• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Doki Doki Suikoden Announced For PSP [NO, not related to the Konami RPG:s]

Whenever I see "Doki Doki" I keep thinking about Doki Doki Panic!

Is that really a part the title for this Suikoden game? I hope it's a real Suikoden game but Doki Doki just sounds like something else.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
Whenever I see "Doki Doki" I keep thinking about Doki Doki Panic!

Is that really a part the title for this Suikoden game? I hope it's a real Suikoden game but Doki Doki just sounds like something else.
It's something else

I'm glad I didn't let myself get my hopes up before reading the whole topic.

There will be a new Suikoden though someday. Believe.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
JodyAnthony said:
welp, time to rebuy a psp
if true
Don't worry, Suikoden news always ends in disappointment.

KAL2006

Banned
Give me another Suikoden and my life will be complete :(

But seriously Suikoden is my favourite JRPG series of all time, why must Konami abandon the series.

Takao

Banned
Irem is a ballsy studio. They make games that no one has heard of but keep on trucking along without a care.

Incidentally people, this has no real connection to the games by Konami. The suikoden reference is to the novel that the first game was inspired by- The Water Margin, and it seems like it only goes as far as the 108 girls in the april fools day joke and the name.

Amir0x

Banned
Diomedeskun said:
Incidentally people, this has no real connection to the games by Konami. The suikoden reference is to the novel that the first game was inspired by- The Water Margin, and it seems like it only goes as far as the 108 girls in the april fools day joke and the name.

oh i was a little confused

still Konami trolled us with the Suikoden pachislot game so i think they still deserve the namecalling ;)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
cj_iwakura said:
30 types of... socks?
Over/under on how many of those are knee highs?

And I see you finally got an account approved here. Waited a few years, going by your join date. ;P

(assuming you're the same dude from P-A)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Suikoden I-V: emotionally charged storylines featuring massive amount of characters--politics, romance, intriguing mysteries, heroes, traitors, legends, massive battles.........

And now a DATE SIMULATOR?

I weep... weep for the once great name of Suikoden......... :( :( :( :( :( :(

If it ever gets an English release though, which I heavily doubt (what are the chances?), I will still buy it... just for the sake of Suikoden name... :(

Laughing Banana said:
Suikoden I-V: emotionally charged storylines featuring massive amount of characters--politics, romance, intriguing mysteries, heroes, traitors, legends, massive battles.........

If it ever gets an English release though, which I heavily doubt (what are the chances?), I will still buy it... just for the sake of Suikoden name... :(

I wouldn't worry. It's not part of the Genso Suikoden series, and it's not trying pass itself off as such. It has no connection to the Konami games. It is completely unrelated. It will not get a US release. You will not have to buy it. It is not a Genso Suikoden game.

Tabris

My childhood is being raped by Konami and Square Enix. All my fond memories of a kid playing Suikoden and Final Fantasy are now tarnished.

IrishNinja

...the worst part about getting in on these threads by page 2 is the birth and death of your hype, at the speed of your ability to skim & scroll.

id say between this and shenmue for babies or whatever, gaming's on a roll.

IrishNinja said:
...the worst part about getting in on these threads by page 2 is the birth and death of your hype, at the speed of your ability to skim & scroll.

id say between this and shenmue for babies or whatever, gaming's on a roll.

Page 2? You're doing it wrong. Not as wrong as Irem's trolling, mind, but still pretty wrong.

Catshade

Laughing Banana said:

How about Suikogaiden?

Haunted

I wanted to playfully drop a line about dating sims when I read that it's called Doki Doki Suikoden, but it actually is a dating sim and it's not a joke?

holy shit

Love sim has destructible clothing and over 30 types of socks.
what the fuck

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Laughing Banana said:

I dont see what you're getting so worked up about. It's on PSP and Japan only, it's like the thing never existed to begin with!

Finaika

* Yuko Haizeru: A second year student in the newspaper club who falls in love with you instantly.
* Kimika Yakumo: A third year high class girl who's skilled at martial arts
* Nana Hachiouji: A first year student who likes cosplay and always wears cat ears
* Rei Eguchi
* Yoko Hoshino: A junior high student who's speeding through to graduation. She calls you Big Brother.
* Satsuki Ogawa: Your childhood friend who's quite active in clubs
Superb cast of characters there.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What does Doki Doki means?
Because in some trailers SNKP use it on its logo.

Top Bottom