• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donald J. Trump elected 45th President of the United States

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Well if the illegals weren't here and able to vote for her (which is ridiculous that you don't have to show proof of US citizenship in all states to vote)

...he would've had an even bigger edge in the popular vote.

It's funny seeing the trumpers coming out of the woodworks after the elections.

Peltz

2-3.jpg

1-4.jpg

This is amazing.

RPGCrazied

Donald J. Trump Verified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

I have recieved and taken calls from many foreign leaders despite what the failing @nytimes said. Russia, U.K., China, Saudi Arabia, Japan,

Lol, this man is President. Let that sink in. Still feuding with a fucking newspaper.

Obama reads ten letters and messages from regular people a night. I can only imagine the worry and anxiety in those over the last few months.

RPGCrazied

Donald J. Trump Verified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Australia, New Zealand, and more. I am always available to them. @nytimes is just upset that they looked like fools in their coverage of me.

There is more, just no words.

Voting ID laws are different in each state actually and the Democrat party has fought against having proper ID every step of the way, even though all polls tell us the public supports it by a wide margin.

https://ballotpedia.org/Voter_identification_laws_by_state#Details_by_state

Do you even know how voter registration works? A non-citizen cannot register to vote. Therefore they would never be on the voting rolls. Therefore it is impossible for them to vote.

In-person voting fraud is nearly non-existent in the US and incredibly inefficient even if it was widespread. Voter ID laws serve only to ensure poor people cannot vote because it places unnecessary burden on them via time from work, location, and cost. You're talking dozens of cases over a period of 15 years out of billions of ballots cast.

It's no accident that voter ID laws are frequently coupled with highly reduced hours of operations of DMV offices, and office closures to the point sometimes people have to go to different counties just to get an ID.

Keasar

I wonder if the rest of the world will let this happen. History is repeating itself. No one can deny that stuff will get fucked up in 2017. Especially because of all the scum that Trump is surrounding himself with.

Not much we Swedes can do but recently our former foreign minister Carl Bildt spoke out in Washington Times that Trump's presidency "is the end of the western world as we know it." Many other Swedish politicians are in shock and disbelief still. Reactions are that we cannot rely on the US. any longer as a defensive ally against any hostile acts against our country (or the rest of Scandinavia).

Pretty much a vast majority of the Swedish politicians who do not belong to our local Nazi party (the Swedish Democrats) dislike Trump and have spoken out against him several times as a threat to human rights and decency.

I doubt we will just quit talking with the US. but the trust is definitely hurt.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Well if the illegals weren't here and able to vote for her (which is ridiculous that you don't have to show proof of US citizenship in all states to vote)

LOL - you have no idea what you're talking about.

Why is it always junior accounts that spout this rubbish??

Jesus, I knew I was feeling deja vu, just couldn't remember the thread. Is this your GAF account, Donald?

Trolled himself to the presidency. It would be hilarious if the stakes weren't so high and racists weren't being emboldened by the rhetoric.

Though peeps should calm it down with the whole chicken little reactions to trump.

He hasn't enacted a single policy yet so it's just signal noise until he starts the job proper.

I honestly cannot predict what's going to happen months after inauguration day.

I'd like to believe we are seeing signs of pivots coming through the cracks, this being one of them.

However there is the looming menace of the republican platform and white nationalist advocates pissing into his ear daily.

Though isn't Ivanka and his kids pretty liberal? And they'll be advising him too.

I mean right now the only thing he's done that's concrete is chat to Taiwan and save a thousand jobs (at tax dollars expense but rather that than all out war etc)

Tldr: it's all just speculation as to what's going to happen at this point with Trump. The fear mongering hyperbole seems premature and honestly quite depressing.

SeanC

Tldr: it's all just speculation as to what's going to happen at this point with Trump. The fear mongering hyperbole seems premature and honestly quite depressing.

The fact he's putting some of the worst people in powerful positions around him makes the fear far from hyperbolic. Pence as VP alone had people worried considering what he did in Indiana.

His kids can't advise him on shit, the people he's putting him around him will and considering Trump seems pretty unable to think for himself they'll be pulling the strings.

The fact he's putting some of the worst people in powerful positions around him makes the fear far from hyperbolic. Pence as VP alone had people worried considering what he did in Indiana.

His kids can't advise him on shit, the people he's putting him around him will and considering Trump seems pretty unable to think for himself they'll be pulling the strings.

Yeah the looming threat of the republican platform was identified in my post. But it depends whether Trump will be swayed away from the more insipid elements of the party due to his liberal leanings.

It's not as though he is a big hit with establishment republicans and has had fallings out in the past. Also since he's prone to flip flopping,who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom