• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Donkey Kong Country & Donkey Kong Land coming to European Wii U/3DS eShop from 16/10

Camjo-Z

These better hit the US soon yo! Maybe I'll finally be able to beat DKL2 without my cartridge deleting the save file for once.

FUCK THEM FOR NOT GIVING US THE GBC VERSION OF DKL3!

Fuck them for not giving you an untranslated Japanese version of the game? Uh...

Santar

The problem is that, just like with Super Metroid and Link to the Past, the USA eshop will have a superior version of the same game for cheaper than what we are paying here for a gimped 50hz version.

Actually at least Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 were optimized for PAL originally so they run just as fast as the NTSC versions, even on a real SNES.

trixx

If it's coming to Europe it's coming to NA. That's kinda how the eShop works, the only thing is that you might not get that particular deal in North America.

Yeah, i hope NA gets the deal. Mad that I missed out on TF sale for smash bros release hopefullly they can do it again for Wii U release lol

TheMoon

I think I bought DKC from the Wii VC, do I still get the discount for TF?

If not, then I have to re-buy DKC for Wii U (which isn't out until this offer starts?) in order to get the discount?

The page states clearly that it only applies if you bought one of the games with the same NNID. Since NNIDs don't exist on Wii or Wii Mode the answer is pretty clear.

Rich!

Actually at least Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 were optimized for PAL originally so they run just as fast as the NTSC versions, even on a real SNES.

...thats not solving the issue here. As I explained on the last page, the Wii U cannot output 50hz. So it doubles every fifth frame which results in stutter and a dead zone each second where controls are not recognized. It doesnt matter whether the original game was optimized for 50hz or not, the issue will be the same.

TheMoon

sörine;134124773 said:
I wonder if the games will be relisted for Wii as well?

Since Nintendo's bringing back delisted titles hopefully Sim City is next.

The funny thing is, Sim City was never delisted in Europe. I bought the Wii VC version last year because the internet had me panicking about delisted stuff :D

Mlatador

Banned
Not getting any of these as I have the superior originals. However, to anyone else not owning an snes, you should definitely pick up Donkey Kong Country and Donkey Kong Country 2.

TheMoon

DKC3 is amazing, too. Better recognize.

y3X7JB.gif

sörine

Banned
The funny thing is, Sim City was never delisted in Europe. I bought the Wii VC version last year because the internet had me panicking about delisted stuff :D
Looking it up seems it was never delisted in Japan either. Sim Earth (TGCD) was never delisted in any region too. Weird.

Well, hopefully it's also coming back. And I'd still like Tetris Attack too.

Pila

High prices?????????? They're only five pounds and forty-nine pence, that's like the price of two pints of beer

Well, it's not like they give them away dude, 8 € is not a penny for a lot of europeans, I'm glad you feel like they're not even money... I'm paying that price for the best version available, not interested in 50 hz stuff, plain and simple.

With the removal of the games on the original Wii, I was already fearing we'd only get the GBA ports. Thankfully not.

I never had the Land titles, I might check them out...

Drago

!!!

NoA please! I need DKC2 and 3!
Glad to see the games coming back though. Had serious fear of them putting the GBA ports up instead D:

Well, it's not like they give them away dude, 8 € is not a penny for a lot of europeans, I'm glad you feel like they're not even money... I'm paying that price for the best version available, not interested in 50 hz stuff, plain and simple.

They're worth a lot more than that IMO

sörine

Banned
Maybe the legal compromise is "no NA version."
If there's any legal compromise it'd be removing things like the Rareware logo and KI character cameos (both of which were kept in the GBA ports post-MS buyout iirc). Nintendo owns everything else outright.

OMG what a treat! I love DKC games but I was very disappointed in the Wii VC releases as the image quality was rubbish. Everything was a pixelated mess. I hope they look better on the WiiU!

radcliff

My guess is NOA releases the DCK trilogy next month for the original's 20th anniversary. This is also why I am expecting Demon's Crest in December (to celebrate that game's 20th anniversary).

TheMoon

OMG what a treat! I love DKC games but I was very disappointed in the Wii VC releases as the image quality was rubbish. Everything was a pixelated mess. I hope they look better on the WiiU!

Did you only look at them before they patched them with scanline support?

Mr-Joker

Banned
DUCK YESSSSSSS!!!!!! *pounds chest like Donkey Kong* I have been waiting my whole life to play Donkey Kong country on the Wii U.

And this time I don't care if it's the 60 or 50 Hz version it's ducking Donkey Kong. Though I will pass on the Donkey Kong Land series as I already own them.

Top Bottom