• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Do you want a jrpg localized for vita? Scee wants to know your requests!

Necrovex

Type 0, Valkyria Chronicles 3, and a *true* Persona 3 portable would be my dream titles for the Vita. If P3 had the same mechanics as Persona 4 Golden, that would be simply and utterly perfect.

Cornbread78

Well, SCEE, can you pass it along to SCEA to get us both fu(king "Tales of" games and Typo-0.

Oh, please and thank you....

Seda

t6QhP3p.png

WTViyQb.png

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Interesting how open they are like this. It is unusual to ask people about things like this. Refreshing though.

Rest assured, Sony loves you.

jorgeton

Wait.. what about Alundra?

Casting my vote for Type-0 and VC3. And I'd love to play that Tales Vita remaster that's in the works.

Dunan

Shahid, if you don't have enough translators to handle all the games people are asking for in this thread, feel free to ask us for help on that front, too.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Does this count for PS2? Cause all I want is FFXII.

Arzehn

Curious as to why the thread title says only to localize games? Turned this thread in a PSP > Vita port/translation thread, instead of new games. Maybe I missed something...

AmanoBuff

Ok Shahid. Here it is short and simple in order of priority:

- FF-Type 0 HD
- FFXII Zodiac HD
- Skies of Arcadia HD
- Dragon Quest VIII HD
- Valkyria Chronicles 3

Cornbread78

Curious as to why the thread title says only to localize games? Turned this thread in a PSP > Vita port/translation thread, instead of new games. Maybe I missed something...

good point, surprised people are asking for so many old ports.. Wouldn't you want newer games? or dare I say games with trophies? Awesome that he's watching though... I wish SCEA was that engaged...

Empty

dragon quest viii hd shahid pls

i know enix works in their own ways so type-0 hd and valkyria 3 will suffice :D

HooYaH

good point, surprised people are asking for so many old ports.. Wouldn't you want newer games? or dare I say games with trophies? Awesome that he's watching though... I wish SCEA was that engaged...

Persona 5 for New
Persona 3 Velvet for the port

WORLDTree

I think it's because people know if they ask for an exclusive FF spin-off that's a little out of Sahid's jurisdiction as far as what we've seen, so localization requests are more practical and can help facilitate new titles if older ones perform well, ie. Muramasa doing as well as both Wii releases in a few weeks probably looks good to Vanillaware and other smaller developers and helps show the platform is viable and there is a market for the software released.

That said though, Sahid thanks for all you've done and thanks for watching threads like this, I personally would love new games but I haven't played all JRPGS or finished all the ones I have so any suggestions here I support particularity ones like Breath of Fire IV (LOVEEEE IT) or Dragon Quest 8.

Also for my own personal suggestion how about The World Ends With You or negotiations on a seqeal :D

kick51

Banned

We've got the first one on PS1 Classics and the second one is not well-liked, but I wouldn't say "no" to it. I would allocate the hats of money to Type-0 though.

Suikoden 2 PS1 classic is the most conspicuous absence from the service, imo. Doesn't Konami see how much people have been buying it for? It's been at $100+ on ebay for like the past 8 years. It's pretty in-demand and would move copies on PSN for sure.

I also tweeted about:

- the Kojima games Policenauts and Snatcher
- visual novels

the latter would supplement Indies and JRPG's very good and there are a LOT of gamers who would like to play Ever17 and more. Just like Suikoden 2 and Policenauts and Snatcher, Ever 17 is such a HARD to obtain game if you want to play it, especially legaly.

I think Sony could win the heart of so many passionate gamers by try to get these game. Maybe it won't succeed but the way Shahid and Sony are operating now, with such a open attitude, listening to our wishes, and at least trying to get some games, add so much to gamers goodwill.

Shahid, you are fighting a good fight! ;-)

Suikoden II - Valkyria Chronicles 3 - FF Type 0 - Dragon Quest VIII - FFXII HD - Snatcher - Policenauts - Ever17

I also tweeted about:

- the Kojima games Policenauts and Snatcher
- visual novels

the latter would supplement Indies and JRPG's very good and there are a LOT of gamers who would like to play Ever17 and more. Just like Suikoden 2 and Policenauts and Snatcher, Ever 17 is such a HARD to obtain game if you want to play it, especially legaly.

I think Sony could win the heart of so many passionate gamers by try to get these game. Maybe it won't succeed but the way Shahid and Sony are operating now, with such a open attitude, listening to our wishes, and at least trying to get some games, add so much to gamers goodwill.

Shahid, you are fighting a good fight! ;-)

Suikoden II - Valkyria Chronicles 3 - FF Type 0 - Dragon Quest VIII - FFXII HD - Snatcher - Policenauts - Ever17

Would love a Vita version of Snatcher that utilizes the touch capabilities.

Empty

i think it'd be great if scee could work with square to sort out whatever is keeping kingdom hearts birth by sleep and crisis core off the psn, so i can play them on vita

*while you're at it why aren't the metal gear acid games on there too!!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
We've got the first one on PS1 Classics and the second one is not well-liked, but I wouldn't say "no" to it. I would allocate the hats of money to Type-0 though.

Suikoden 2 PS1 classic is the most conspicuous absence from the service, imo. Doesn't Konami see how much people have been buying it for? It's been at $100+ on ebay for like the past 8 years. It's pretty in-demand and would move copies on PSN for sure.

I'd rather see them retranslate and release the PSP version of Suikoden 1 and 2 than just release the PS1 classic, though the latter would almost certainly require less effort and still sell well. And that would be better than where we are now with no version of Suikoden 2 available.

PSP version has some improvements, and I haven't played the game, but I heard the original localization wasn't really great and some things were bugged/left untranslated. Not sure if Sony will even let them fix that kind of thing on a PS1 classic release.

The first Suikoden didn't even get a PAL PSN release and the second one apparently has isues with the emulator. Porting the PSP release and localising it again from scratch would be the better option, I think.

Anyway, my votes:
Final Fantasy Type-0
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Suikoden I & II
Trails in the Sky 2
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix (with the ability to transfer saves between PS3 and Vita versions)
Final Fantasy XII HD

Would love a Vita version of Snatcher that utilizes the touch capabilities.

I would LOVE a Snatcher Collection that contains:

- Snatcher
- the Snatcher audio drama by Kojima and Suda51
- the MSX2 game SD Snatcher

SD Snatcher is a 2D RPG imagination of Snatcher featuring SD (=super deformed) characters from Snatcher. Oh yeah, it features awesome music and great gameplay that would benefit enormously from the Vita control possibilities!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Bb34ZoI7s

B.O.O.M

Valkyria Chronicles 3! PLS PLS PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

FF Type-0

Yakuza Black Panther series

And since you said JRPG and 'similar' Here's two things that I would LOVE on Vita but aren't JRPGs

A Tekken Game: Ideally something like Dark Resurrection. With around 2-3 new unique characters

Project vs. J: The upcoming title looks and sounds awesome. Since One Piece game only got announced for PS3 for localization, I'm worried this will never come over. Would love it if you can make it happen

Finally thank you for your hard work and listening to fans.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
The first Suikoden didn't even get a PAL PSN release and the second one apparently has isues with the emulator. Porting the PSP release and localising it again from scratch would be the better option, I think.

That would also explain why they haven't put it on PSN. Makes sense.

I'd be fine with the PSP version just being put on PSN instead of porting it and making it a native Vita game. Not sure if that's something they are considering or not though.

A new Phantasy Star would be great. Sega seems to be very digital focused.

I'd settle for HD collections with full trophy support.

This. Simply posting here equates to nothing.

He said they are watching this thread as well, because Shahid is a boss.

fek

I have a lot of good memories about Alundra. I would be happy with a new one, or maybe even a remake.

Flarin

Dragon Quest VIII HD
Dark Cloud HD Collection
Any Tales Game
Final Fantasy Type-0
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Rogue Galaxy HD

I'll take any ONE of those. Vita needs more JRPGs. Praise be to Xseed for Ys Celceta and Valhalla Knights.

RMI

Banned
The people saying games that aren't even RPGs on twitter are weird. I'd like a US version of Project Diva f but it's not an RPG.

Just import it, this game doesn't require any knowledge of the Japanese language.

*edit

Also Valkyria Chronicles 3 would be nice.

Top Bottom