• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone think a Remaster of Battlefield 3 would be amazing?

I think a single package that combined BF3 and BF4 multiplayer into one thing could do really well in this day and age. As great as Battlefield 1 is I know a lot of people that dropped off it because old stuff just wasn't as 'cool' as modern warfare tacticool bro stuff.

HariKari

I think a single package that combined BF3 and BF4 multiplayer into one thing could do really well in this day and age. As great as Battlefield 1 is I know a lot of people that dropped off it because old stuff just wasn't as 'cool' as modern warfare tacticool bro stuff.

BF1 is a horribly unbalanced game. It just isn't as fun as past Battlefields. It's completely joyless, with terrible maps. The operations mode is the greatest contribution BF1 has made to the franchise but DICE refuses to put it in the server browser.

Because the series experienced a big influx of players around that time fresh from Call of Duty who were wowed by the destruction compared to the static environments of CoD. And BC2 did destruction better, or at least more consistently, than BF3/4.

But judged as a Battlefield game, it was crap. Not saying that it wasn't fun - it offered plenty of that - but the notion that BC2 is the peak of the series, with its small player counts, cramped maps, poorly balanced classes, and de-emphasis of combined arms gameplay, is utterly laughable. You'll find most comparisons, even (or especially) here on GAF, weighing BC2 against its various successors, but almost never against the PC classics. They have no idea how far the series fell following the move to Frostbite.
I've been a Battlefield series player since the 1942 Demo, and BFBC2 is my favourite in the series by a country mile. I've never really played the MP component of COD games.

In my experience most COD players hated BFBC2 because of the slow movement and controls. The much faster/twitchier controls of BF3 and BF4 were what got them to finally jump ship.

I've made posts before talking about why I liked BFBC2 so much, and also why some PC players might not have enjoyed it as much as I did.

AmyS

OP, Yes. Absolutely. I would definitely buy it.

Console players could never play Battlefield 3 the way it should've been played, at 60fps, 64 players, large conquest maps, etc. The 360/PS3 couldn't handle it.

Screw that. I want Battlefield Revolution. Revolutionary War themed BF where we line up like idiots and fire across a field with the least accurate firearms in human history.

Tovarisc

BF2 for me, not BF3.

BF3 and the Bad Company games are where I lost interest.

Battlefield 2 please.

What is so great about BF2? Infantry combat was pure garbage fire because it was all about luck instead of actual skill to aim. At least scale and inclusion of vehicles was great, but they already did that with 1942.

Random deviation bullet pattern model can take a hike into hell.

For me BC2 is first BF game I actually had fun with because bullets actually flew straight and you could control firing patterns.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yeah totally. I played about 250 hours of 4 with a friend and we'd love to get a new game like it. Love how much you could customize your character which is why we stopped playing 1 (and why we didn't even buy Battlefront)

BizzyBum

I was gonna say that BF3 is not even that old but then I looked up the release date and damn... it came out in 2011. Time fucking flies.

Still, I still don't think it should get a remaster so soon.

SkylineRKR

I found base BF3 to be dull, but CC and Aftermath were fun on PS3. I prefer BC2 though. We played that game for over a year. Awesome maps in there and I enjoyed the Squad play more.

Blam

Bad Company 2 for sure 100%. If not that maybe BF2:MC But I'd take BC2 any day over BF2 if I had a choice in which one.

BC2 was probably the best BF game to date.

AlStrong

I didn't much care for the campaign of BF3.

Bad Company 1 never made it to PC, so that would be nice to see. Upgrading the engine or renderer might be too much work, but I wouldn't mind it if they just added proper gamepad support.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
I would rather get battlefield 5 as a modern day shooter. After BF1 I really don't want a ww2 game. Bad Company 3 would be the best though.

Bry0

I'm pretty sure that would be called battlefield 4.

I'd take a bf2 remaster first. Give me the same exact stiff sprinting, cone of fire, and 2005 game feel. It's still fun to hop on from time to time.

BF3 is still fairly recent. Although I do believe BF3 was the best of the ones I've played (started on BF3). It doesnt need a remaster.

Actually I've been meaning to ask - are any of the Battlefield campaigns worth playing outside the BC series?

No, theyre all generic, joyless trash.

BC1 was excellent as it was fun and silly, and let you destroy pretty much everything. I remember the tank on a golf course mission being a highlight

BC2 got way more serious and toned down the destruction which was disappointing, but still a decent SP campaign.

After those, BF3 was a typical post-CoD super serious linear as fuck joyless trudge through game designers obsession with MURICA taking down TURRISM

BF4 wa slightly more interesting and featured Omar from the wire, but thats about as high as my praise gets for it.

BF1 has a great, poigniant opening 2 minutes, and then dives headfirst into giving you a suit of literal armour to go mow down EVIL NAZIS OR GERMANS OR SOMETHING with fuckin dual wielding Lewis guns or something equally ridiculous

Battlefield was never a "single player game". From 1942 to 2142 none had campaign. They were MP only with some single player with bots.

finalflame

No. In fact, I wouldn't mind if EA retired the Battlefield franchise entirely. Military shooters have run their course. Reboot it in a decade.

yrba1

Pass, would rather see BF 1942 and Vietnam remastered on Frostbite. Curious to see if EA will respond after CoD:WWII

pksu

Neo Member
Even more shades of blue through HDR and next-gen post processing effects? Sign me up, please!

x1DcK.jpg

Seriously though I'd love to see a new Bad Company or WW2/Vietnam BF instead of remasters.

Im prolly in the minority here but i really want 2142 to be remastered, like it would be amazing a futuristic game without jetpacks and futuristic vehicles and in all the frostbite glory. A true futuristic shooter with godlike graphics unlike the cod ones that we have been getting.

Apocryphon

I loved BC2 and BF3 equally. BF3 and 4 could be combined into one package with all of the DLC. That would be amazing. Forget the campaigns though.

Im prolly in the minority here but i really want 2142 to be remastered, like it would be amazing a futuristic game without jetpacks and futuristic vehicles and in all the frostbite glory. A true futuristic shooter with godlike graphics unlike the cod ones that we have been getting.
Too similar to Battlefront I think, which is the other big series that DICE is working on. And from the publisher's perspective there's Titanfall as well, so I can't see EA wanting to have three sci-fi online shooters going.

Top Bottom