• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread: [Brewmaster]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risible

Haven't played in the gaf salthouse but looks like the name appropriate.

Oh, it is. Made that mistake once, never again. :)

It's funny - I encountered more salt in the GAF and RedditNoobs in-houses than in any pub game I played. It was especially ironic in the Redditnoobs in-house because, hey, it's right there in the name. Apparently not for noobs, though.

Oh, it is. Made that mistake once, never again. :)

It's funny - I encountered more salt in the GAF and RedditNoobs in-houses than in any pub game I played. It was especially ironic in the Redditnoobs in-house because, hey, it's right there in the name. Apparently not for noobs, though.

Yea, one GAF in-house was enough for me.

Guesong

Eh nonsense. An inhouse is only salty when a naturally salt-prone player is there.

There's not alot of them, and you just have to take them a bit less seriously!

It's no big deal, really. You won't survive in the world of DotA2 if you take it too seriously! Learn to stop caring when salt comes and keep enjoying the game!

I mean, I understand, I started there too. But you guys being all like "Screw inhouses, bunch of tryharding salty nerds, I don't like those guys!" are only so because you got salty as well, but you probably were bad as well, new game and all. So the salt is multiplied!

But, if you were impervious to it, it wouldn't matter! It's just something you have to develop and accept in the world of DotA. So next time there's an inhouse up, join the fray and if salt is had, well who the fuck cares really.

Eh nonsense. An inhouse is only salty when a naturally salt-prone player is there.

It's no big deal, really. You won't survive in the world of DotA2 if you take it too seriously! Learn to stop caring when salt comes and keep enjoying the game!

I mean, I understand, I started there too. But you guys being all like "Screw inhouses, bunch of tryharding salty nerds, I don't like those guys!" are only so because you got salty as well, but you probably were bad as well, new game and all. So the salt is multiplied!

But, if you were impervious to it, it wouldn't matter! It's just something you have to develop and accept in the world of DotA. So next time there's an inhouse up, join the fray and if salt is had, well who the fuck cares really.

I kinda think this is a terrible post

I've been playing dota since 2004, the usual DotA "banter" doesn't bug me, I just ignore/report. The two times I did a GAF IH I wasn't familiar with who was good, and who was newish and the teams ended up being ridiculously skill stacked. (I was on both sides of it) Wasn't fun at all.

Guesong

I kinda think this is a terrible post

I'm speaking from my experience from HonGAF, starting last summer, to now. Ask them, me having this speech would be preposterous a few months back.

But hey, if you want to keep on salting and tell people they post terrible things without so much as saying why, go right ahead.

I've been playing dota since 2004, the usual DotA "banter" doesn't bug me, I just ignore/report. The two times I did a GAF IH I wasn't familiar with who was good, and who was newish and the teams ended up being ridiculously skill stacked. (I was on both sides of it) Wasn't fun at all.

Oh, Stackhouses are a problem by themselves, I agree completely. I thought we were talking about saltiness in them though.

75% of the time when I play ih, people just build dagons and midas'. I barely ever see tryhards >_>.

I'm speaking from my experience from HonGAF, starting last summer, to now. Ask them, me having this speech would be preposterous a few months back.

But hey, if you want to keep on salting and tell people they post terrible things without so much as saying why, go right ahead.

Your asking people to take it less seriously because others take it seriously enough to rage at you maybe your post should be aimed at them instead. If you can't not be an asshole long enough to play a game with fellow community members perhaps you shouldn't.

Guesong

Your asking people to take it less seriously because others take it seriously enough to rage at you maybe your post should be aimed at them instead. If you can't not be an asshole long enough to play a game with fellow community members perhaps you shouldn't.

Point granted.

I'm not asking people to do so, I'm just suggesting it. You can't control what other members will do, or their attitude ; you can, however, control yours. (not you specifically). The goal of this exercice is to make your DotA2 experience better for you, so we have to aim at what you can control yourself.

So, salt-prone people should really be mannered enough to salt less in Inhouses at the very least, I agree with you. But every player can also benefit of taking whatever salt - be it in Inhouses or pub matches - less seriously as to not ruin their own enjoyment of the game.

But that's just my own take based on my own experience. Make of that what you will :)

Point granted.

I'm not asking people to do so, I'm just suggesting it. You can't control what other members will do, or their attitude ; you can, however, control yours. (not you specifically). The goal of this exercice is to make your DotA2 experience better for you, so we have to aim at what you can control yourself.

So, salt-prone people should really be mannered enough to salt less in Inhouses at the very least, I agree with you. But every player can also benefit of taking whatever salt - be it in Inhouses or pub matches - less seriously as to not ruin their own enjoyment of the game.

But that's just my own take based on my own experience. Make of that what you will :)

Suggesting
or asking doesn't change a thing about my post. I'm glad you agree, would you also agree that not playing GAF salthouses is something one can control in order to make somones dota 2 experience better if they feel they don't wan't to put up with the salt?

Guesong

Suggesting
or asking doesn't change a thing about my post. I'm glad you agree, would you also agree that not playing GAF salthouses is something one can control in order to make somones dota 2 experience better if they feel they don't wan't to put up with the salt?

Yes, but then you miss out on alot of fun! There's great people in this community that play in inhouses and are just awesome people to hang with in general. Why let some rare salt events spoil that for you?

Sanjay

No idea I don't have Dota 2 yet I just thought Guesongs response to RadicalRad and Risible was not really cool basically telling them to suck it up and deal with the abuse.

RadicalRad and Risible getting abuse from gaf inhouse players? Shame on you SHAME, come on guys name your bully's.

Guesong

No idea I don't have Dota 2 yet I just thought Guesongs response to RadicalRad and Risible was not really cool basically telling them to suck it up and deal with the abuse.

HoNGAF, we have come full circle here.

Have I really turned into that.

This is not the message I wanted to convey. You can put it in a bad light if you want. I'm just suggesting that people don't let some very few events of saltiness - in a game where saltiness is an inevitable thing - ruins a whole community filled with friendly guys who will jump on the occasion to help you and share a laugh.

I'll drop the issue since you just said you don't have DotA2 yet. But when you do, please do come into inhouses, and see for yourself.

Sanic

Can anyone recommend a good build for Shadow Shaman? This is coming from someone who's still very new to the game, but i'm so far fairly comfortable with him. Haven't played him on pub games, though.

Can anyone recommend a good build for Shadow Shaman? This is coming from someone who's still very new to the game, but i'm so far fairly comfortable with him. Haven't played him on pub games, though.

I like getting aghs first on him.

Arcane Boots/Aghs.

If you go mid and are doing well, people get blink dagger on him to help gank with him.

As far as skills, I like to max Q first, then w, then e. Though if they have some wierd team build with no stuns or interrupts, and you have someone like life stealer or ursa on your team, it might be better to skill up e or w over q first. He's very flexible in his build.

You play him like a pusher, use his wards to kill towers. Wards are wasted on ganks, good on team fights though. Not saying you shouldn't ward in ganks, but if your gank is going good, no reason to pop wards. Best to save them for pushes.

RadicalRad and Risible getting abuse from gaf inhouse players? Shame on you SHAME, come on guys name your bully's.

Oh, I didn't get bullied by anyone. Just the ridiculous skill stack is what bugged me. I suppose me quoting Risible inferred I had gotten sodium all over me in a GAF IH; that wasn't the case. My bad.

I'll give the GAF IH a try again though, maybe I was just unlucky?

dorkimoe

does the direct video game capture on xsplit actually make much of a difference? i really want to stream, but i get a little framerate issue with xsplit, and i would pay the 39$ for 2 years if its guaranteed not to be all laggy with the direct video thingy.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
They removed all the decent audio settings so it's probably worth paying for those alone.

dorkimoe

They removed all the decent audio settings so it's probably worth paying for those alone.

i just need it to stop my lag :(

i mean i guess if it doesnt fix it, i can give my account to you or someone else

I meet the internet requirements, I have an i7 with 8 gigs of ram so thats not the issue, its just some setting

Sanjay

Oh, I didn't get bullied by anyone. Just the ridiculous skill stack is what bugged me. I suppose me quoting Risible inferred I had gotten sodium all over me in a GAF IH; that wasn't the case. My bad.

Just so you know, there is no balancing, people just sit down on either side and we start the game and if its a stomp we move onto the next game, by law of average your going to get a few good games and some bad, just like playing with pubs but this way you get to grow a community.

People do fantasy builds on their heroes, it's a good way to try out heroes and have fun, that's how I look at it. I mean you have to be realistic, with so many people its hard to even teams right now. Once the game does come out, IH games will get better balance wise.

Sanic

I like getting aghs first on him.

Arcane Boots/Aghs.

If you go mid and are doing well, people get blink dagger on him to help gank with him.

As far as skills, I like to max Q first, then w, then e. Though if they have some wierd team build with no stuns or interrupts, and you have someone like life stealer or ursa on your team, it might be better to skill up e or w over q first. He's very flexible in his build.

You play him like a pusher, use his wards to kill towers. Wards are wasted on ganks, good on team fights though. Not saying you shouldn't ward in ganks, but if your gank is going good, no reason to pop wards. Best to save them for pushes.

Thanks!

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut

na dota st(e)ackhouse is always stacked. needs some hongaf bokr balancing

Finalow

You should write to SingSing and tell them you could do a better job.
this is what he said.

sing_sing: playing like shit early game

» trying to pull back game in mid game

» but everyone dying to the aa i fed

» then game no go

I will wait for another loss then I'll ask if I can take the place of bamboe.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I only get midas when i'm super serious about getting 500+ GPM.

It doesn't always work though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom