• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wireless USB Mouse Recommendations?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
So it seems that either i have terrible luck with every USB mouse i get or maybe im just getting a shitty brand...

Ive gone through several Logitech wireless USB mice where in every single one of them, after about 3-4 months or so, the damn left mouse button develops this issue where even though i single click, it registers as a double click. I'm only using these mice for work, not gaming things so its not like theyre being excessively used or anything, just normal day to day stuff. The mice themselves dont physically look like theyre bad, the buttons dont physically stick, etc....but this infuriating problem keeps happening.

Is there a good brand i should buy where this doesn't happen that doesn't cost a shit ton of money?

Valonquar

31EFKlVz4BL._AC_.jpg

Logitech Ergo M575
giphy.webp

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
3-4 months, that's really low! I think all the Logitech mice I've used lasted two years before they began double-clicking, and that's with pretty intense use.

Here's one way you can fix the problem yourself, or you can look into soldering on upgraded switches (or seeing if someone sells pre-upgraded boards for your mouse on ebay, because a lot of that stuff is available for my mouse). Before, I kept buying replacement mice instead of just taking control of the problem. At least now I have three G700s' on hand (my favorite mouse), since Logitech doesn't make them anymore.
I'd recommend trying to fix your mouse. There's not much room for anything to go wrong, and if something does, well, you were gonna buy a new mouse anyway.

Ulysses 31

Either Viper V2 Pro or Deathadder V3 Pro.

gNwvj3hMpMSUT42pvGN4rS.jpg

6514425cv14d.jpg

They have optical switches which are far less likely to misregister as double clicks.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Weird that you have this problem. Most of my mice, including Logitech ones I end up replacing because of cosmetic issues (either physical wear or developing annoying and ironic squeaks) before they fail physically.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless

And in fairness to you I will give you a little more than just the link and you figuring out for yourself.

I have coupled this with the Corsair k60 wireless keyboard. I bought the lab board and everything specific to that keyboard as well and use it in combination with this mouse.

Both of them have been like I've told some of my friends, the best wireless experience I've ever had and it felt like I was on a wire desktop for what it did for me. And that is including the range and responsiveness which can be an issue with a lot of other wireless keyboards or mice. You turn it a certain direction and sometimes you lose signal because the IR or something isn't working right.

That isn't the case with this mouse as it really lasts a long while and although I am back to having a traditional death set up because I was using this and the Corsair keyboard for my comfy couch needs, it's still in use in my living room and I would never get rid of it. I even have been using it with my steam deck just to transfer over things and manipulate desktop mode.

Last edited:
Top Bottom