• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 |OT| To Hell and Back and Back to Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
New on my list of things to hate about Dota: people who don't say a word all game and them complain about a lack of teamwork

On an unrelated note

FUCK

THIS

AQyU975.png

We started pushing hard at minute five. We had all of their T2s down at minute twenty. We had two rax down at minute thirty. But because we didn't dedicate three of our heroes to constantly sitting in their jungle babyganking PL (which would have meant we couldn't push in so hard) the magic win switch turned on and it was another half hour of literally fighting against the tide. We were as aggressive as its basically possible to get and it still wasn't fucking fast enough.

Also their first two picks were BH and PL so we had no chance to snatch BH from the pool for use against him.

ElyrionX

Been playing Storn Spirit and I intend to pick him up but I'm having trouble understanding his role and utility in a team. Is he a ganker or a semi- or hard-carry? I see in the September competitive hero tier list that he is picked or banned more than the average hero. But how is he played in those games?

Finally, in most cases, is the Bloodstone rush the most effective item build for him?

Calidor

So Eg lost a tournament final to Rtz, egm and couple of pubstars that were put together a week ago... Wow, that must be a new low

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope the database errors wipe this thread from the internet.

Duesy

Been playing Storn Spirit and I intend to pick him up but I'm having trouble understanding his role and utility in a team. Is he a ganker or a semi- or hard-carry? I see in the September competitive hero tier list that he is picked or banned more than the average hero. But how is he played in those games?

Finally, in most cases, is the Bloodstone rush the most effective item build for him?

He is a ganker/semi-carry. He can carry provided he gets far enough ahead. The most popular build that you will see in competitive games is usually picking up an orchid first, then moving on to either BKB, Linkens, Bloodstone, or Sheep depending on what you need/your preferences.

You usually don't pick up bloodstone unless you are just absolutely crushing and know that you will be able to use it to its fullest extent.

Orchid allows you to solo kill pretty much anyone that is caught out alone, which is what storm excels at.

ElyrionX

He is a ganker/semi-carry. He can carry provided he gets far enough ahead. The most popular build that you will see in competitive games is usually picking up an orchid first, then moving on to either BKB, Linkens, Bloodstone, or Sheep depending on what you need/your preferences.

You usually don't pick up bloodstone unless you are just absolutely crushing and know that you will be able to use it to its fullest extent.

Orchid allows you to solo kill pretty much anyone that is caught out alone, which is what storm excels at.

Thanks. I have been picking up Orchid first but after reading some guides and discussions, I had thought Bloodstone rush might provide for better snowball potential.

I just played a game where someone on my team called gg 5 mins in when the score was 0-0. We even got first blood. The thing that pisses me off is rather take their fucking abandon, they milled around doing nothing, circling close enough to fights and creep wave pushes to sponge in enough exp and avoid the abandon they rightfully deserve. People like that ruin this game.

Edit: Here's the matchID: http://dotabuff.com/matches/336244757

It was Huskar who quit 5 mins in, called GG, earned that Shadow Blade through passive gold and the occasional killsteal. I was Venomancer, tried to build semi-carry, didn't make enough of a difference.

Dota profile may be private but his Steam profile isn't.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/toast_e/

Hylian7

In the off chance we can actually talk about Dota in here, what kind of GPM should I have as Lone Druid in general? This was a game we won and my GPM was only the second highest on our team below our Sniper.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/336400813

And yes, I'll upload a video of this game to YouTube. You will see what happened with the Axe. It was...interesting. Also Shadow Blade Pudge is a really shitty way to play Pudge.

Karakand

I just played a game where someone on my team called gg 5 mins in when the score was 0-0. We even got first blood. The thing that pisses me off is rather take their fucking abandon, they milled around doing nothing, circling close enough to fights and creep wave pushes to sponge in enough exp and avoid the abandon they rightfully deserve. People like that ruin this game.

Edit: Here's the matchID: http://dotabuff.com/matches/336244757

It was Huskar who quit 5 mins in, called GG, earned that Shadow Blade through passive gold and the occasional killsteal. I was Venomancer, tried to build semi-carry, didn't make enough of a difference.

Dota profile may be private but his Steam profile isn't.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/toast_e/

sunshine in a bag indeed

a garbage bag

I have been hit with the fact again that early morning/late night is the most absolutely awful time to play Dota. I should just slap myself if I think about playing around this time ever again.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I have been hit with the fact again that early morning/late night is the most absolutely awful time to play Dota. I should just slap myself if I think about playing around this time ever again.

I don't really have any issues late at night, but morning is definitely terrible. Frankly any time during the day on weekdays seems to always be terrible for me. I've got a couple weeks before I start work and so I've been playing a lot during the day, but it's really not worth the frustration.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Tiny
Meepo
Doom, if you've got retardo farm
Earthshaker
Gyro
Invoker
Pugna - one of the best IMO. 0 cooldown life drain makes you an absolute menace
Razor
Silencer
Warlock