• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen PS4/XB1 |OT| They're master ports all, you can't go wrong

Audioboxer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLMpx-ttKEo

You'll not get him as fast (obvious level and weapon difference) but it will sure be fast enough as long as you keep going (he's easily staggered firing explosive arrows in his chest head). Just be sure to bring stamina recovery items apart from the periatps and explosive arrows.

Thanks, first two times were dicey, but they both bumped my levels up something crazy! Got the 100 trophy. Started doing it solo so my pawn level wouldn't shoot up too much right now. Seems GAF pawns are all quite low level and that's mine now in the 80s.

Trying to get the Framae Blades to drop is now a lesson in RNG being an asshole. Revenant Wail, Revenant Wail, Revenant Wail, Revenant Wail, Revenant Wail, Revenant Wail.

Dannnnnnnng
Audioboxer got me over 280k RC :0

image.php

Trying to get the Framae Blades to drop is now a lesson in RNG being an asshole. Revenant Wail, Revenant Wail, Revenant Wail, Revenant Wail, Revenant Wail, Revenant Wail.
image.php
Gift one to me if it's too many to carry.

So... many.... Pawns... with... GUARDIAN.

KFJFJFJFJGKGJFJCHCHXGDBSGEHDYDJDUDN
It's probably people spamming help or come trying to get the hell away from a monster. I probably had the same inclination back on PS3.

HenryEen

Banned
Copy just arrived, played a few hours (level 9 currently). The game feels like Dragon Age, Skyrim, Fable and Monster Hunter blended together. Loving it so far, and Pawn system is amazing !

Audioboxer

Gift one to me if it's too many to carry.

It's probably people spamming help or come trying to get the hell away from a monster. U probably had the same inclination back on PS3.

Can't gift BBI weapons, only the unpurified things.

If anyone is feeling generous I'm running low on RC spending 50k+ a pop trying to get weapons/armour. PSN is Audioboxer for free hiring.

Although my pawn is currently dead as I threw her into the ocean. Farming solo. I don't know if you can hire pawns when they are dead?

Just started and got my main pawn and have some rookie questions. I've gone strider and pawn is Mage. What's the best early skills to learn because nothing seems that interesting at the moment in terms of skill. Also when do I get rid of rook.

Audioboxer

lol, save up 5 BBI weapon 3s and open them all. Still no daggers. I swear this game can read minds. I still haven't gotten an assassins band to drop from Gear. I think I have like 20 mystic Knight bands and goodness knows how many generic stat rings.

This is why I do not buy loot boxes.

Ferr986

Have you gone into BBI yet?

Not yet, probably later today I'll start!

Wow. Did you try to talk to the pawn girl on the top or collecting the 20 weakstones you need?

It's weird but it solved itself landing in some random area from the Everfall ,got the
Seneschal
voice again and the quest propted again. No pawn girl though :/

Worst when you're looking for support mages :(

I know. I meant weapon lvl 3s but it seems like you're not having the best luck ;)
lol, save up 5 BBI weapon 3s and open them all. Still no daggers. I swear this game can read minds. I still haven't gotten an assassins band to drop from Gear. I think I have like 20 mystic Knight bands and goodness knows how many generic stat rings.

Oh God, don't give Capcom ideas.
Not yet, probably later today I'll start!
I see. I was just wondering.

Abylim

Have you gone into BBI yet?

I sent a friend request.
Sending you a wep

Mine should not be guardian!

If anyone is feeling generous I'm running low on RC spending 50k+ a pop trying to get weapons/armour. PSN is Audioboxer for free hiring.

Although my pawn is currently dead as I threw her into the ocean. Farming solo. I don't know if you can hire pawns when they are dead?

Are we psn friends? I have all weps now I can send you my excess too

Abylim is my psn

Audioboxer

Now the game is just trolling

igGIBTc.jpg

The complain on GAF get what you want "curse" strikes again

Murkas

Currently level 48 and in the Everfall, do I wanna do the Ur Dragon first and then head into BBI? I was doing like 0 damage to him before he got me :(

Baalzebup

^^ Ya all know that giving commands via the D-pad will affect the pawn inclinations, right? Especially the "help me" command which people tend to spam so as to get the weapon buffs and such, which is the number one cause of Guardian inclinations.

Audioboxer

^^ Ya all know that giving commands via the D-pad will affect the pawn inclinations, right? Especially the "help me" command which people tend to spam so as to get the weapon buffs and such, which is the number one cause of Guardian inclinations.

Ah okay, cheers. Didn't know that. I usually spam help if I get grabbed lol.

Zeta Oni

We really need someone out there to explain the story like those FF7 explained in 5 minutes videos.

I'm working on something now, might post it here in the OT when I finish to get some feedback before making a new topic to discuss it.

Mainly I just want to focus on letting people know about
what is possibly one of the greatest breaks of the fourth wall I've ever seen in gaming.

I'm legitimately surprised its not mentioned along side stuff like the famous Max Payne scene or some of the shenanigans Nier gets up to with its endings.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Btw, pro tip: inclination elixirs can be duplicated through black cat, if you have the patience to wait and don't want to spend RC after the initial purchase.

I'm working on something now, might post it here in the OT when I finish to get some feedback before making a new topic to discuss it.

Mainly I just want to focus on letting people know about
what is possibly one of the greatest breaks of the fourth wall I've ever seen in gaming.

I'm legitimately surprised its not mentioned along side stuff like the famous Max Payne scene or some of the shenanigans Nier gets up to with its endings.

I honestly can't wait.

Also, by the end of my game I liked my pawn better than my main.

SkylineRKR

Mine is probably guardian too. I made her a utilitarian/challenger but after some time she was guardian again and changed her. That has been some hours ago though. Next time I will check her stats and I'd probably steer clear of the d-pad from now on.

So many guardians is the game's fault. If you play by its rules, ie use commands, you get guardians. So 90% of players probably never bother to check or don't give a shit, and we've got a hellhole of guardian pawns. Also, Guardian doesn't work as advertised. Your pawn will hide behind you, not protect you. It will be useless.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Say, what do you folks think the best augments setup for a mage? Currently my Celestia is set up with Attunement, Acuity, Bastion, Beatitude, Perpetuation, and Articulacy.

Considering that Anodyne spells are unaffected by Magick stat (or any stat apparently), I am thinking probably taking out Attunement for something else, maybe Sinew. Though she will have less bite when she uses offensive spells...

*sigh* Can't decide :(

Audioboxer

Ah, you can enchance higher than dragonforged xD

Also, I'll need to change to a sorcerer and try and kill offline UrDragon for some easy pawn dragonforging. Pretty sucky your pawn armour doesn't dragonforge itself :/

Getting started with the game and loving it! Here's my pawn. Sorry for no pics, ain't nobody got time for that shit.

PSN ID StaffyManasse
Platform PS4
Nefer
Pawn Level 22
Ranger
She's a challenger with some crowd control skills

Shengar

Ah okay, cheers. Didn't know that. I usually spam help if I get grabbed lol.

Command affect your pawn inclination, though the bad ones comes when you order your pawn outside combat. Left D-Pad for example, when used during combat will makes your main pawn Utilitarian inclination higher. Guardian inclination come mostly from Come command outside and inside combat or pressing the right d-pad Help command.

You can read it more here which is very helpful. I rarely used command besides left d-pad Help and Go in combat and so far my pawns do their job very well.

Audioboxer

How do I find the UrDragon chamber? Everything is chamber of confusion lol.

Edit: Ah wait, I think I need to go through this chamber first.

Say, what do you folks think the best augments setup for a mage? Currently my Celestia is set up with Attunement, Acuity, Bastion, Beatitude, Perpetuation, and Articulacy.

Considering that Anodyne spells are unaffected by Magick stat (or any stat apparently), I am thinking probably taking out Attunement for something else, maybe Sinew. Though she will have less bite when she uses offensive spells...

*sigh* Can't decide :(

Had her rented for last 2 days, seems good as is. I'll probably release and re-hire tonight.

How do I find the UrDragon chamber? Everything is chamber of confusion lol.

Edit: Ah wait, I think I need to go through this chamber first.

Beach in hometown. Might be NG+ only.

Just started and got my main pawn and have some rookie questions. I've gone strider and pawn is Mage. What's the best early skills to learn because nothing seems that interesting at the moment in terms of skill.

Strider's most powerful ability (and probably the highest melee DPS in the game) is the Helm/Skull/Brain Splitter series which you can begin at rank 3. Once you get the eminence augment for jumping attacks (rank 5) you can jump before using it and rip through enemy weak points like a buzzsaw. Also, the Splitter attacks can be used to negate fall damage by running and using it to spin off the edge.

Other than that, get Ensnare/Implicate (starts at rank 3) to pull down foes with wires. Good for small enemies like wolves but can also work on larger enemies with the right timing.

Full/Mighty/Terrible Bend (starts at rank 3) for a high damage arrow that can stagger or knock things down.

Cloudburst/Downpour/Hailstorm Volley (starts at rank 1) rains a ton of arrows down, good for using with debilitating arrows/bows.

All of the dagger using classes can get double jump and dodge roll at rank 5, so that's where they really come into their own.

Strider has a hidden climbing bonus so they are by far the best climber early on. Later I think Magic Archer Flameshroud ability makes them the best.

Look out for Fracture Dart, Instant Reset, Master Thief, and Soaring Stone if you stick with Strider.

sublimit

Banned
How sad and fucked up some people could they be when they hire someone's Pawn just to give them 1 star at everything?

I mean this person obviously hired my Pawn just to downvote it (probably due to her wearing the silk lingerie) since she only had 200RC and got 1 star at everything.They even gave her 1 star at battle/helpfuness when they hardly even used her...

The cherry on top was that he/she gave me a comment "is not to my liking".

I wish this game had a system where you could only rate a pawn after you have used them for a certain amount of time.

ZangBa

How sad and fucked up some people could they be when they hire someone's Pawn just to give them 1 star at everything?

I mean this person obviously hired my Pawn just to downvote it (probably due to her wearing the silk lingerie) since she only had 200RC and got 1 star at everything.They even gave her 1 star at battle/helpfuness when they hardly even used her...

The cherry on top was that he/she gave me a comment "is not to my liking".

I wish this game had a system where you could only rate a pawn after you have used them for a certain amount of time.

I had the same happen yesterday, maybe it was the same guy lol. Doesn't bother me any though. It's also possible my inclinations were messed up and he did something dumb. No matter what I do, my healer pawn turns into a Scather. Put his ass in a chair and tell him to stop and he does it anyway.

sublimit

Banned
I had the same happen yesterday, maybe it was the same guy lol. Doesn't bother me any though. It's also possible my inclinations were messed up and he did something dumb. No matter what I do, my healer pawn turns into a Scather. Put his ass in a chair and tell him to stop and he does it anyway.

I wouldn't mind if they downvoted her due to her performance. But the amount of RC she got back makes it obvious that the person who hired her did that just to give her 1 star at everything due to her appearance and then immediately sent her back. Which is both sad and idiotic.

Oh well.

WeTeHa

Finally had some time to play, so here's a little update to my pawn.

PSN ID: WeTeHa
Platform: PS4
Pawn Name: Mia
Pawn Level: 90
Pawn Vocation: Sorceress
Addition details:
- Currently ~2400 magic
- Utilitarian/Challenger/Mitigator
- Grand Bolide/Grand Gicel/Grand Fulmination/Grand Seism

She's amazing at sync casting if you have a second pawn with the same offensive skills. Bigger monsters get melted by double grand bolide or gicel.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I wouldn't mind if they downvoted her due to her performance. But the amount of RC she got back makes it obvious that the person who hired her did that just to give her 1 star at everything due to her appearance and then immediately sent her back. Which is both sad and idiotic.

Oh well.
I don't hire lolipawns myself, but honestly I can't feel sympathy. If it's OK for people to give high ratings and gifts to scantily clad lolipawns, which people claim happens all the time, then surely this is a good counter-balance.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Had her rented for last 2 days, seems good as is. I'll probably release and re-hire tonight.

Beach in hometown. Might be NG+ only.

Wow, thank you. Hopefully she's being helpful and not acting like a twat during her time in your party, hahaha.

And yea, that Ur Dragon stone in Cassardis is NG plus only.

Dashl

Neo Member
Update on my pawn.

PSN ID Dashl-
Platform PS4
Pawn Name Lily
Pawn Level 50
Pawn Vocation Sorcerer (Rank 8)
Addition details Put GAF or pawn in the request please.

I got her to 9 on Fighter and Strider, then started Sorcerer. Not sure what to do after I hit rank 9, if I want to move her back to Ranger, or just level Warrior.

Can you make your pawn an assassin? Or are they limited to Mage, Sorcerer, Fighter, Warrior and Ranger? Also, how do you equip the different arrows? I put poison arrows on her when she was a Ranger, and she never used any.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Update on my pawn.

PSN ID Dashl-
Platform PS4
Pawn Name Lily
Pawn Level 50
Pawn Vocation Sorcerer (Rank 8)
Addition details Put GAF or pawn in the request please.

I got her to 9 on Fighter and Strider, then started Sorcerer. Not sure what to do after I hit rank 9, if I want to move her back to Ranger, or just level Warrior.

Can you make your pawn an assassin? Or are they limited to Mage, Sorcerer, Fighter, Warrior and Ranger? Also, how do you equip the different arrows? I put poison arrows on her when she was a Ranger, and she never used any.

Nah, Assassin is a Hybrid, you can only make basic and advanced class only.for your pawns.

And yeah, you can't tell your pawns to use specific items. The best bet for your case is to make Utilitarian as one of your main pawn's inclinations.

BTW, I think I recently used your pawn when she's a Strider, hahaha.

Abylim

Just started hard. Level 142 and my pawn and I are in full BBI lvl 3 gear. I feel like a god.

Following a quest guide to clean up what I missed the first time. Then speed run and I get my plat again! I love this game

sublimit

Banned
I don't hire lolipawns myself, but honestly I can't feel sympathy. If it's OK for people to give high ratings and gifts to scantily clad lolipawns, which people claim happens all the time, then surely this is a good counter-balance.

I don't like lolis either (my pawn is a very tall and clearly adult woman) so i never hire them.But if someone wants to have a loli as their pawn who am i to judge them?

Just curious though why you assumed that my pawn was a loli?

Oh shit I can use this save for speed run mode? Yassssss
Yeah, nothing you do in speed run mode affects your save so feel free to blow your gold on special arrows etc.

Completing the mode unlocks 2 costumes for main save.

Only problem is a save midway through Hard mode loads as a normal difficulty after a speedrun.

Abylim

I don't like lolis either (my pawn is a very tall and clearly adult woman) so i never hire them.But if someone wants to have a loli as their pawn who am i to judge them?

Just curious though why you assumed that my pawn was a loli?

I’m getting the sense that Morrigan hates loli. I kinda do too honestly.

But I almost always give 4 stars or more for pawns I’ve had for awhile.

people

Just started hard. Level 142 and my pawn and I are in full BBI lvl 3 gear. I feel like a god.

Following a quest guide to clean up what I missed the first time. Then speed run and I get my plat again! I love this game

Oh shit I can use this save for speed run mode? Yassssss

Keep in mind that starting/completing Speed Run Mode during your Hard playthrough will reset difficulty back to Normal when you resume.

Damned lazy people not rating pawns. :( It's always three stars.

Thank god the default isn't 1 star lol

I think two people have rated mine, which is nice. :)

Top Bottom