• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Game Informer details [Up2: Exploration Skills?]

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah this cross-generational thing is a really unwelcome development. There is no way having the same amount of content as a machine with 512MB of RAM is not going to compromise the next gen versions. I want full fat next gen :-(

Worst part is that the current gen ones are gonna perform like complete shit.

No one wins/

WilyRook

What about romance bioware?! ROMANCE?!

- A new mage joins your party, Vivienne

ibbHHERlvlCkWN.gif

Patryn

I still need to see combat to really judge the game. Actually, I need to know little things like is backstab back being a positional attack or is it a button again?

Trigger

I still need to see combat to really judge the game. Actually, I need to know little things like is backstab back being a positional attack or is it a button again?

What's awesome about positioning? There's nothing as visceral as pushing a button and watching the Inquisitor flash step behind their foe.

Stuart444

Sounds like Bioware will redeem themselves (Dragon Age wise at least) with this. Happy that there will be more than one playable race after DA2 took that out. :D

Kimaka

Dialogue wheel returns, but the team has focused a lot on making the selections accurate to what your character says. They’ve now added an optional addition to the wheel that gives you better idea of what to expect
Assuming this means there will finally be an option to see what the dialogue actually says and not more symbols, this is great news.

At least 3 races to choose from; when asked about Qunari, Mike Laidlaw says “Do we go to four? I don’t know. Definitely these are the safe bet”.

Good. A lot of what they are saying is getting me interested again but I still don't plan on buying it until well after reviews are out. I want to see more gameplay.

Staf

Assuming this means there will finally be an option to see what the dialogue actually says and not more symbols, this is great news.

That was what i was hoping for as well when i saw that since roleplaying, for me anyhow, is impossible if i don't know exactly what is coming out of my character's mouth prior to saying it. However, i saw a post on the BSN yesterday where David Gaider debunked the idea of Bioware presenting the full line... That's why i probably won't be buying this title because the amount of reloading i did in DA2 due to the awful conversation system made me quit the game before even going to the Deep roads.

Story events happen because characters do things to make them happen. The conflicts of a story happen because of the characters. You don't create a conflict first and then figure out how characters fit into that. You create characters and then figure out what they do to make things happen.

Party members in RPGs have always revolved around fleshing out the existing world for the player.

LOL

Mike Laidlaw said:
...But if it it's something that's really big and really central to the game, I think it's vital that you respect the player's choices and decisions. Otherwise, why did you let them make them?

The way he emphasizes "make them" is extra delicious.

Zaventem

There's barely any hype for this...i mean i expected more than 78k views on youtube. I guess when the real trailer is revealed it might blow up? lol They really hurt their franchise.

Portugeezer

Lol

Is this footage new, I wasn't sure but I made a gif anyway.

ugfhghfntitled-1w0k7e.gif

All looks in game, not sure about the dragon though, that might be CGI.

Got my eye on Cassandra, obviously to early to tell. Hopefully we get some cameos from hawke and our grey warden, I wonder where hawke dissappeared to.

It's gonna be an awesome first year for next gen, between destiny, witcher 3, dragon age 3 and a bunch we don't even know about:D

SnakeEyes

Banned
BioWare has already mentioned that Morrigan, while being in DA:I, will not be a companion like she has been before. I would like to know how this is going to affect my decisions made in DA:O and the Witch Hunt DLC, since she was my Grey Warden's baby-momma...

DTKT

PC is a demon that fell from the fade. This leads up to the final choice where you can either embrace your demonic powers and bring darkness to the world or pull a space Shepard.

Or you are the sole survivor of your village because videogames.

Midou

Maybe if PE and Torment do well, Bioware will go ahead an actually make Baldur's Gate 3, classic graphics and all. Would certainly be less expensive than another entry in ME or DA.

I hope they go with a new franchise after this though, regardless.

Patryn

lol

http://i.minus.com/jW7xXLJvnGkA2.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

All he'd need to do is compare the number and size of environments in BG2 to those in DA:O and understand what people are talking about. Once you move to 3D polygonal worlds, you need a lot more horsepower to accomplish the same task.

[quote="Midou, post: 75340147"]Maybe if PE and Torment do well, Bioware will go ahead an actually make Baldur's Gate 3, classic graphics and all. Would certainly be less expensive than another entry in ME or DA.

I hope they go with a new franchise after this though, regardless.[/QUOTE]

EA does not have the D&D license and would likely be loathe to pursue it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Maybe if PE and Torment do well, Bioware will go ahead an actually make Baldur's Gate 3, classic graphics and all. Would certainly be less expensive than another entry in ME or DA.

I hope they go with a new franchise after this though, regardless.

Bioware Edmonton are working on a new IP.

Yes, they have three teams now across Edmonton/Montreal. Dragon Age (Edmonton helmed), Mass Effect (now Montreal helmed), and a New IP (KotOR/ME leads, Edmonton helmed).

Metra

Things are looking pretty good so far (at least, in my opinion) and I trust that Bioware will deliver a great game. Day one for me.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So it looks like the cast from the survey is still the cast of the game (the images are all from various posts across BioWare's forum):

6d27fd35a94b44bb199b1806b991e8a9.jpg

dragonage3comps.jpg

post-49454-0-35947500-1375911548.jpg

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Okay so looking at bit more at their forum: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dra...n/Exploration-skill-trees-pic-17108452-1.html

Exploration Skill Toolbox:

bav8.png

Dragon Taming?:

Screenshot2013-08-07at35813PM_zpsebe052d0.png

And here are the old survey descriptions:

Cast Leaks said:
"Cole -
A long time ago, a young man died a cruel death is dark place. And now, somehow, there is Cole. Was he a spirit or a demon? Is he human now? Cole is not sure it matters any more. Hounded by memories that aren't his own, invisible in a world he can stalk like a shadow, the rogue must decide between joining the living or preying upon them.
"

"Dorian -
Dorian Pavus is a Tevinter magister. The title conjures fear of arcane master who once enslaved nations. Dorian may wield the power of the magisters, but he delights in not being what you would expect. Brazen and clever, this outcast is on a crusade to rid his homeland of its corruption.
"

"The Iron Bull -
The Iron Bull is a long way from home, and he prefers it that way. A slap in the face of typically humorless Qunari(Kossith), he loves drinking, killing and looting- but not necessarily in that order. The head of a vicious mercenary company, he's known for excellent pay and brutal punishment. It's been a decade-long party, but the Bull may find that old loyalties die hard.
"

"Sera -
Sera is young, frenetic, and a brat through and through. She revels in the athleticism of being an elf, of being different. But her culture isn't elven, or for that matter strictly human. It's the underbelly of the city in her network of rogues; what you do it more important than where you're from, and friends open more doors than titles. Robs from the rich to keep for herself.
"

Cullen [he was the templar guy in both games], Cassandra and a Grey Warden [presumably Stroud from DA2] are also listed as companions.

And here's my attempt at labeling them:

sounds pretty damn cool. Bioware has me sold for now, I really think they learned their lesson from DA2. They couldn't make a game as bad as that again, right?

Top Bottom