• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question for those of you who know... My best friend has a ton of trouble with the Red/Green teams in HoN, is there a colorblind mode in Dota 2? He said he might be able to do Red/Blue.

x3r0123

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Here's a question for those of you who know... My best friend has a ton of trouble with the Red/Green teams in HoN, is there a colorblind mode in Dota 2? He said he might be able to do Red/Blue.

i dont see why wouldnt valve implement that in the future as dota1 has the option to turn the sentinel/radiant and scourge/dire minimap color to a single one. Atm and afaik, no

The big problem he has is that he can't tell what the hell is going on in messy team fights because red health bars look exactly like the green ones to him. If it's not red and green he wouldn't have a problem, he said.

kagete

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
The big problem he has is that he can't tell what the hell is going on in messy team fights because red health bars look exactly like the green ones to him. If it's not red and green he wouldn't have a problem, he said.

Ahh I've complained about this same thing so many times to so many people! You can change the autoexec.cfg settings so that friendly/hostile unit outline is BLUE instead of RED. Just set the RGB values, the default autoexec will have them. Bonus side effect is that it also changes the minimap colors. It's not perfect but it helps. Does his monitor have multiple color presets? Maybe he can also try toggling to a different one (like theater mode) just when playing dota2 and then toggle back afterwards.

Teknopathetic said:
I'm upset I don't have a spot on your team, kag.

I haven't played any footy in ages :| I pretty much ran out of spots to put people in, but for your sake will gladly shake up the roster

My Team Tryhard

Forwards:
loki_demi [Ace]
SwiftLame
Anbokr

Midfielders:
Alumnus
Sebulon3k
Puppetyuber

Defenders:
Pillowknight
Oceanic
Thorinbei [sweeper]
Procarbine [stopper]
Ikuu [gk]

Bench:
Neki
Lone Prodigy
Conceptor
Haly

Victory Cigars:
Sanjay
Meteorain

Token Korean striker import: astroboy
Token
black guy
MLS player: MoodyShuffle

Drunk fans:
ulcajun
drunk swag

Former ace turned arch-rival:
Meeru/mint/Valenti

Manager : kagete
Video: Tomat
Stats: delirium
Rulebook: Freakinchair
Play-by-Play: Kapura
Color Commentary: bzm
Major sponsor: Nome
Cheerleader/Muse: MsPudding

Teams of 8-10. 5 available players play. All prizes go to the team manager for distribution to his players at his discretion. Games will be streamed by pro and astro for those who don't have access to the beta. Let's do this!

Neki

I like how bzm, kapura and freakingchair aren't actually playing on the team. :p stuck in commentating positions and boring jobs!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
AbortedWalrusFetus said:

There is a colorblind option in the menus, but it isn't enabled yet.

Hylian7

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Actually, in the video options, there is a "color blind mode" option. It is not implemented yet, but it is nice to have confirmation of it. I will post a screenshot when I get back to my desktop.

Edit: Beaten

Hylian7

Spookie said:
I've taken a couple of days off DoTA 2 so what have I missed? Teams wut? :$

PS play Skyrim.
Someone just gifted me that. I'll now be alternating between Dota 2, Skryim, and starting on Saturday, Skyward Sword. It's like I got all the awesome games in one week.

Sanjay

Phandy said:
Wait, being a token white guy makes me a minority? Fuck yes.

Also I just cant imagine you playing football Sanjay. Do you suggest builds like 1-1-8? Or your the guy that convinces everyone to try the offside trap and end up conceding? lol.

What! been playing competitive football for ages. I prefer 4-4-2/4-5-1 and I'm the guy telling my defenders to stop playing the offside trap :mad:

Current team:
Guru Nanak Gurdwar (GNG)
http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessP...electedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=6628735

I don't take total leadership in Dota 2 during games but then again no one does but the two times I did captain in the HoN league I did boss my team to victory!

Conceptor

hell yeah Kag. If we ever change from soccer to hockey you'd have to somehow work us Canadians into the roster :).

I played in a gaf IH last night (the salt one), and I noticed that Shadow Shaman was getting ward traps down almost every single time he tried. Is this normal? I don't have Dota experience but even in HoN it didn't feel that easy..

Sanjay

Ultimoo said:
wish you would have shown some of those captaining skills when we played chu.

I did not but I'm sure if we did we would have had a better hero lineup. Let me lane solo against two pro players and pebbles side lane, but leadership can only go so far, end of the day, they were pro players.

No one really captains full-hearted though, wish people would though. It's uncomfortable and that's why people don't. No one likes being told what to do in games but in sports its fine. Very odd.

PuppetYuber said:
The presence of Sanjay kills everything

Wish you had a presence.

Neckbeard

kagete said:
Ahh I've complained about this same thing so many times to so many people! You can change the autoexec.cfg settings so that friendly/hostile unit outline is BLUE instead of RED. Just set the RGB values, the default autoexec will have them. Bonus side effect is that it also changes the minimap colors. It's not perfect but it helps. Does his monitor have multiple color presets? Maybe he can also try toggling to a different one (like theater mode) just when playing dota2 and then toggle back afterwards.

I haven't played any footy in ages :| I pretty much ran out of spots to put people in, but for your sake will gladly shake up the roster

My Team Tryhard

Forwards:
loki_demi [Ace]
SwiftLame
Anbokr

Midfielders:
Alumnus
Sebulon3k
Puppetyuber

Defenders:
Pillowknight
Oceanic
Thorinbei [sweeper]
Procarbine [stopper]
Ikuu [gk]

Bench:
Neki
Lone Prodigy
Conceptor
Haly

Victory Cigars:
Sanjay
Meteorain

Token Korean striker import: astroboy
Token
black guy
MLS player: MoodyShuffle

Drunk fans:
ulcajun
drunk swag

Former ace turned arch-rival:
Meeru/mint/Valenti

Manager : kagete
Video: Tomat
Stats: delirium
Rulebook: Freakinchair
Play-by-Play: Kapura
Color Commentary: bzm
Major sponsor: Nome
Cheerleader/Muse: MsPudding

Teams of 8-10. 5 available players play. All prizes go to the team manager for distribution to his players at his discretion. Games will be streamed by pro and astro for those who don't have access to the beta. Let's do this!

Need a better team name.

dommynick

loblaw said:
Do you use xsplit? I can't for the life of me get it to work and I have no clue why.

if you mean it crashes everytime you try to log in, try getting .net 4.0. that happened to me in the beginning and then i realized xsplit needed it.

Hylian7

I love how the matchmaking in this game supports dual monitors really well.

If you have alt+tabbed, it flashes the window and makes a sound when it finds a match if you were sitting waiting in matchmaking.

Phandy

Sanjay said:
What! been playing competitive football for ages. I prefer 4-4-2/4-5-1 and I'm the guy telling my defenders to stop playing the offside trap :mad:

Current team:
Guru Nanak Gurdwar (GNG)
http://full-time.thefa.com/ProcessP...electedCompetition=0&psSelectedLeague=6628735

I don't take total leadership in Dota 2 during games but then again no one does but the two times I did captain in the HoN league I did boss my team to victory!

Awesome! I was joking by the way. Is that a full team league or 5 a side? Ever since I went to Uni I've wanted to get back into football. I really need to find a 5 a side league near where I live.

Also, when the hell did we start making dota2-football analogies.

Blackface

Banned
Cheeto said:
My computer should stream very well but for some reason I cannot get it to perform well no matter what I try.

Give me your specs and I will PM you what your Xsplit should be set at. Specs including a speed test.

I stream here twitch.tv/deadbeatgaming but won't be streaming DOTA 2 until I am not an embarrassment.

That goes for everyone. If you can't get your stream to work, and don't know what settings to use. I will help you out and configure it for you.

Conceptor

Archie said:
Salthouse time
bb4rt.png

Only the biggest nerd plays

Spookie

Archie said:
Salthouse time: Go to practice game and type "salthouse" in the password field.

Need more Euro-GAF, it's 12am here. :(

Edit: need another category for all this lingo. I feel like I should have some Indiana Jones-esq journal with all these fucking phrases everyone keeps using! :<

Teknopathetic said:
I am thus retiring from DOTA 2.
I want to as well but the game is so good. I don't want to play with randoms as they think they're the fucking elitist motherfuckers out there and everyone should know the game inside out and must first play 1000 matches with bot before they even dare facing anyone online.

Fuck them, but the game is fun!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
It's an excuse commonly used by a losing team because the other team was actually trying to win (buying wards, dust, gems, etc)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
StickSoldier said:
Who's the best initiator in the game? I'm 2-0 with Tide but I don't feel like I do much beside ult and that's it.
Earthshaker.
what does tryhard mean?
Playing at 120%.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, after I get Arcane Boots on Omniknight, what should I build? I tend to just get Sange And Yasha for the extra survivability and speeds boost (Omniknight is so slow)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Drkirby said:
(Omniknight is so slow)
300 base movespeed and slows everyone around him by 28%.

Maybe you should play bloodseeker or night stalker if that's too slow for you.

Sanjay

Drkirby said:
So, after I get Arcane Boots on Omniknight, what should I build? I tend to just get Sange And Yasha for the extra survivability and speeds boost (Omniknight is so slow)

Real Knights get:-

Phase Boots, Linken's Sphere & Radiance. DON'T EVER GO VANGUARD!

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
snack said:
What's the best way to learn how to play DOTA 2? I just got into the beta and I'm a complete nub. F'reals.

Understand the basics and work up from there. Positional awareness, denying, last hitting, understanding hero roles, etc etc.

Bot matches are good for learning the heroes and items too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom