• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Done with Logitech, what mouse do I get?

Had a G500 and it was great until after about 2 years it started to develop a double click problem, then the laser died. Replaced it with a G700s, now only a year later it's developed a similar clicking problem and has shown signs of the laser going as well. I use a mousepad or a wooden desk (each mouse was on an entirely different desk, so that certainly couldn't have been an issue) So I'm done with Logitech. I paid $50 for each mouse so I'd prefer not to go much higher than that.

If you want to avoid the double clicking problem, Huanos are your best bet (the switches in mice like Zowie).

Beware though, double clicking can happen with any switch on the market. I've had the double clicking problem on Zowies too.

Warranties are great on Logitech hardware though. Buy one thing from them and they'll basically replace it for free for life.

Started to form a collection in my closet of slightly broked mice and keyboards.

Moz

Razer get a shitty rep that isn't wholly warranted in my personal experience, and the Deathadder is a lovely mouse.

Geedorah

I dunno man, I've tried some other brands and I still think that Logi is the best I've tried for mice. Steelseries is O.K. - but I don't like the materials used, and I am now fully addicted to the G700 series scroll-wheel.

Funny this thread just appeared.

My G9X just died tonight, and after lot of googling and reading reviews I decided to buy a Logitech G502 as most of them basically call it worthy successor of the G9.
The most critical thing seems to be the metallic wheel, so lets hope is not that bad for me.

I had the double click problem 3 times in the g9x's whole life (so since 2009), and I always fixed it myself by opening and bending the spring again into shape.
Last time I hade to fix the spring was just some months ago, but it seems I did something wrong when I closed it and the cable slowly started to fuck up till today, while playing overwatch it just failed completly (using a normal mouse form the other PC right now).

I was pretty mad when the cable started failing (and this last time I just snapped the cable in 2 lol), but then I thought, well its been around 6 years Ive had that mouse, and from what Im reading thats a lot.
So I went with Logitech again.

The worst thing about this is bthe mouse breaking on saturday night, now I wont have my gaming mouse until monday.

get another g5000, i swear by that shit

i fucking bought a razer deathadder and its not a bad mouse, but i got a problem that a lot of other deathadder users got, which is the malfunctioning of the scroll click.. you can google it

g5000 is the greatest feeling mouse ive ever felt

I sent an email to support, so I'll see how that turns out I guess.

get another g5000, i swear by that shit

i fucking bought a razer deathadder and its not a bad mouse, but i got a problem that a lot of other deathadder users got, which is the malfunctioning of the scroll click.. you can google it

g5000 is the greatest feeling mouse ive ever felt

They're only available secondhand and I don't know anything about secondhand mice. Is it worth risking $50?

Justinh

Funny this thread just appeared.

My G9X just died tonight, and after lot of googling and reading reviews I decided to buy a Logitech G502 as most of them basically call it worthy successor of the G9.
The most critical thing seems to be the metallic wheel, so lets hope is not that bad for me.

I had the double click problem 3 times in the g9x's whole life (so since 2009), and I always fixed it myself by opening and bending the spring again into shape.
Last time I hade to fix the spring was just some months ago, but it seems I did something wrong when I closed it and the cable slowly started to fuck up till today, while playing overwatch it just failed completly (using a normal mouse form the other PC right now).

I was pretty mad when the cable started failing (and this last time I just snapped the cable in 2 lol), but then I thought, well its been around 6 years Ive had that mouse, and from what Im reading thats a lot.
So I went with Logitech again.

The worst thing about this is bthe mouse breaking on saturday night, now I wont have my gaming mouse until monday.

I never did have double click with my G9, but I did have to replace the cord on it with one I bought from ebay.

If you're really set on ditching Logitech, OP, Zowie mouses seem to get a lot of recommendations and love. I've never used one, but I guess I've been a little curious. You can check out RocketJumpNinja's list of recommendations (even though they're not on the top, I think he's said a number or times that his favorite mouse is the Zowie EC-2a, and apparently now it's the FK2)

I guess I'm a logitech fanboy. I have a G303 and a G Pro hooked up to my Desktop right now and a G900 hooked up to my laptop and will probably buy a wired G403 soon since they're available at amazon. I'm pretty sure all their new mice come with two year warranties.

edit: I'm a dummy and forgot to link the page

Top Bottom