• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meteorain

LYCAN IS OP BECUZ LYCAN IS KILJAEDN AND KILJAEDN AND ILLIDUN WAS BEST FRIENDS AND THEN ILLIDUN WAS LIKE KILJAEDN DO YOU LUV ME 4EVER :D? BUT KILJAEDN WUZ LIKE NO AND ILLIDUN RUN INTO FROCEN SRONE AND DIE TO ARTHAS AND KILJAEDN HOLD ILLIDUN CORPSE AND HE SAY: "NO, I MENT TO SAY I LUV U 5EVER!" LIKE DIS IF YOU CRY EVRY TIME.

Lol this killed me.

Back from holiday now to perform some euro-cleaves.

vinicius

Neo Member
Its just final rendered artwork :l

we thought we’d share with you the final concept designs for three upcoming heroes
Plus there were no heroes on the last two (three? not sure) weeks, it wouldn't be that odd to see them on the next patch. But Valve might be playing with our minds and next update none of them will appear.

Instead: NO NEW HEROES, JUST GABEN COURIER. HAVE FUN

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Well it's also nice to go to different games. I tried to play LoL but their installer is utterless crap with Pando Media, so I gave up on that.

You can uninstall Pando after you are done installing LoL, and it is made by a developer who doesn't hate their playerbase. :)

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
You can uninstall Pando after you are done installing LoL, and it is made by a developer who doesn't hate their playerbase. :)

Just by one who are more interested in making as much money as possible than making their game better.

Tenck

I tried to but it freezes up and I can never uninstall it. Will most likely have to do a brute force uninstall if the problem persists.

Neki

Just by one who are more interested in making as much money as possible than making their game better.

are we talking about Riot or S2? I can't tell. Looking at those gold/silver prices on HoN, it's hard to make a distinction.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Well they're both pretty bad, but at least HoN isn't missing features considered standard in the mid 90s. With HoN I get the feeling that S2 knows Dota is going to crush them, so they're just trying to make as much as possible before Dota goes open beta.

vinicius

Neo Member
Well they're both pretty bad, but at least HoN isn't missing features considered standard in the mid 90s. With HoN I get the feeling that S2 knows Dota is going to crush them, so they're just trying to make as much as possible before Dota goes open beta.
such as?

vinicius

Neo Member
Replays, Spectating, Voice Chat?
The last one don't make much difference. I don't really use dota2 voice chat, the volume is usually low and the quality ain't great. Btw, any console tips to increase it? Some time ago I was looking at the config.cfg and changed a few things but don't know what exactly worked.

JustinBB7

Did Tobi say LAN was the news he was waiting to tell? Seems kinda lackluster.

4:40 hours left. Wonder if the test client will be up as well after that. Hoping for some surprises. But again...not getting my hopes up or anything..

IceMarker

Don't do that to yourself. Game's awful.

1329232452142l7baw.gif

Coolhwip

Neo Member

releasing as many payable heroes/skins/couriers as possible and their CEO tells their customers to "come over with your gold coins".

I really hope S2 is gonna aim at realeasing new games rather than focusing a lot in HoN. The Savage games was pretty nice.

Just played HoN to have something to do, and it is so odd. Game ended in 27 minutes and it seemed really fast paced. I got all the recommended items (except the luxury items, but I got only one of those) pretty quick and I felt like I was doing terrible :x

I'd probably boot up hon again if they didn't have such a terrible f2p model, and actually had all the heroes unlocked.

I tried playing LoL as well and I can't stand the ingame store and not knowing who is good or bad anymore. If the balance is anything like when I left there were only 15-20 viable heroes at a time. It's amazing how easy it is to last hit in that game after playing dota2 for so long.

Neki

WRONG SD BRO I WAS TALKIN ABOUT SHADOW DEMON

But I do agree

ONCE SD COMES OUT, HE'LL TAKE ANTI-MAGE'S PLACE AS SCUM BAG HERO OF THE WEEK. FURION IS FINALLY FREE TO FROLIC IN THE FOREST AND NEVER LEAVE, ONLY LEAVING TO OCCASIONALLY TO DESTROY BUILDINGS AND THRONES.

the easiest heroes for a beginner? (still no key but just asking)

Lich, Skeleton King, and Tidehunter are all very simple characters to play and learn. Out of the three listed I would recommend Lich and focus on being a support (ie warding a ton and buying courier and support items) while learning the game. You will be a much better asset to the team as a beginner playing support then you would playing a Carry like Skeleton King and being useless and not properly farmed.

Dina

Replays, Spectating, Voice Chat?

Replays are in the HoN and you can spec one player. Granted, it doesn't have the nifty delay system and multiple player spec that Dota has, but then again Dota missed stuff (like pauze votes and a timer that counts it down).

vinicius

Neo Member
Want them to add -swap and a concede button.
Swap? Yes. Concede? Not so sure. If someone is delaying to finish a game that you can't absolutely win then I think it's OK to concede but otherwise I think you should keep going until you win/lose. But yesterday I was talking with my GF and she said something I agree: there should be a concede/surrender feature but not in everygame, it should be an option for someone who wants to join in a game with concede and someone else might want to join in a game without concede.

Lich, Skeleton King, and Tidehunter are all very simple characters to play and learn. Out of the three listed I would recommend Lich and focus on being a support (ie warding a ton and buying support items) while learning the game.

I agree with all of them but SK should go first. And you should also read the CAPSLOCK LEORIC guide.

Rinku

Banned
Venomancer.

I would say Lich is much easier, and definitely the easiest.

Reasons why:
1) His Dark Ritual grants him mana to cast spells, and automatically denies a creep.
2) Lich is played as a pure support, meaning you will not have to try to last hit your enemy creeps for gold. The two things you really need to do during the laning phase are: harassing enemies, and denying your own creeps.
3) The only items you really need to focus on are courier, wards, phase boots, mekansm, and after that probably a scepter. But wards are your key items.

Check www.playdota.com/learn too.

I have to admit, beginning players for Dota right now have it tough. I remember when I first started, Dota was still very very new, so people just picked any hero they wanted and had fun.

JustinBB7

the easiest heroes for a beginner? (still no key but just asking)

Skeleton King for sure, Sniper is really easy too and you (should) barely die since you're on a long distance most of the time.

Omniknight is a pretty easy support hero, but you need to know what to buy though and what your skills do exactly (though that counts for all heroes)

I agree with all of them but SK should go first. And you should also read the CAPSLOCK LEORIC guide.

i will have to disagree. although super easy to learn (which is why i even listed him), a newbie skeleton king is about as useless as you can be. Avoid being a Carry until you learn the game fully. Your team will thank you.

I would say Lich is much easier, and definitely the easiest.

Reasons why:
1) His Dark Ritual grants him mana to cast spells, and automatically denies a creep.
2) Lich is played as a pure support, meaning you will not have to try to last hit your enemy creeps for gold. The two things you really need to do during the laning phase are: harassing enemies, and denying your own creeps.
3) The only items you really need to focus on are courier, wards, phase boots, mekansm, and after that probably a scepter. But wards are your key items.

Check www.playdota.com/learn too.

I have to admit, beginning players for Dota right now have it tough. I remember when I first started, Dota was still very very new, so people just picked any hero they wanted and had fun.

^
this x1000

vinicius

Neo Member
Avoid being a Carry until you learn the game fully.

I agree. But a bad SK is still better than a bad ES/Omni/Venge or something that could ruin things for your team. Also its really a simple and straightforward hero that allows you to focus on your surrounding instead of trying to figure out your skillset and when to use something. Plus his ult.

xero273

The servers should be coming back up today, right? The blog said 24 hrs. Also, are we assuming when it comes up that big update will also be release or is that tomorrow?

Rinku

Banned
The servers should be coming back up today, right? The blog said 24 hrs. Also, are we assuming when it comes up that big update will also be release or is that tomorrow?

The servers should be up right now.

Tomorrow evening time is the expected date for the mega patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom