• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else having trouble finding servers right now? I tried queuing with a few people and it found a match, but since then we've been "Finding Server" (few minutes already)

We're on Europe.

Europe is down. Sad thing that there's official Dota 2 account on Twitter, but they can't bother to make any announcements beside reposting official blognotes.

I love Singsing so much.

"Look at this fucker! Look at this motherfucker! Look at this smug motherfucker! I'm going to kill him! Oh fuck he's too smart for me. I don't want to play this game anymore."

LukeSmith

I love Singsing so much.

"Look at this fucker! Look at this motherfucker! Look at this smug motherfucker! I'm going to kill him! Oh fuck he's too smart for me. I don't want to play this game anymore."

When Sing is playing with mouz and streaming, it's the best gaming podcast on the Internet.

dorkimoe

Sing Sing most over rated streamer. Tried watching his stream, novelty wore off super quick. He's like a poor man's MoonMeander

speaking of, i wish he would stream more dota 2

singsing 698 wins. I dont think ill ever come near that even if i play the next 10 years

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Sing Sing most over rated streamer. Tried watching his stream, novelty wore off super quick. He's like a poor man's MoonMeander

MoonMeander went to shit as he got more popular, still entertaining but it's not as good.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Is anyone perhaps interested to play with a total noob one of these days? I got the basics down but barely put any real playtime in

BeesEight

I'm not a fan of SingSing either. He has his moments, but for the most part I just find him grating.

Personally, I like watching Link's stream whenever it's on.

Sibylus

Banned
So a random thought crossed my brain today, Chilling Touch and Howl. Seems like a sizable chunk of team DPS, yes/no?

Put my tangos on Brewmaster.

Dina

So people are dumb if they find something funny that you don't?

Wait, so he's dumb because he doesn't take things as seriously as you do?

Gonna have to explain that one, bub.

I'm not saying that people that find Sing Sing are dumb, I'm saying that Sing Sing says dumb stuff. I don't find that funny at all, I find it ignorant, stupid, etc.

That on top of his horrible Dutch-English accent. "What do? what do?" GTFO.

If I learned anything from watching the most popular LoL streamers, you don't watch them for intelligent discourse. You watch them for the Big Plays and the trolling.

I suppose so. I should say that I never found MoonMeander all that funny either, or JiggleBilly. I prefer streams with big plays but without the incessant shouting, trolling, whining, etc. This mostly comes down to watching streams without people saying something, although I found Korok to be a breath of frest air when I was still watching Hon.

I'm not saying that people that find Sing Sing are dumb, I'm saying that Sing Sing says dumb stuff. I don't find that funny at all, I find it ignorant, stupid, etc.

That on top of his horrible Dutch-English accent. "What do? what do?" GTFO.

So, the answer is, yes, you think he's dumb because he doesn't take things as seriously as you do. Gotcha.

dorkimoe

I was just getting ready to ask what it would be like to have dendi pop up on your team in a solo queue

jIsvDJR6yJmla.JPG

Dina

So, the answer is, yes, you think he's dumb because he doesn't take things as seriously as you do. Gotcha.

Not really. I don't find what he does funny. It has nothing to do with taking it seriously. They're not two sides of the same coin, they're two different coins altogether.

Take Korok, he had non-serious games, but what he said was actually funny, smart etc. SingSing wouldn't know funny even if he was being fountaindived by it.

Not really. I don't find what he does funny. It has nothing to do with taking it seriously. They're not two sides of the same coin, they're two different coins altogether.

No, no, it's okay, you don't need to change what you were saying now. I understand. He's "dumb" because you don't like him. That's fine.

HenryHSH

Togglesworlh said:
Wait, so he's dumb because he doesn't take things as seriously as you do?

Gonna have to explain that one, bub.

Togglesworlh said:

No, no, it's okay, you don't need to change what you were saying now. I understand. He's "dumb" because you don't like him. That's fine.

Uh... Do you have comprehension issues?

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'm having a tough go with this game. I'm 5 matches in and feel compelled to profusely apologize to my team for my shoddy play.

Low Tier
I'm having a tough go with this game. I'm 5 matches in and feel compelled to profusely apologize to my team for my shoddy play.

You'll be like that for the next 50~ matches. Then you'll be kinda meh, in a dead-zone for another 300 games. Then you can start calling out your teammates for playing like shit. It's a hierarchy.

Risible

I am approximately 60 matches in and just barely feel like I carry my own weight. Don't feel bad...just let people know you're new and most people will understand. They might not be happy, but they'll understand.

A lot of people will even give you advice. If they do, be sure to commend them (click their name on scoreboard, click on "Commend").

Check out the Dota Cinema channel on Youtube for lots of great advice videos.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
You'll be like that for the next 50~ matches. Then you'll be kinda meh, in a dead-zone for another 300 games. Then you can start calling out your teammates for playing like shit. It's a hierarchy.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I feel bad for a good friend of mine who was excited to have me play. He used to win a majority of his matches, but since taking me on we lose by 20 kills. We play at my house and he constantly looks over at my screen and is like "where the fuck are your treads?!" and all my concentration is focused on trying to last-hit.

LukeSmith

Yeah, I guess you're right. I feel bad for a good friend of mine who was excited to have me play. He used to win a majority of his matches, but since taking me on we lose by 20 kills. We play at my house and he constantly looks over at my screen and is like "where the fuck are your treads?!" and all my concentration is focused on saving for wards.

fixed

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I'd be more than happy to shell out for wards for the greater good, and at the very least I do know where to place them.

I really wish I could make a smurf account so I could play with my friends who are new to dota. Whenever we queue together we just get into higher tier games and he gets reamed.

The downside would be people stomping noobs in lower tier games.

Hopefully that coaching feature will be comprehensive. I should be able to write all over his screen and circle things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom