, clocks and temp/humidity sensor, and an optical illusion on the walls. Not to mention the TV and speakers.

Optical illusion? Vive lighthouse?

Last edited:

nush

I did when I was young and worked in a cinema and got them for free, had the best ones in clip frames. As I've matured I don't need the equivalent of a graphic T-shirt slapped on my walls saying "This is who I am, this is what pop culture I associate with" as a replacement for good interior design. What replaced those was prints of photographs I've taken through my life that show where I've been and what I've done and as such they are unique and personal art used in moderation.

VulcanRaven

I like art and photos from movies and games, and even have been thinking of getting some hand-painted renditions of some really iconic games that meant a fair bit to me, but I don't think I'd ever get an actual "poster" of anything. For the same reason I'd never wear a shirt with the brand-name plastered over the chest...it just feels like advertising. If I had some art from MGS1 for example on my wall, I know where it's from and those who would get any meaning from it know where it's from, I don't need to have the logo, Kojima's name, a bunch of credits ect plastered on there too.
Yoji Shinkawa's MGS art would be great. Those would look really good framed.

Last edited:

Relativ9

Yoji Shinkawa's MGS art would be great. Those would look really good framed.
Yeah I'd kill to get someone to do a acrylic painting of this for me:

M4iSudL.png

While I love Yoji Shinkawa style, a lof of his artwork is very "pose with a gun" heavy, and I'd like something that tells a bit more of a story (like the one above).

Top Bottom