• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA 2 Kiev Major (April 24-30) April liars bring May pyres

Twookie

I need to watch the VOD for this. When I went out with my dog they were losing horribly!

My BP prediction was correct once again!

what a fantastic event this was, so many good games!

Radec

That's almost some TI3 shit!

Grats OG. They are op on majors.

I wonder if a Blademail would have made a difference for LC.

But that first mistake from vp really turned the game around.

Ana MVP for me for game 5. He was shut down completely, Ench creeps were in his lane, he had like half the CS of the OD but he never really fell behind in farm even when OG was behind 3-18. No idea how he does it.

Amazing series. So tense. I was riveted. Wonderful plays by all.

I really love VP's early aggression, but I felt as if they just went as 5 once they had an advantage and that was it, which was immensely disappointing to me. And OG winning without an illusion hero is also sweet. They get a lot of shit on reddit for that playstyle, but they proved they're more versatile than that, and that they're also frighteningly good at keeping their cool and fighting from behind. Two of their three wins in this series was from a very rough start - 17k at the first game, and 10k at the second game. These aren't situations you just casually return from.

Ana... man, what a player. He may not be the best at the laning stage, but fortunately a game of dota doesn't end at minute 10, and this guy's recovery is just out of this world. N0tail is the most unique carry I know in how much of a team player he is. s4 creatures beautiful chaos, JerAx always provides the most ballsy plays, and Fly somehow impresses as a friggin' position 5. How do you do that?

I had a great time. Thanks to all of the players, and kudos to all of the teams for being so good.

Twookie

Not any boothcam reactions from the finals teams at the end this time?

that sucks :&

What's this about?

He was pretty mad about OG winning in Boston IIRC, complained a lot about map movements, or making moves in the enemy jungle without vision and things like that.

If he's talking about what I'm thinking about it's probably this

krishian

He was pretty mad about OG winning in Boston IIRC, complained a lot about map movements, or making moves in the enemy jungle without vision and things like that.

If he's talking about what I'm thinking about it's probably this
Yep, he was complaing about OG and AF not understanding anything about the game.

I almost started crying blood, I was facepalming for the entirety of the finals, especially the third map. The level of execution — equals StarLadder Pro Series.

Interview

M.D

OG has now won the Eaglesong, Reaver and Mystic Staff

If they win TI this year they will conquer everything Dota has to offer

I argue they are the best team in the history of the game right now, but that would pretty much make it undeniable and is something no team realistically has the chance to replicate

kasane

OG has now won the Eaglesong, Reaver and Mystic Staff

If they win TI this year they will conquer everything Dota has to offer

I argue they are the best team in the history of the game right now, but that would pretty much make it undeniable and is something no team realistically has the chance to replicate
They werent better than 09-10 ehome..

Funilly enough those guys also choked on the first ever TI

Soule

Hope OG can get top 10 TI this time, where the big players come with their game.
It really is such an elusive tournament for OG especially for fly and notail. For them to perform well there would be the icing on the cake. They're obviously one of the great Dota teams now with their domination of the majors but their results at TI really casts a shadow over them and I feel is the main reason they don't seem to get there respect they deserve sometimes. Amazing feat either way, I'll be cheering for them at TI

shira

Next patch with new item created from those items, chance to spawn illusion on attack OSFrog

C-sN8C8WsAIANlp.jpg

Damn they got the whole set

Apparently the socialites on Reddit took great issue with the "Girls of Kiev" segment PGL did. I'm beginning to hate the words "cringe" and "cringey".

aeolist

Banned
so what gets nerfed?

treant and warlock probably. TB, ogre, ursa, and CM have really good winrates with lots of games played.

shira

so what gets nerfed?

treant and warlock probably. TB, ogre, ursa, and CM have really good winrates with lots of games played.

- Heroes missing Immortal items:
STR (9) doom, beastmaster, treant, io, eldertitan, lifestealer, lycan, chaos knight, underlord
AGI (8) naga siren, troll warlord, monkey king, viper, clinkz, broodmother, terrorblade, arc warden
INT (9) jakiro, chen, kotl, oracle, techies, dark seer, batrider, shadow demon, winter wyvern

Several of these 26 are going to get buffed - especially the ones with water themes. I'm guessing Naga.

Qvoth

went to sleep cuz it's getting too late, i legit though vp will take it 3-1
crazy comeback from og, speaks volumes about their mental strength
clear favorites going to TI no doubt, but i have a feeling they won't be the champion

Top Bottom