• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dota 2 Reborn beta thread | Custom games and Source 2

IcyStorm

So... I have some questions. Currently I dont have Dota 2 installed on my pc but Im pretty sure Im going to do it for TI5 knowing that trying to watch games on populated Twitch streams is going to be an awful experience. They (Valve) said that in theory Dota Reborn should work better than vanilla Dota 2 on old notebooks.

So, is Dota Reborn my best option ? Does it work as they said ? Any known problems when using it to watch games ?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

The Reborn client can only watch games being played on the Reborn client... so I don't think you'll be able to watch TI5 through the Reborn client. You could try YouTube since they'll be streaming it there.

Anno

So... I have some questions. Currently I dont have Dota 2 installed on my pc but Im pretty sure Im going to do it for TI5 knowing that trying to watch games on populated Twitch streams is going to be an awful experience. They (Valve) said that in theory Dota Reborn should work better than vanilla Dota 2 on old notebooks.

So, is Dota Reborn my best option ? Does it work as they said ? Any known problems when using it to watch games ?

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Sorry, can't answer your actual question because I don't have the beta installed on this computer yet. Just wanted to point out that Valve recently launched a beta version of their own web-based DotaTV streaming client. Give it a look sometime, it has some pretty cool game integration and has built in DVR. Right now it's just a bunch of low-population streamers but should have all the TI matches starting this Sunday. Might be a good way to avoid both Twitch and either of the game clients on an older notebook.

monocromo

The Reborn client can only watch games being played on the Reborn client... so I don't think you'll be able to watch TI5 through the Reborn client. You could try YouTube since they'll be streaming it there.

Sorry, can't answer your actual question because I don't have the beta installed on this computer yet. Just wanted to point out that Valve recently launched a beta version of their own web-based DotaTV streaming client. Give it a look sometime, it has some pretty cool game integration and has built in DVR. Right now it's just a bunch of low-population streamers but should have all the TI matches starting this Sunday. Might be a good way to avoid both Twitch and either of the game clients on an older notebook.

Thanks for the replies !

Didnt know about the only Reborn games policy when watching from the new client :/

Going to check that web based Dota TV stream to see how it works but I think im going to reinstall Dota in time for the tournament then. It may look and run awful but I managed to play more than 3k hrs like that :p . Sadly I cant rely on hoping the streams will work correctly when most streaming services suck hard in my country.

Zeknurn

They announced during the All-stars match yesterday that Reborn will get support for 24 players in custom games next week.

Soule

I wonder when this becomes the main client? From memory they were talking about how it'll happen after TI but never specified a window besides that and it still feels like there's a lot to work out in the client but it's coming along well. I feel like it could still be quite some time before it's out of beta.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wonder when this becomes the main client? From memory they were talking about how it'll happen after TI but never specified a window besides that and it still feels like there's a lot to work out in the client but it's coming along well. I feel like it could still be quite some time before it's out of beta.

Between now and Half-Life 3.

The new update speeding up hero loading is a gamechanger for me. Source 1 Dota 2 would lag for least 3 seconds after everyone leads up their hero. Until this update, Reborn did this as well. Makes last minute picks of heroes a more feasible endeavor now.

Took them a while to put up the blog post lol

http://blog.dota2.com/2015/09/reborn-has-arrived/

As of yesterday, all Dota 2 players are now running the Reborn update, which includes the Source 2 engine, a rebuilt UI, and Custom Games. Over the coming weeks we’ll be updating the game frequently to fix issues and refine the experience based on your feedback. You’ll be able to find patch notes in the usual place once again.

In today’s update we’ve included a design-related change to the Dashboard. We’ve integrated the friends list in the Home screen, while still having it be available globally. We debated making this change during the earlier part of the beta, but we didn’t have enough confidence that it was correct until we got more feedback following yesterday’s release.

Click here to read up on all the other fixes and improvements that are part of this update.

will put this in the OP and that's that then

Top Bottom