• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM Resurrected - To Hell & Back (Noclip/O'Dwyer documentary on Doom 2016)

Hesemonni

Banned
Wolfenstein is hard.

gEaCab3.jpg

xuchu

Really enjoyed and learnt a lot from the rocket league documentary. Won't doubt this one will be just as great. Is it one video each day this week or every other day?

Added to the watch list since shitty youtube doesn't want to show people all uploads from channels they're subscribed to. Thanks for the heads up OP.

Tovarisc

Kevin Cloud still taking Doom 4 hard on himself :/ I guess there is some feel of letting ID and fans down by not being able to nail down "Call of DOOM" resulting in scrapped project.

robotrock

Banned
These are so good
Really enjoyed and learnt a lot from the rocket league documentary. Won't doubt this one will be just as great. Is it one video each day this week or every other day?
Three parts, releasing today, tomorrow, and Wednesday.

red731

That was amazing and I can't wait for another episode!

I am so fucking glad they had the feeling that, that 1.0 something, call of duty whatever, was not really taking and feeling what made Doom timeless after all those years.

Top job.

ZalinKrow

Really enjoyed part one, can't wait for the next two parts. I'm also just psyched about what Danny is doing with Noclip. I find these really fascinating and so easy to sit down and watch.

Manu

I'm glad we didn't get Call of DOOM, but the footage looks interesting nonetheless.

Maybe if we get single player DLC for DOOM we can get something on that style? It would make for a nice change of pace from the campaign.

With the campaign's gameplay intact, of course.

Definitely interesting for an old Doom fan, thanks for posting. This reminds me that I still feel somewhat 'bad' or 'left out' over how much I actually dislike the new Doom after all that wait and rooting for id. I've tried to replay it twice since release and like it less each time somehow and was hoping for the opposite effect.

Fliesen

Danny O'Dwyer is a gift to the gaming world.

... and Hugo Martin is an incredibly charming person. - Watch the credits :p

Blam

I'm sorta disappointed that the footage that was shown at QuakeCon was so short. The ending was pretty funny.

Auctopus

2016 DOOM gameplay with the setting of the real-world invasion DOOM would be cool.

Great Part 1, Danny has carved out a great corner of the industry for himself with NoClip.

Glass

Great stuff. Love that the team knew this was going to be a good documentary and decided there and then to hand over the Quakecon footage.

Nice first part of the doc; I heard over and over about the leaked footage from "Call of Doom" and this was the first time I ever actually saw it for myself. Interviews were great, felt like a lot of good Q&A going on. Looking forward to parts 2 and 3.

The end clip of them showing Doom gameplay at quakecon was some very stirring stuff. Can't wait for more. This is the kind of content I wanted from area 5.

Top Bottom