• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
4 other people's fun actually, since most stomps I've been on/played against enjoy stomping.

I don't know who you think you're fooling but when you're down 10-0, and 3 of your teammates aren't even paying attention anymore, since they've already given up in their heads, you're only playing under the pretense of being a team of 5, when in reality it is probably a team of 2.

Ferrio

Banned
I care because I like long drawn-out really down to the wire games. You know, some of us actually enjoy the game even if we are seemingly losing.

We're not talking about seemingly losing here, we're talking about clear cut cases when it's being drawn out. Sure there can people who vote to end it too early, But if you have a decent team (which by your argument you're saying you do) who has a chance of winning atleast 3 will vote no.

Dina

Sure you might turn games around, but that usually doesn't happen. People start going afk, leave their lanes so you end up with a trilane 20 minutes in, and other annoying stuff. Thank god stats aren't working, but I don't see how you can't not want a concede option. 5/5 @ 15, 4/5 @ 30 is actually a pretty good sweet spot for publics.

Haly

I do agree, however, that 15 minutes is too early for DotA, which is generally slower paced than both HoN and LoL. 20 or 25 minutes would be better for the 5/5 deal. Then you can lower the required vote by 1 for every 15 minutes past.

All I know is that in LoL there were masses of people who just wanted to surrender vote when the game wasn't even near being decided. What I really want to know right now is why my Dota 2 is stuck at "Preparing to launch..."?

dommynick

All I know is that in LoL there were masses of people who just wanted to surrender vote when the game wasn't even near being decided. What I really want to know right now is why my Dota 2 is stuck at "Preparing to launch..."?

Mine is stuck at preparing to launch as well.

steam maintenance went goofy, my games were messed up too, but it's working now. going to play now and throw my stream up http://www.twitch.tv/dommynick

Conceptor

I do agree, however, that 15 minutes is too early for DotA, which is generally slower paced than both HoN and LoL. 20 or 25 minutes would be better for the 5/5 deal. Then you can lower the required vote by 1 for every 15 minutes past.
Don't know about the exact details, but something along these lines please. As mentioned, sitting around waiting for the other team to complete core item #4, Rosh and then push your Shrine gets dull.

Actually, for determining the numbers I'd be interested in seeing the results of an internal/team only placebo-conceed option, where at any point in the match a team can throw up the vote, but would still be required to play out the match and the result would be recorded as usual. The point would not be to encourage a defeatist attitude, but to gather more information on whether or not games in the current Dota 2 scope DO get turned around, for better or for worse. The vote would not be visible to the other team, so as to avoid influencing their overall gameplay.

Does that make sense? Aside from indirect stats they collect from games played and whatnot, it doesn't really feel like they would be able to get feedback on this unless it were an actual poll/survey, and even so, the decision for the final numbers would come down to the Devs and their judgement.

Gear symbol on the top left - click it and you'll see additional buttons for controls, audio, video/graphics and gameplay
Edit: Ah just check the graphcs tab and you'll be able to move the slider around there to change your display res.

Oh wow my Fraps FPS counter was blocking it, I was seriously losing my mind wondering where it was.

Much gratitude!

Madouu

I admit, it took me three tries to understand AA ult. " Why this tormented soul just disappears with no damage " was me during that time ... pretty interesting concept once you understand it though

453777140.jpg

Best game ever lol. Went 11/2/6

#sogood

Haly

I played L4D2 versus once recently and I was so out of practice (as were my friends) that the other team stomped us so hard they left out of boredom.

I laughed.
Clearly, introducing a concede option would ruin the chance of priceless moments like this.

Say "No" to concede!

n0b

While I see the point of people who want concede, every time I get a comeback or even the feeling of one it feels so good, so I kind of don't to be "that guy" that doesn't vote concede.

What would people think about just making the number of votes based on base towers/rax. One set of barracks down means 4/5 required, two down would require 3/5.

For the most part it feels like getting a rax is the cutoff point for comebacks, sometimes you can pull it off, but the whole team has to be motivated for it to work out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I think that is a decent idea. I really don't think you should even consider conceding till the 30 minute mark though.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That is why you should never have only one person who can be your carry, you need back up built into your lineup, characters who can change roles.

Haly

Why do they both look like they're doing some serious masturbating off cam?

Sibylus

Banned
Methinks Gaf is going to stick with dramatic heavy breathing. Heroic phone calls with the neighbour girls, you know the routine.

Haly

"Hey Rylai. So, uh, what are you wearing?"

Sanjay

I've already had a situation in HoN where me (and 3 other teammates) thought the game was lost (we had just gotten annihilated to a Forsaken Archer) but the last person (Thorinbei!) refused to concede, saying we still had a chance.

We actually won the game. I think that's the sort of stuff Valve might be trying to prevent right now. A 5/5 concede system would not be optimal considering the possible trolls, but I'd rather take that that no concede system at all.

Think having Thor on your team you'll always have a chance.

Oh man I just had the best game as Weaver I have had so far. I could've been around for more kills, but I was solo bot against a Broodmother/Sniper, so I needed to farm a little extra after laning phase ended.

Felt so good. :DD

Time to play Dazzle. U:

Haly

ixRlXD5urRtWJ.jpg

Why can't I hold all these activated abilities?

Oh man I just had the best game as Weaver I have had so far. I could've been around for more kills, but I was solo bot against a Broodmother/Sniper, so I needed to farm a little extra after laning phase ended.

Felt so good. :DD

Time to play Dazzle. U:

Oh man I just had the best game as Dazzle I have had so far.

SO GOOD this game.

n0b

Oh man I just had the best game as Dazzle I have had so far.

SO GOOD this game.

It was so great. They tried to go all tryhard push mode with broodmother, furion, and venomancer. Had a fail Shadow Fiend mid (I still have never seen a good pub shadow fiend) that lost to a Lina and fed their team the whole game, they got all 6 outer towers. Didn't matter because on top of dazzle I picked Dark Seer and another friend chose Earthshaker.

Oh you want to push? Illusion wall vacuum echo slam and then I run around at high speeds with ion shell mopping up the havoc.

Dark Seer is SO GOD DAMNED FUN. (And surge + shallow grave = LOL U MAD)

Spookie

REDEMPTION! Finally won a game. Nothing like stealing a gem off someone so they can no longer see our riki then letting him face roll the opposition to start the day off well. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom