• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doctor Who Series 10 |OT| He's Back, and It's About Time

Want to know something cool?

Every secret River knows about The Doctor? He told her in those 24 years. That's likely how she knows his real name etc. Pretty awesome way for Moff to wrap her story up.
I didn't start thinking about this possibility and what might have happened those 24 years until today. I wouldn't have been certain until you said this though. Yeah...that is a pretty smart and well-played wrap for her. Really great episode.

DeathyBoy

Banned
I didn't start thinking about this possibility and what might have happened those 24 years until today. I wouldn't have been certain until you said this though. Yeah...that is a pretty smart and well-played wrap for her. Really great episode.

"There's only one time I could."

Moff's run really paid off his S4 episodes perfectly.

A-V-B

Anyone want to have a stab if/what body part the Doctor will reference when he does regenerte?

Just thinking about it this morning and Ten referenced his teeth, Smith referenced a tonne of body parts, Capaldi didn't know the colour of his kidneys....

If it's a female doctor and she grabs her boobs, I will die.

If it's a female Doctor, I want her to be ginger so that instead of marveling at having woman parts, she can swerve the audience and grab her hair, going "FINALLY! YES!"

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I wonder if they are going to have some sort of special show like they did for announcing Capaldi, it would actually be pretty nice to get to know the new team taking over and what their general thoughts are on where they want to take the show.

Also, I wonder if they will destroy the Tardis again for a new interior.

If it's a female Doctor, I want her to be ginger so that instead of marveling at having woman parts, she can swerve the audience and grab her hair, going "FINALLY! YES!"

That would be pretty a pretty amusing way of handling it.

tomtom94

I wonder if they are going to have some sort of special show like they did for announcing Capaldi, it would actually be pretty nice to get to know the new team taking over and what their general thoughts are on where they want to take the show.
Almost definitely happening some time next month in line with Capaldi's, although tbh both the last two have been pretty cringe-worthy (Smith's because it took forever and Capaldi's because everybody and their mum knew anyway)

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?

The Raggedy man is now a Raggedy woman.

latest

Pure speculation but there are a couple of things lining up that could lead that way. 23rd July is Comic Con which is essentially feels like one of the last big hoorahs of this era (you wouldn't want to go 'Hey here's your new Doctor!....but now here's a panel featuring the old guy). Capaldi was announced on 4th Aug 2013. Filming for the Christmas Special has just ended and, if they haven't already, they're probably going to do the 13th Doctor's regeneration soon enough.

So I'm going for either the last weekend of July or the beginning of August. That way you're far enough out of the way of Series 10 not to seem rude, early enough that it doesn't leak, and, depending on the choice, early enough to begin building anticipation before filming starts.

Also, I wonder if they will destroy the Tardis again for a new interior.
I'd almost guarantee it.

As much as I'm curious to see who they end up picking for the Doctor, I'm also excited for all the ancillary changes like new TARDIS interior, new logo, new theme, new title sequence etc.

That would be perfect.

Been alive for 2000 years, has had more weird and probably out-of-body experiences than any of us by a huge margin, still acts like a 13 year old boy in a woman's body?

Don't see it.

Obviously I'm not suggesting in seriousness that the Doctor should spend 7 minutes groping herself on screen.

tomtom94

By pure coincidence, Doctor Falls and World Enough and Time scored the same Appreciation Index numbers as Death in Heaven and Dark Water - 83 and 85 respectively.

(S8 and S10 are the only series since the revival - quite possibly the case earlier as well but I can't be bothered to check - to see a drop between the penultimate episode and the finale)

Sheroking

By pure coincidence, Doctor Falls and World Enough and Time scored the same Appreciation Index numbers as Death in Heaven and Dark Water - 83 and 85 respectively.

(S8 and S10 are the only series since the revival - quite possibly the case earlier as well but I can't be bothered to check - to see a drop between the penultimate episode and the finale)

The best episode of 12's run has the lowest AI number.

That tells me everything I needed to know about the "Appreciation Index".

A-V-B

Pure speculation but there are a couple of things lining up that could lead that way. 23rd July is Comic Con which is essentially feels like one of the last big hoorahs of this era (you wouldn't want to go 'Hey here's your new Doctor!....but now here's a panel featuring the old guy). Capaldi was announced on 4th Aug 2013. Filming for the Christmas Special has just ended and, if they haven't already, they're probably going to do the 13th Doctor's regeneration soon enough.

So I'm going for either the last weekend of July or the beginning of August. That way you're far enough out of the way of Series 10 not to seem rude, early enough that it doesn't leak, and, depending on the choice, early enough to begin building anticipation before filming starts.

I'd almost guarantee it.

As much as I'm curious to see who they end up picking for the Doctor, I'm also excited for all the ancillary changes like new TARDIS interior, new logo, new theme, new title sequence etc.

Ooh, new logo, eh?

Eh-ehm.

The new Doctor Who logo revealed!!!!!!111one

C1Ruj1q.png

in the style of logo revisions these days where everything's simplified and all the serifs are sandpapered off :p

Horsefly

yknow that whole tomb thing from name of the doctor with the time scar, did that get erased when 11 became 12?

Yes. There was no death at Trenzalore due to the Timelords interference.

This will often kick up a load of fuss about plot holes and paradoxes and so on from people who were schooled in time travel by Back to the Future until you really have a think about who it was that did the interfering

hamchan

Yes. There was no death at Trenzalore due to the Timelords interference.

This will often kick up a load of fuss about plot holes and paradoxes and so on from people who were schooled in time travel by Back to the Future until you really have a think about who it was that did the interfering

Steven Moffat?

This will bum me out, I honestly think the current theme and intro are the best in the series history, I love the clocks and chimes in the current theme.

This will bum me out, I honestly think the current theme and intro are the best in the series history, I love the clocks and chimes in the current theme.
I think Chibnall is going to lean further outside of conventions than Moffat ever did and just make longer serials in the vein of Broadchurch.
The theme and accouterments will obviously match that.

Kanhir

If we get a woman doctor, I really hope we get a male companion. There aren't enough of those.

Agreed. Unless I'm forgetting someone, the last time we had a regular male companion for longer than 5 episodes was Rory. And before him...Turlough and Adric. It's been a while.

tomtom94

Nahhhhhhh

This has objectfully been the best Doctor Who has ever been.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6QGbsNIZ-uo

This version was only ever used for the Snowmen but those extra beeps and pops really make it shine. My favourite Doctor and theme.

My personal favourite (of the revival) is the one they used for series 5 through to 7A - the perfect mix, for me, of Murray Gold's orchestra and synth. Closely followed by series 1 to 3, which I think was really great even leaving aside nostalgia.

(Series 4's is too loud, Capaldi-era I think both the title sequence and theme are a bit "busy" and overly retro, and I can't really remember series 7B)

For me , it's either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8VZ7CcXkOY

or the season 4 version.

I do like the brass they added over the start of the Smith years, but then hate how the rest of the main melody sounds like a casiotone

or anytime the orchestral Middle 9 pops up.

I really, dislike the Capaldi one. It's like Murray just gave up.
If he stays on the show, I'd love it if at least someone else did the themes from now on.

note: fuck me, it's hard to find a video of Doctor Who titles because everyone and their dog has a
shitty
concept video up.

Sheroking

Oh, intro rankings? I like the classy simplicity of the Tom Baker intro. It's probably my favorite of the bunch. Just the Tardis in a time vortex, the Doctor and the title.

As far as NuWho, I feel like when they get a good version of the theme, they miss on the animation and vice versa. Season's 5-6 & 8, 9, 10 all had great intros with poor themes and Seasons 4 and 7 had terrific themes with bad visuals.

All of the 80s intros and especially the movie intro are bags of dicks. Any intro that gets to the second half of the song is terrible. Awful, incoherent early CG and textureless 3D models only add to the grossness.

Mr. Sam

"The Doctor? But you can't be. The Doctor's a-- and you're a--"

"Ginger. Yes, I know."

Top Bottom