• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't change your Amazon UK Switch pre-order delivery option

Alpha_eX

I posted about this in more than a few Switch threads recently and a few people told me I was wrong.

To my understanding, If you make a change, the system will cancel the existing order and create a new one for the same product with the updated payment/delivery options. It will then apply this to the existing order ID.

It's disappointing, I lost mine too.

I think my post was lost in a sea of people saying they changed payment/address ect on a preorder before and still got it, not taking into account that the preorder in question was still in stock, when the Switch is sold out and on a first-come-first-serve basis.

I have since pre-ordered at Argos, but they take the money upfront so I think I'm going to cancel that.

Shadders

I've changed the delivery address on a preorder before (my NES Mini) and it didn't break anything. Is it just if it changes the price in some way?

I'm a Prime subscriber if that might make a difference?

I think my post was lost in a sea of people saying they changed payment/address ect on a preorder before and still got it, not taking into account that the preorder in question was still in stock, when the Switch is sold out and on a first-come-first-serve basis.
I changed the payment option on my Amazon Switch pre-order just a few days ago and nothing changed, and IIRC they were not taking anymore pre-orders at the time. *shrug* I guess I got lucky?

Edut: This is Amazon US btw, not sure if they handle things differently in other areas.

Phoenixus

Phew, glad I wasn't tempted to change my delivery option to try and get it on release day. So they're not being sent out to arrive before Saturday for every early preorderer? :/

Rellik

Yeah, I remember people on here doing this for PS4 launch and losing their spot because of it. Sadly, this is how Amazon works.

I'm Amazon US and I'm moving 3 weeks before the Switch comes out. I wasn't sure at the time of pre order if my move would be before or after.

If I contact customer service and have them update it, what are the odds my preorder is OK?

Phew, glad I wasn't tempted to change my delivery option to try and get it on release day. So they're not being sent out to arrive before Saturday for every early preorderer? :/

I'm fairly certain that unless you choose expedited delivery when you pre order the chances of getting it on release day are very limited.
Knowing amazon they will send out orders to people that chose fast shipping the day before, and those that chose basic delivery they tend to send out on release day.
problem is that the 4th is a Saturday and depending on where you live a lot of people that chose basic delivery will have to wait until Monday the 6th, happens all the time with amazon.

Phoenixus

I'm fairly certain that unless you choose expedited delivery when you pre order the chances of getting it on release day are very limited.
Knowing amazon they will send out orders to people that chose fast shipping the day before, and those that chose basic delivery they tend to send out on release day.

Yeah I was afraid of that. Oh well, it's only one day. :/

Lucifon

This happened to me and I got a v.similar response on live chat. First time I've ever been really unimpressed with an Amazon UK support experience. They're usually incredibly good with these kinda things, but in this case they could potentially have screwed over a lot of people.

Nintendo still has the grey Switch in stock if anyone fancies changing their pre-order, they don't take payment until dispatch: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintend...witch-console-with-grey-joy-con/11396089.html

Yep and confirmed with them that it's still release day delivery :) That's who I've switched to.

Yeah I was afraid of that. Oh well, it's only one day. :/

They even say on the final page if you pick basic shipping that you'll get it on the 4th.
I'd rather pay an extra £5, get it on release day and not run the risk of it missing staurdays delivery and having to wait until monday the 6th .

Nintendo still has the grey Switch in stock if anyone fancies changing their pre-order, they don't take payment until dispatch: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/nintend...witch-console-with-grey-joy-con/11396089.html
I would normally say that this is the best option but given that they use yodel for delivery there is no way in hell i'd risk it.

Phoenixus

They even say on the final page if you pick basic shipping that you'll get it on the 4th.
I'd rather pay an extra £5, get it on release day and not run the risk of it missing staurdays delivery and having to wait until monday the 6th .

Yeah, I was tired after watching the conference and missed that part. :p

Raylan

Banned
Well known.

Change your delivery-address or the payment option = counts like a new order and you will go back on the list.
Never change anything if you want it day 1.

So I was forced to change mine. I am moving to a new house but at the time of order this wasn't finalized and I didn't know when.

I didn't change mine myself, I contacted Customer Service, informed them of my concern of it essentially reordering and cancelling, and they "assured" me that they could change it themselves and that wouldn't happen.

Both my Zelda and Switch pre-orders are exactly as they were, arriving March 3, with the updated address. However my Joycon Set pre-order has changed to "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate", which gives me some concerns.

NEO0MJ

What's annoying for me I'd that I'm not sure I'll get the Switch at launch but I want the spacial edition Zelda but they're both in the same order and now it hit me that if I change it I'll lose Zelda.

Top Bottom