• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Trespasser DLC trailer (Out September 8th)

I think you're confusing Vivienne and Cassandra. Leliana wanted to destroy the circles; Cassandra wanted to reform them; Vivienne wanted everything back like how it was before Dragon Age II.

Are you sure? During her Divine ending, Morrigan states that to the shock of everyone, Vivienne
rebuilds the circles, while giving Mages more freedom. And has the Templars firmly leashed to her hand
, so a Kirkwall situation doesn't happen again.

Ralemont

not me
Are you sure? During her Divine ending, Morrigan states that to the shock of everyone, Vivienne rebuilds the circles, while giving Mages more freedom. And has the Templars firmly leashed to her hand, so a Kirkwall situation doesn't happen again.

No, you're right. Vivienne is the most conservative of the three but she doesn't just want to replicate the pre-war social institution of Circles. She has various smaller reforms in mind that are tamer than Leliana's "NO CIRCLES" and Cassandra's "Mages rule themselves in circles and templars serve as a buffer between them and the mundanes."

RDreamer

I'm pretty excited for the new DLC, but I'll definitely be playing MGSV then.

They really seem to have a shitty release schedule on this DLC. First Witcher 3 now MGSV.

diaspora

No, you're right. Vivienne is the most conservative of the three but she doesn't just want to replicate the pre-war social institution of Circles. She has various smaller reforms in mind that are tamer than Leliana's "NO CIRCLES" and Cassandra's "Mages rule themselves in circles and templars serve as a buffer between them and the mundanes."
Tbh I've always preferred Vivienne's methods.

Yeah. I'm really glad I saved buying all the DLC for playing through at once, especially since I won't have time to play this again until after Metal Gear Solid V.

Edit:

Suledin ‏@piotrbugryn
What's the price for this DLC?

Dragon Age ‏@dragonage
It will be the same as previous DLC, $14.99.

TY. :)

I thought it'd be a good thing for the alliance aka fate of the world :(. Think of the bigger picture and all that.

It took me like half an hour to make the decision while I watched TV and thought about it. :(
Definitely the hardest decision to make in the series IMO. But in the end
I couldn't let Krem die :(

I always sided with Leliana with that, but then I always RP as very anti-circle mages in the games.

Just let Cassandra and me have our reunion and I'll be good. Don't fuck it up like you did with Ashley's citadel side.

While it's great that they using Citadel as a base I do t think it can work that well in the DA universe as with ME we had 1 main character and interjected with our party through 3 games, side stories comics and what have you.

Damerman

Yeah. I'm really glad I saved buying all the DLC for playing through at once, especially since I won't have time to play this again until after Metal Gear Solid V.

Edit:

Suledin ‏@piotrbugryn
What's the price for this DLC?

Dragon Age ‏@dragonage
It will be the same as previous DLC, $14.99.
There are too many games. I still haven't finished shadow run dragonfall, i'm planning on buying ffxiv arr, i plan on buying mgsv and witcher 3 dlc is comig out and i have only completed one playthrough of inquisition. There is way too much at the moment.

Yeul

There are too many games. I still haven't finished shadow run dragonfall, i'm planning on buying ffxiv arr, i plan on buying mgsv and witcher 3 dlc is comig out and i have only completed one playthrough of inquisition. There is way too much at the moment.

From nothing coming out suddenly there's a flood, I love the transition to fall lol.

Oh, thank god, us console peasants can now free our poor Inquisitor from the hideous Skyhold PJs. (Some of the PC outfit mods are just gorgeous.)

The addition of a Golden Nug statue allows you to share your collectibles with all your characters. Source.

I just completed The Descent DLC tonight. They did rush the end of the DLC. The DLC felt like it should have had a little more explanation at the end of the story. Overall I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to this final DLC. The Descent should be priced at about 7.99. It's not worth the full 15.00.

I just completed The Descent DLC tonight. They did rush the end of the DLC. The DLC felt like it should have had a little more explanation at the end of the story. Overall I enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to this final DLC. The Descent should be priced at about 7.99. It's not worth the full 15.00.

Yup. An argument could be made for hakkon at 15, but not decent.

RDreamer

I kind of think all DLC across the board is worth exactly half of what game companies seem to ask for it.

Compared to other DLC I don't think Descent or Hakkon were terribly priced. Compared to the base game's content or what else you could spend your money on its not really a contest. I really wish companies would lower DLC prices. I'd buy so much more. Or at least lower it over time... I'm still angry that previous Bioware DLC is still full price. The games themselves can practically be bought for the same price as one DLC.

I kind of think all DLC across the board is worth exactly half of what game companies seem to ask for it.

Compared to other DLC I don't think Descent or Hakkon were terribly priced. Compared to the base game's content or what else you could spend your money on its not really a contest. I really wish companies would lower DLC prices. I'd buy so much more. Or at least lower it over time... I'm still angry that previous Bioware DLC is still full price. The games themselves can practically be bought for the same price as one DLC.
Pretty much this. Everyone mentions it in the dlc debate but the MK DLC packs are a rare exception.

I let a friend borrow inquisition but I might get it back and start playing the first two pieces of DLC so I can play this straight away.

Ushay

Those teasing bastards at Bioware..

The gameinformer interview states 'IF there are new Dragon Age games' when discussing the future of the franchise.. :(

Lucreto

Any idea as to the length of the DLC?

It's sad Dragon Age Inquisition is finished and now the long wait until the next one. As least Mass Effect will take the spotlight which will ease the pain.

Those teasing bastards at Bioware..

The gameinformer interview states 'IF there are new Dragon Age games' when discussing the future of the franchise.. :(

I believe it was the best selling Dragon Age to date so I am not worried about them not making another one.

Pretty much this. Everyone mentions it in the dlc debate but the MK DLC packs are a rare exception.

I let a friend borrow inquisition but I might get it back and start playing the first two pieces of DLC so I can play this straight away.
I feel the same really , the price for the DAI dlc are way too high

Maybe i'll wait for a sale on those

Sou Da

Hm. Apparently you're going to get really raked over the coals for how much power you ended up with and how many keeps you took. Nice use of the mechanic.

Crzy1

Haven't felt compelled to buy the other two DLC packs, but this one looks like it might be good. I'm in the middle of playing the game again, so I may pick it up when it comes out.

Hm. Apparently you're going to get really raked over the coals for how much power you ended up with and how many keeps you took. Nice use of the mechanic.

i'm proud of all my decision... if they have something to tell me , they better tell me face to face or else ....

Tabby

But I used a bug to get a lot of power... woopsies.

Where did you get this from? the stream?

Picking this up day 1 while I passed on the previous two to wait for a sale. Moving the plot forward is a big selling point for me.

Finally, post-game DLC! I'll probably start a new playthrough before it drops. I loved the DA:I cast, and if this really is the final DLC I hope we get some substantial new companion content.

Melchiah

This content marks the end of our time with the Inquisition. I sincerely hope you enjoy it.

So, this is apparently the last one, and the first post-campaign one. I'll be there when it comes.

Some Nobody

Welp. Guess I'm taking a super L, then 'cause my power is something ridiculous after playing for 100+ hours. And to think, I still haven't finished the first DLC.

prudislav

Sounds like cool final DLC and might be good if done right , but kinda fear its gonnabe a lot like JoH and Descent are

BTW: Are the K+M issues with tactical camera resolved now??? Last time I played (pretty early after release) it was clunky as hell and pretty much too much of a hassle to actually use it even though I prefer tactical play rather than action one in DA games.

Walpurgis

Banned

I agree. I usually look at how much content a game has and how much content the DLC has and compare the prices, DLC always comes out as overpriced (Smash Bros. especially). Bioware is very bad with this. The biggest thing holding me back from buying the Mass Effect Trilogy is that I'll need a spreadsheet to know which DLC I need to buy and the prices never drop (the DLC actually costs more than the game, as you said).

It's been known for a while.

not really that long, I mean, they only announced this thing a couple weeks ago.

The whole DLC release schedule for Inquisition has been completely bizarre to me. I just don't get how you have a multiple GOTY winning game in Inquisition and then BioWare squirts out 3 DLC's erratically and with basically zero marketing or buzz unless you're actively looking for them. Do they want these DLC to bomb?

Sou Da

not really that long, I mean, they only announced this thing a couple weeks ago.

The whole DLC release schedule for Inquisition has been completely bizarre to me. I just don't get how you have a multiple GOTY winning game in Inquisition and then BioWare squirts out 3 DLC's erratically and with basically zero marketing or buzz unless you're actively looking for them. Do they want these DLC to bomb?

Yeah I don't get what's going there but I also never payed attention to the marketing campaigns of other DA dlc. All I remember was some frothing at the mouth for Witch Hunt, some anger at DA:O not being supported all the way until DA2, and Felicia Day in general being frowned upon.

Surprised there wasn't a thread for this yet.
Wait, wasn't the Descent DLC released only two weeks ago? A new one already?
DLC for DAI has been so weird.... both of them just seem to come out of nowhere, with like no marketing just one day I log onto neogaf and it's, hey there's a new DLC already out or out in a few weeks. No build up or marketing.

And the DLC itself has also just been so out of the blue.... stories that never needed to exist and no one asked for. Good combat, to be sure! just... unneeded story.

Thankfully, the new one sounds like exactly like what DAI DLC should be... a Qunaari invasion? post-ending Inquisition management? perfect.

wonder what this means for Iron Bull... or Hissrad... I mean, technically that decision should impact this DLC.

Biggest reason I chose Iron Bull over Hissrad was exactly because I was thinking post-ending Inquisition... choosing long term Iron Bull rather than temporary Qunarri support and losing Hissrad back to the Ben-Hassrath.

Top Bottom