• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be the only one that is relieved that the servers are coming down on time.

Dat valve time.

There isn't much you can do in that regard right now. The options that currently are don't do too much, and others aren't implemented yet (such as "Ambient Animals", which is the little squirrels and butterflies going across the lanes).

Thanks, I'm sure we'll see the full source options (like l4d2/tf2) eventually... hopefully...

Artanisix

Is it confirmed that the new replay system is coming after the servers come back up? Or is it coming with the patch coming this* week?

*never

JustinBB7

God I want "Meet The Hero" videos so badly. They said they would do that right? I remember reading that somewhere. I wonder how many heroes they will do, since it took like 5 years for 8 TF2 classes and the last one is still not out yet.

I really want Meet Pudge, Doom Bringer, Drow Ranger and Windrunner (because they are always fighting) and Spirit Breaker being in love with Death Prophet can be funny.

JustinBB7

Ah I found it:

Valve's series of "Meet the..." videos for Team Fortress 2 are some of the smartest, funniest clips this industry has ever seen. So it shouldn't surprise you that the company is looking at doing something similar for the upcoming DOTA 2.

"There are a lot of heroes in DOTA 2—105 so far, and we're gonna continue producing these videos. There's definitely something with this world," Valve's Erik Johnson told 1UP.

We got a look at something fancy with the game's first official trailer, released last month, but we're obviously going to be seeing a lot more of them in the months/years to come.

In addition to the videos, Johnson also said, "We definitely have stories that we're going to tell in DOTA, there's even a comic that's gonna be released", which shows Valve is deadly serious about its move into that medium following the recent reveal of its first compendium of in-house comics.

This was in september and we got the comic. I would really like to see more story and all the meet the heroes videos very much. Though I wonder if they will do all 105 (aren't there 109 now?)

Ah I found it:

This was in september and we got the comic. I would really like to see more story and all the meet the heroes videos very much. Though I wonder if they will do all 105 (aren't there 109 now?)

WHAT MAKES ME A HARD CARRY?

vqoQA.jpg

Guesong

I would assume if they did a Meet the Heroes series, they'd do it by bunch of 5-6 heroes, like a AMA you'd see on some professional sports teams.

In this case, the question would be "What does a hero truly needs?" everytime.

mask of madness is the only good answer

Uriah

Ah I found it:

Valve hasn't even finished meet the team. It would take 50 years to do all the DOTA 2 heroes.

Guesong

It says upcoming heroes.

All missing heroes are upcoming by definition ; could be they just wanted to show 3 beautiful pieces of artwork.

It's a big hint, sure, but I don't take it as absolute confirmation that those 3 are the next ones to be released.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Sylla is BADASS.

Lycan looks like a pixar villain.

SD looks great.

Rinku

Banned
Its concept progress artwork, not upcoming heroes.

But omgad they all look FREAKING awesome. I love syllabear, I love lycan, I love shadow demon!!! :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope it's not a big fat mexican that turns into 3 smaller mexicans.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Speaking of Lycan, why is he trash tier in HoN but god tier in Dota? I'm guessing that Lycan's wolves are stronger + Medallion of Courage makes soloing Rosh easy.

eldoon

Both are junglers and are hard carry / pushers / gankers
comparable to warbeast and wildsoul in hon
i cannot wait to play as lycan

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Augh, hope they dont get added forever like Bane. The fact that Anti Mage got nerfed in 6.73 and neither Lycan nor Syllabear got touched is a crime against balance and non pushing strats.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Oh man, that art looks so good. That Pixar talent is starting to leak out a bit, wit Lycan. Really curious to hear the VO for LD and SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom