• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog Breeds You'd Get if Nothing Stood in Your Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaeger

There was a thread like this from last November. It's been so long however I decided to just make a new one.

If space, time and money were no issue I'd get the following dogs;

Caucasian Shepherd Dog
EkF3iZz.jpg

I love big dogs. And this guy is huge. Do some Google searching to see what I mean! I would call him, Entei. First of his name.

o26maH3.jpg

A beatifull mutt that would get fairly large. Both are Nordic Sled dogs that I just love so much. And when mixed they always come out gorgeous.

l9qOShl.jpg
N0dsJfq.jpg

A Wolfdog (Low-content) GSD, Malamute, or Husky mix. Again, a large animal. I'm actually planning on getting one of these in the near future.

Your turn, GAF.

Maengun1

A Wolfdog (Low-content) GSD, Malamute, or Husky mix. Again, a large animal. I'm actually planning on getting one of these in the near future.

I have a malamute. 110lbs. She's a great dog. Definitely a hassle though...I tell people that huskies are basically the cats of dogs. They don't listen to you if they don't feel like it, and we have to keep her leashed absolutely 100% of the time outdoors because she will just run away and not come back. But super affectionate and a lot of fun every day.

I like big dogs. Sorry small dog lovers, but they're just not for me. I don't really see the appeal. I have cats too, why would I want a dog that's the size of a cat? I want a DOG.

To answer the OP, I've always wanted a Newfoundland.

Mordeccai

Australian shepherd!
1395690025844.jpg

Since I was 12, my family has exclusively had aussies, and I will only own aussies until the day I die. Incredible dogs, they will bond strongly to one human and remain insanely loyal. Great for families, or lone wolfs. Each one has had a totally unique personality, and they've all been smart as hell.

I have two with me right now, the 14 year old considers me her human, and the 9 year old is a rescue who has a love affair with my dad.

AxeMan

I had an Irish Wolfhound. Best, most friendly dogs ever. Sadly I no longer have the room for one

Pictures aren't mine

IrishWolfhoundFrankBrendan.JPG

4226ec30e13d0ab25dd178c9872bbfa9.jpg

Roo

I've been in love of Siberian Husky ever since I knew that breed existed.

Thing is, I'd rather adopt a random dog instead of buying one.
And as you know, Huskies are not very common In shelters so..

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Welsh Corgi. It's impossible to find one in Portugal, but I must own one eventually. When I get my next dog I might look into online options, but a dog isn't exactly something I imagine you can ship easily >_>

Paskil

I was set to get a black lab puppy at the end of July. Coworker has a yellow lab and chocolate lab and they had a litter. The night that I chose my puppy since they had finally started to show characteristics, I found that my brother and sister-in-law put in an offer on a house. I had to cancel my plans because I couldn't deal with the uncertainty of a new home and a move with a 4 month old puppy. They ended up canceling their offer for reasons, but have now closed on a house and are moving 10/31. The puppy would be 5 months at that point. We've rented together for 3 years and had just signed a 12 month lease extension, effective 7/1. Ridiculous and no idea why they're in such a hurry.

Super disappointing, but I feel that it was ultimately the right decision to make. Still very bummed about it, though.

Is training included in the list of obstacles omitted? Because if it is, I would also like some type of wolf dog like others said.

In real life though I would never be able to train a wolf dog since they constantly are challenging your dominance and don't obey you if you aren't disiblinary enough with them.

suzu

Alaskan Malamute, Siberian Husky, Norwegian Elkhound.

I'm not at all ready for these types of dogs but, I really like their appearance.

So I'll settle for maybe a corgi and/or shiba in the future. lol

Piggus

My aunt had a dog that was 50% wolf, 25% Alaskan Malamute, and 25% Siberian Husky. Most beautiful dog I've ever seen. He had a pretty unique personality too.

Personally I've always loved labs and golden retrievers more than anything else.

AxeMan

Is training included in the list of obstacles omitted? Because if it is, I would also like some type of wolf dog like others said.

In real life though I would never be able to train a wolf dog since they constantly are challenging your dominance and don't obey you if you aren't disiblinary enough with them.

Not true at all.
They are very trainable, just also very playful. Though they slow down with age

Though mine did get kicked out of puppy school because he was too big and the other dogs were scared of him. They love to put their paws on things, feet, other little dogs - and they are heavy

Not true at all.
They are very trainable, just also very playful. Though they slow down with age
Well yeah they can be trained but are usually much harder to train than other dog types. They tend to cause mischief at higher rates than other breeds too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom