• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog destroyed my glasses...

Dang, my glasses are tore up so bad they can't be used. I called like 3 optometrists and they all tell me I would need to wait 1-2 weeks for new ones. Is there no option out there to get something temporary to hold me over? I need them to be able to drive and work.

Rockondevil

Sometimes chemists (drug stores?) sell basic prescriptions which are quite average but if your vision is that bad it can’t hurt to try.

Also it won’t help right now but if you can afford it get two pairs from your optometrist.
Spares can be a lifesaver for any situation, not just glasses.

Happy Thug Life GIF by Butler University

Post pics of your dag and its handiwork.

Trunx81

Two pairs, I hope.
This!

My kid once broke my glasses in the middle. Had to use my sunglasses until I got a new pair. Thank god the glass itself was unharmed so I could just have it fixed into a similar frame. Still got a second pair that I keep inside my car. Just in case I’m on a trip and they brake.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Zenni optical and order a couple pairs if you know your prescription. But they take weeks to show up. But it will be cheaper than the optometrist.

UnNamed

Banned
"dog broke my glasses so I can't go to work" is the adult version of "dog ate my schoolwork"

Last edited:

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Dang, my glasses are tore up so bad they can't be used. I called like 3 optometrists and they all tell me I would need to wait 1-2 weeks for new ones. Is there no option out there to get something temporary to hold me over? I need them to be able to drive and work.
Where the hell do you live?

navii

In Sydney I found Owndays and they will get you new glasses in a couple of hours after getting a test. Other places take weeks. I don't know how they can do it so fast.

Rockondevil

In Sydney I found Owndays and they will get you new glasses in a couple of hours after getting a test. Other places take weeks. I don't know how they can do it so fast.
I'm new to the glasses world but Specsavers took over 6 weeks to make my sons glasses.

He has a vastly different prescription per eye, but I was surprised how long that took.

Maybe other places would've been faster....

navii

I'm new to the glasses world but Specsavers took over 6 weeks to make my sons glasses.

He has a vastly different prescription per eye, but I was surprised how long that took.

Maybe other places would've been faster....
Yah. That's actually what happened to me. I had an eye test done and went to Specsavers to get my current glass changed over and they took over a month. While I was waiting I went to a shopping mall and walked into Owndays, out of curiosity I asked them how long will it take to get my new glasses and they said about an hour. So I got new ones on the spot. But multi focal lenses took them a couple of weeks.

Puscifer

If you live in the USA and have your prescription

Granted I haven't used Jins in a couple years but last I used them overnight was still an option that cost an arm and a leg. Overnight glasses as well, frames aren't the best looking though but you might find some that fit your style

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
Maybe I'm misremembering, but weren't you once able to go to a place and get in an hour? Is this just yet another thing we can't do anymore?

That said, Warby Parker is pretty fast, if there is an actual store near you, you can get them pretty quick. I always try to have two pairs of glasses, even if one of them is an old prescription.

Last edited:
Top Bottom