• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Beta Thread V: Real Talk Strikes Back [Tutorials]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artanisix

icLyPHAnA2q34.png

Developer: Valve
Platform: PC
Genre: MOBA (Dota?) [same genre as League of Legends or Heroes of Newerth]
Join: The "Neogaf" channel in-game to play with other Gaffers, the mumble server to talk to some of Dota GAF.
Warning: If you are new to this game, be careful – you WILL suck. This is not Team Fortress 2. The barrier to competence is long and frustrating. There’s a lot of information to absorb, a significant amount of it unintuitive. But we're here to help!
Updates: Updates to the game occur every Wednesday at approx. 5pm PST, patched to the Test Server. This is then patched over to the actual game on Thursday.

Tex5b.png

3LdFgXd.png
LZx9IOL.png

m3LTLaE.png

RJMMTzS.png

e0NGt4M.png

jkbmwys.png

YHqN1Yj.png
MNuTSuU.png

uMeUJ.png

The following list is only an approximation of what role each hero fulfills. Every hero can be played in a wide variety of ways. The meta is always evolving and innovation is the greatest strength you can have.
If you are new and interested in learning how to play a hero, use the guide resource hub up above to look up what skills to level, what items to purchase, and what role to play.

T54u30A.gif
wQExle9.png

TpoX2ye.png
HkZQOp7.png

QzbqPj0.png
dMVPy4a.png

JHj3wxs.png
HeDhYht.png

qMw4ydP.gif
5pZLf6Q.png

FZhwpI0.png
IXmarNJ.png

ygvsDaB.gif
9W9QIWv.png

IifrwwM.gif
lBU90ez.png

qRSp0LM.gif
B3zECLa.png

VClbY6C.gif
MNHi6KE.png

3LdFgXd.png
AzZhATH.png

~

WALL OF SHAME
rnRQavt.png

~

BGtAmwG.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The image formatting is kind of ruined when browsing at above 100% zoom.

Also I need to fix that god awful banner.

mkenyon

Banned
I've recently discovered that I will be receiving parts back for a high end ITX gaming build. I wrote them off as long gone.

Thinking about doing a DotaGAF mod. Need someone to do graphics for etching/cutting.

Sibylus

Banned
I've recently discovered that I will be receiving parts back for a high end ITX gaming build. I wrote them off as long gone.

Thinking about doing a DotaGAF mod. Need someone to do graphics for etching/cutting.
Do a relief, etched into the side: every single Dota hero ever.

Haly

lol @ my post count dropping every thread

Spookie

Oh Chair.

Also I have a job so I still don't get on to the hall of shame hurrar!

In other news mumble is dead. :(

Leaving my mark!

edit: damn I'm slipping in standings. Time to make some predictions before this thread is over:

1. Dota 2 will not be released by the time this OT closes.
2. Troll Warlord will be in cm.
3. Troll Warlord will be nerfed.
4. Dues & 1.09 will still be low tier.
5. EG will shift team members (again).
6. A Chinese team will win TI3.
7. Kunkka will be the next hot and upcoming carry.

shira

I'm new to the game where can I get a key for me and my friends?
it's not obvious enough in the OP

Procarbine

Forever Platinum

Phandy is pretty good at art stuff

Sibylus

Banned
Elder Titan will see play in wombo combo teams. Magnus, Earthshaker, Sand King, Enigma, Dark Seer... Book it.

I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow. Looking forward to being high out of my mind on painpills and playing Dota all weekend.
WE IN THERE.

Haly

Once we get banished to Community, sometime in 2015 next year, we'll need to find new ways of getting members.

I propose threads for major patches and tournaments.

mkenyon

Banned
I'm getting my wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow. Looking forward to being high out of my mind on painpills and playing Dota all weekend.
WE IN THERE.
I think you are underestimating how fucked up you are going to be, just from pain in general.

n0b

All aboard the TI3 hype train!

Pff, like this topic will last till TI3. G-1 league/TI3 qualifiers hype train!

I think the most interesting thing will be to see how new Empire will perform because they are the biggest roster change in a while.

I am hoping the metagame will shuffle a bit with all of the new additions to CM and hopefully ET soon.

wildfire

Banned
So how does one apply for the Western Qualifier, or is it just Valve hasn't published anything besides the time of when its going to happen and the fact that Godz is casting it?

People honestly still think PL is too powerful?

So how does one apply for the Western Qualifier, or is it just Valve hasn't published anything besides the time of when its going to happen and the fact that Godz is casting it?

You get invited to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom