• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don Mattrick: "Fortunately" consumers without a connection can buy Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

hal9001

Banned
eX7F7kS.jpg

Is this real?!?!?

Are they INSANE!?

They are unbelievable.

Polari

This is almost depressing now. It's just one extraordinary PR gaffe after the other. I skipped the PS3 in lieu of the 360, but Microsoft have made it fairly clear they don't want my money this time around.

fart town usa

Gold Member
That's funny but I never support fucking with low-end support people. There is nothing they can do and they just try to do a shitty job and try to be polite.

Seriously.

It's not like the support guy/girl repping twitter made these awful decisions. He/She probably plans on getting a ps4 too, lol.

Has someone spiked the water cooler over at Microsoft HQ? They just keep digging themselves a bigger grave. I can't believe Mattrick essentially said to Geoff Keighley that if consumers can't connect to the internet then they should buy a 360 instead. I just... I mean WHAT?!

All hope of even considering an xbone purchase went out the window once all the DRM rumors became true. Forza 5's rushed launch and missing features like weather and night effects were icing on this shit cake.

This is just getting cruel. All this paired with the announcement that you should just get a 360 if you can't get online is so incredibly insensitive. J-GAF is pretty much out of luck even if they were curious enough to import. Microsoft why you so crazy?

JABEE

The person working that support Twitter is just doing his best with the policies and information he is given. I feel bad for him or her.

Flarin

Has someone spiked the water cooler over at Microsoft HQ? They just keep digging themselves a bigger grave. I can't believe Mattrick essentially said to Geoff Keighley that if consumers can't connect to the internet then they should buy a 360 instead. I just... I mean WHAT?!

That isn't essentially what he said, that is exactly what he said.

Rubezh

It's the exact same as it is now. People in unsupported countries finding a work around dont get the full experience. No way can MS guarantee that it works either.

It's exactly the same except the console won't work. How are they supposed to get the 24 hour check in?

tensuke

A4fuzzE.jpg

All hope of even considering an xbone purchase went out the window once all the DRM rumors became true. Forza 5's rushed launch and missing features like weather and night effects were icing on this shit cake.
And no weather effects? Don't worry, the Cloud™ will take care of all the weather you need.

demolitio

So do all these people that live in unsupported countries live on nuclear subs or something? Mattrick feels bad for you guys (for his pockets)...

This is a huge joke at this point. I never thought I'd go into GS and BB and hear people talking BADLY about MS after all the bullshit they've said in the past...lol

Im a Halo fanboy, i love Xbox, i love that controller and i absolutely despise the ps3 controller. That being said, you will never EVER convince me that having a console that "checks in" every 24 hours in order to function is good for its users. Ever. There are absolutely NO ADVANTAGES to this for us. None.

The Cloud is another story, theres potential there with that. But having me check in or else my console is a brick? You can spin that any which way you want, and every single time im getting fucked in the ass.

MS for the first time in my life, GO FUCK YOURSELVES.

Video in the OP got taken down.

Anyone up for a relink or have alternate links?

MS is furiously employing Viacom to take down those links for damage control lol.

KAL2006

Banned
Who the hell buys access to all those services just to consider their console "Fully featured", nobody that's who.

I'd say, Console, online service, and a game. PS4 is $520 USD and Xbone is $640.

Actually with PS4 you don't need to even buy a game for some time, you get Drive Club Plus edition, more PSN+ games in the future. And you can play f"P games like Blacklight, Planetside 2, Doki Doki Universe, DC Universe, Warframe and etc.

eX7F7kS.jpg

Is this real?!?!?

Are they INSANE!?

XBoxSupport first should have replied, why on earth would you want to live there

person argues back

XBoxSupport replies #DealWithIt

ThaGuy

As a fighting game fanatic, the dedicated server announcement made me happy. But they haven't elaborated on what its going to be which is odd. I still have more questions than answers regarding the console.

PaulLFC

How can Microsoft even take those videos down? They belong to Gametrailers, not MS.
I'd heard the rumour of MS sending a copyright dispute, but I wasn't sure it was true, wouldn't it have to have been Viacom who owns GT?

If it is indeed MS, it's interesting that they're fine with not protecting their copyrights when it comes to positive clips of their interviews/conferences.

Raist

Banned
"I don't even know what it means to be on a nuclear sub but I gotta imagine it's not easy to get an internet connection"

HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAAAAA

Oh Don.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom