• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Does Sony need to respond? If so, how?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_chun

Nah, Microsoft is playing catchup now. They still have several advantages; price, consumer trust, not looking like idiots, etc.

I don't mind the online play paywall so long as the service actually improves over time.

Riposte

Cheaper online paywall, hundred dollars cheaper, stronger hardware, more goodwill from both customers and developers.

I don't really see the need.

If anything Nintendo needs to, because the possibility of Xbone imploding combined with a a decent turnaround was their best chance at number #2. They are also now the only region-locked console.

Mrbob

People over inflate the Xbox brand. MS made some nice inroads with 360 but it isn't like they had this all powerful market share. Split 50/50 roughly.

Sony doesn't have to do anything.

Seronei

Announce more games, show the consumer that your console will offer the most value. They don't have to address what Microsoft does.

Alienous

If they drop the PS Plus multiplayer, they have the perfect opportunity to say "Look at that. Our competition is only doing what we do."

No need to respond. Sony made it clear what their intentions were at E3 and letting MS backpedal is the only response needed. Keep promoting your "Greatness Awaits" and "We the gamer" messaging and you're golden. #marketing101

Amir0x

Banned
No? It's significantly more powerful, $100 cheaper, no forced Eye, more diverse lineup and powerful first party.

It's no contest even with the DRM stuff removed. That said, I am so glad they removed it, 'cause one day I want to get an Xbox One and enjoy the shit out of the games

It'll definitely change their messaging. They can't ride on the no DRM or online requirement issue anymore. Now at gamescom, their pre-TGS event and TGS they have to come out with new games. They've said that they'll have 20 internal games available in the first year and we still don't know what the majority of those are.

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Why should they response? They are still cheaper and have more powerfull hardware. If anything they already got major wins from this mess. Alot of positive press and hardly any flack for their paywall requirement.

sunnz

I think 2 conventions later from now, once SONY have announced the rest of the games they have left for the first year, it will even easier to pick one system.

Just my view.

Eusis

"You don't even need the internet for setup!"

Probably don't need to do anything really. Except maybe integrate sharing into their current activation setup and expand the number to four PS4s or something.

syko de4d

PS 4 is still stronger, cheaper, smaller and dont part of the NSA/PRISM.

At the end MS just lost customers because of NOTHING.

DC R1D3R

Banned
TGS will be Sony's "Last Stand". If they can't re-invigorate the Japanese gaming industry, as a whole, then I really can't see what's left for them. If their hometown ain't feelin em.....

Salaadin

MSs move is partially them responding to Sony. Sony doesnt need to say anything. They gave us their answer last week.

Avinexus

They need a better line up of games, but they were already in the right on everything MS just changed. Still $100 cheaper with better hardware and showed they cared about the consumer from the get-go.

kasane

Announce 10 of the 30 exclusives left. The last guardian gigaton and I will praise sony forever. thats just me though

DR2K

Banned
The guy who overlapped you in the race has no business responding to you until you catch up.

Crisco

Banned
They should definitely mock MS mercilessly for this from now until launch. The only policy change they could implement is PS+ being required for multiplayer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom