• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Don't play Star Wars Battlefront if you haven't seen the new Star Wars yet

Greddleok

Yeah spoilers ruin surprises, not stories. Unless it's a bad story build solely around the surprise.

I 100% agree. Spoilers don't bother me, nor do they spoil anything. The journey is more important than the destination.

If a movie is ruined for you by a single sentence in an avatar, I think you need to reassess why you enjoy movies.

I 100% agree. Spoilers don't bother me, nor do they spoil anything. The journey is more important than the destination.

If a movie is ruined for you by a single sentence in an avatar, I think you need to reassess why you enjoy movies.

Surprises are elements of a story thus knowing can alter the enjoyment of said story. I don't see how this is disputable. The journey being more important is not relevant to this argument. Events that happen in a story are part of a story. "Spoilers" are part of a story because everything is a story element. You can't segregate one from the other.

There's always more there to enjoy than just one or two surprises, yes, but pretending like having something ruined is something to brush off because "it's about the destination" is absurd.

Akibared

Yeah spoilers ruin surprises, not stories. Unless it's a bad story build solely around the surprise.

For me if I know something is going to happen in a story it's going to be in the back of my mind the whole time just waiting for it ruining the experience a bit.

Spoilers don't spoil anything? What the fuck am I reading.

You really need to avoid the internet totally to avoid spoilers, for instance whilst working my way through game of thrones and playing super Mario 3d world someone posted this at the end of a level

tyrion kills his father

Top Bottom