• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does anyone think a Remaster of Battlefield 3 would be amazing?

Fisty

I would be happy with Ziba Tower and Scavenger game mode making it to other BF games. Then again I haven't felt compelled to play the series since 3, since 4 burned me out really quick for some reason after putting hundreds or thousands of hours into BF2:MC, BC2, and BF3. Never even bought BF1

thejpfin

Would love that to happen. Probably the best gunplay in gaming for me. Adore that game.

Battlefield 3s gunplay is perfect imo. Time to kill is just right and player movement/animation is really snappy/smooth. All these things combined makes running around and shooting enemies really satisfying.

I would really like Battlefield 3 remaster.
Or sometype of mega Battlefield remaster that would include all the best Battlefield maps in one box (like wake island and africa harbor) with Battlefield 3s gunplay.

Too similar to Battlefront I think, which is the other big series that DICE is working on. And from the publisher's perspective there's Titanfall as well, so I can't see EA wanting to have three sci-fi online shooters going.

Yeah i agree with you, i mean i love titanfall but still i wished it was made in frostbite because that engine just does wonders and on the part of 2142, i really have very less hope for 2142 but i am still dreaming about it.

dr_rus

No, theyre all generic, joyless trash.

BC1 was excellent as it was fun and silly, and let you destroy pretty much everything. I remember the tank on a golf course mission being a highlight

BC2 got way more serious and toned down the destruction which was disappointing, but still a decent SP campaign.

After those, BF3 was a typical post-CoD super serious linear as fuck joyless trudge through game designers obsession with MURICA taking down TURRISM

BF4 wa slightly more interesting and featured Omar from the wire, but thats about as high as my praise gets for it.

BF1 has a great, poigniant opening 2 minutes, and then dives headfirst into giving you a suit of literal armour to go mow down EVIL NAZIS OR GERMANS OR SOMETHING with fuckin dual wielding Lewis guns or something equally ridiculous

BC2 campaign was the only FPS campaign since Wolf3D which I decided to stop playing somewhere in the middle. It was simply awful. I still don't know why so many people seem to like it.

BF3 and BF4 were modern warfare generic trash with nice graphics, yes. They were totally playable and even somewhat enjoyable though.

BF1 has five mini-campaigns which works both in its favor and against it. Against it because they are totally unconnected so there's basically no story to speak about. For it because a couple of these mini-campaigns are actually really good and well worth playing.

To me, this is like asking for a remake of FIFA 2005. It doesn't make sense.

Just ask for the old maps in the new games, or something. If it's the gameplay you prefer, then ask for that. Dice have iterated on BF3 because they feel the new systems, structure of the game, content, is better, not for the sake of making it different.

Battlefield 4 scratches that itch I had with Battlefield 3.

I recently went back to Bad Company 2 and it did not age well at all. Not quite sure why people want that over 3, but to each their own.

Aters

I want a battlefield game in modern setting. I don't give two shit about campaign. I hope the next battlefield game drops the campaign.

Foxxsoxx

Battlefield 4 scratches that itch I had with Battlefield 3.

I recently went back to Bad Company 2 and it did not age well at all. Not quite sure why people want that over 3, but to each their own.

Yeah I don't think people remember how BC2 controlled. It felt a good bit more clunky, especially running. You could only sprint in a straight line and it feels way worse than anything in the series going forward.

olimpia84

BF3 was amazing, absolutely loved the maps. I think in order to keep everyone happy they should just release a "best of BF" and include remastered maps of old games but I wouldn't mind a sole remaster of BF3.

Top Bottom