• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dr. Dre to Release New Album as 'Straight Outta Compton' Soundtrack

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
Satisfiction on third listen...lawdy

tumblr_lugb55FlLA1qbq7ok.gif

Cudder

This should be up on iTunes in 15 minutes right? iTunes usually unlocks new albums at 11pm EST on Monday for a Tuesday release.

Best beat on the album was One Shot One Kill; it's just unfortunate it was wasted on Dre's attempts to bring back gangsta rap. Kendrick's stuff was solid of course, but Animals is probably the best track lyrically.

steveovig

I was all set to buy this but after previewing the tracks, I'm not sure anymore. None of it really impressed me (albeit, just going by the previews, I didn't hear any Kendrick or Em verses from that). I might buy the Snoop songs just because he sounds like he brought his A game for once.

JCreasy

If this album isn't exciting to you . . . I dunno. We can't kick it.

I mean, just musically.

Haven't enjoyed west coast rap like this in a loooong time.

burgervan

First listen I enjoyed it, but it didn't blow me away. Relistening now and I'm liking it a lot more. Maybe it's a grower. The only songs I'm really not feeling are Talk About It, Issues, and Medicine Man.

beanman25

First listen done. In love. Delivers completely for me.

EDIT: Deep Water is golden. So psyched to hear Jon Conner on the record too. Huge fan of him.

It's actually pretty good so far! Loose Cannons is a five alarm clunker though, holy shit. Why have two perfectly decent starting tracks released this week been ruined by Eminem/Hopsin tier skit bullshit?

Maximus.

Just started to listen and man the flow of this album is amazing. Everything just feels so right. Passion in this album.

Maximus.

I don't think the album has any strong singles that stand out to me yet, but as a whole I really enjoyed it.

Oddduck

I need to give it a few more listens before I can properly judge it, but it feels like a solid, well-produced album from my first listen.

burgervan

I've already listened to it four times and, aside from that first song, it gets better each time. I'm so happy right now. Dre fucking delivered!

Nyx

Nope, not for me.

Really not one song that I think is good, I'll just put The Chronic and 2001 on repeat for the 457.943th time.

first half is pretty meh aside from the xzibit verse. second half bumps though. especially one shot one kill.

it's good production, but it's sorely missing the presence of a nate dogg :( should have dropped a hook from the vault. would have been single-worthy.

and speaking of the production it does bang at places but there's also odd use of autotune and just weird ass effects all over the place. it's no 2001 or chronic. but i'm still pleasantly surprised it's not a piece of crap either. but nah...these songs surely aint the best of his detox sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom