• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Boston Major (December 3-10) Final Battle before the New Journey

xanavi

http://www.dota2.com/700

15 HOURS
SwiftRage.png

Patch 7.0? Does this mean Dota 2 will finally be finished? Because i wanted it to leave early access before i tried it.

hell naw.

That said, i really hope they've redesigned the in-game UI. I've been bitching about it for 3 years now. Too big, too much wasted space, too much inefficiency.

That's the biggest thing I want. Along with a couple of new models for certain heroes, some new items (particularly less expensive items for supports) and the usual re-balancing act.

I started with getting a dota 2 beta key.

+1

Traded a Bill's Hat for one. I think I got my monies worth.

Anno

I got into Dota because of a thread on GAF about MLG Columbus 2013 and how amazing it was. Hard to believe it's been three years. I'm still rubbish at the game but love in nonetheless. Hyped to see what happens now that we're at a full .00 rev.

SaniOYOYOY

Started in 6.48

dota2 in a way really is different compared to wc3 dota allstar,and now we will have literal new hero since earth spirit :D god I remember owning pub hard in the first week when phoenix was released.

mained spectre (78% wr) tho hes kinda shit now.. patch him back into the avatar of vengeance please mr frog!!

Lotto

Started when it was announced at Gamescon TI1 in 2011. Stayed up all night watching the reveal. Hope to be watching this game for years to come
cause i sure as hell can't play it.

Bad7667

God I can't wait. I remember I got a couple beta keys and ended up trying it because I love Valve as a developer and pretty much every game they make.

Anyway, I had no clue what a MOBA was and I just jumped right into a match. That was a mistake. I made 3 people rage quit and was told repeatedly to kill myself. I told myself and all my friends that Dota 2 would be one Valve game I didn't play.

That was years 4 years ago and I don't think I was more wrong about a game ever. Its not only become my most played game ever but Dota 2 has become my favourite game ever.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Started when a friend who no longer plays gave me a beta key to play with him. Thought the game was kinda crappy at first coming from LoL but about a dozen matches in and a switch flipped. I was obsessed after that. Had a 1 week vacay right around that time filled with plans but I ended up spending about 12-14 hours a day just playing Dota and watching Purge vids. Stuff like heroes talking when you pick up a certain item was pure cocaine to me.

shira

VODS

PGL's Youtube
has all the English skits and interviews from Slacks and Valve

Missed any games?

1- A spoiler-free subreddit with VOD links to all games and series
2- Reddit Highlights 5-15 minute youtube videos recapping games (mobile friendly)
3- Full-day Twitch VOD's full day broadcast ~10-12 hours (**not mobile friendly**)
4- Single Match Youtube VOD's each game is available for individual viewing ~30-80 minutes (mobile friendly)
5 - Download the games free in the free Dota 2 client for full access to each player's perspective and free camera views (Caster audio may be glitched)

Recommended Highlights:
Day 1
Newbee vs VP
NP vs Newbee
Day 3
VP vs iGV
Day 4
Ehome vs NP 1 2 3
Newbee vs AF 1 2 3
Day 5 Highlights (working)
EG vs VP 1 2
Day 6