• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition - Who will your Inquisitor be? New webpage, info & screens

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Yeah, but BF4 PS4 was 900p.

Ohh that sucks, I always thought it was 1080 and Xbone was 900. That's rather unfortunate. Yay for PC master race. Though I'm sure my aging rig will not be able to max out this game.

I am afraid that they'd just give customized Hawke a helmet.

Lead dev already stated that if the Warden and Hawke come back you'll get the chance to alter their appearance, so it seams they aren't going with the fancy full face helmet choice to get around that issue.

Hedge

Going off the leaks from Keep, I'm a bit sad there is no option of selecting who your romance interest was in the games. It'd be fun if the relationships carried over. :p

JohnGrimm

Ohh that sucks, I always thought it was 1080 and Xbone was 900. That's rather unfortunate. Yay for PC master race. Though I'm sure my aging rig will not be able to max out this game.
PS4 was 900, Xbox was 720. That's mostly because Dice was going after 60fps.

I'm pretty sure Inquisition is 30, so 1080 for PS4 and 900 for Xbox is likely.

Going off the leaks from Keep, I'm a bit sad there is no option of selecting who your romance interest was in the games. It'd be fun if the relationships carried over. :p

Um... Yes there was. Unless I'm misinterpreting the pictures of leliana and marril with big hearts over their heads?

I don't know what platform to get this on. With an i5-3570K / 680 SLI 2GB, I feel like my VRAM isn't sufficient to fully enjoy next-gen titles at or on high / max.

Watch_Dogs needed 3GB+, and it wasn't even a looker (after the downgrade). As for the topic. Human Mage, since in the previous the other classes haven't been all that satisfying.

Female Qunari mage (knight enchanter) for my Inquisitor. The Qunari are a fascinating race in the Dragon Age universe, especially their mages. Can't pass up the opportunity to play as one.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I don't know what platform to get this on. With an i5-3570K / 680 SLI 2GB, I feel like my VRAM isn't sufficient to fully enjoy next-gen titles at or on high / max.

Watch_Dogs needed 3GB+, and it wasn't even a looker (after the downgrade). As for the topic. Human Mage, since in the previous the other classes haven't been all that satisfying.

WD was optimized by a bunch of assholes. So I wouldn't use that as a good indicator. If you can run BF4 on those setting DAI should the same, possibly better thanks to engine updates and what not.

So will the Warden be properly customizable, or will we have to choose from presets? Those leaked shots of the Keep seemed to suggest the latter.

Ralemont

not me
So will the Warden be properly customizable, or will we have to choose from presets? Those leaked shots of the Keep seemed to suggest the latter.

Assuming the Warden is in Inquisition (just being in the Keep isn't confirmation I'd say; it's likely just a compendium of any possible decision BW may choose to incorporate in any future DA game) I'd expect you to customize him at least as much as Hawke.

Renekton

PS4 was 900, Xbox was 720. That's mostly because Dice was going after 60fps.

I'm pretty sure Inquisition is 30, so 1080 for PS4 and 900 for Xbox is likely.
I think both PS4X1 can get 1080p/30. DA:I doesn't feel insanely demanding, the presentations look like a scaled-up PS360 game to me.

Witcher 3 presentations on the other hand got people waiting for Nvidia to reveal their GTX800 line.

DOWN

Banned
I think both PS4X1 can get 1080p/30. DA:I doesn't feel insanely demanding, the presentations look like a scaled-up PS360 game to me.

Witcher 3 presentations on the other hand got people waiting for Nvidia to reveal their GTX800 line.

Sorry but I roll my eyes when people think they can guess what a game's looks equal in console performance and often say how something should be.

You have no clue what this game demands technically. Just because something doesn't look that demanding to you, doesn't mean the programmers would agree at all.

I kinda feel like the game should be hitting 60fps with those visuals, but I still fully expect 30 from Bioware. Hopefully its a solid 30 even when a lot of flashy spells are going off.

Sanctuary

I highly doubt you would have much of an issue running DA:I better with that rig compared to what the consoles can do. At the very least, you should still be able to get 60fps at 1440p with maybe the occasional dip in the upper 50s unless the screen gets really chaotic. Watch Dogs with the mod just doesn't seem optimized at all, which is probably the reason it requires a more brute force approach, but you can still make it look better without the mod and without 3gb of Vram compared to the consoles, if only marignally. DA:I shouldn't really be nearly as taxing and I'd argue that you shouldn't really worry too much about performance unless you're trying to do something crazy like playing at 120fps @ 2160p. Bioware is using an engine that is pretty new to them, so maybe their first game using it won't be as optimized as those that follow, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could still get a relatively good looking and playing experience out of a single 580 GTX.

Since the PC version will also allow the use of a controller, you may as well just get that version, especially because you can more than likely find it cheaper online and there may eventually be some simple mods (mostly graphical) that you wouldn't get for the console versions, and you'd have something to look forward to after your next PC upgrade.

I highly doubt you would have much of an issue running DA:I better with that rig compared to what the consoles can do. At the very least, you should still be able to get 60fps at 1440p with maybe the occasional dip in the upper 50s unless the screen gets really chaotic. Watch Dogs with the mod just doesn't seem optimized at all, which is probably the reason it requires a more brute force approach, but you can still make it look better without the mod and without 3gb of Vram compared to the consoles, if only marignally. DA:I shouldn't really be nearly as taxing and I'd argue that you shouldn't really worry too much about performance unless you're trying to do something crazy like playing at 120fps @ 2160p. Bioware is using an engine that is pretty new to them, so maybe their first game using it won't be as optimized as those that follow, but I wouldn't be surprised if you could still get a relatively good looking and playing experience out of a single 580 GTX.

Since the PC version will also allow the use of a controller, you may as well just get that version, especially because you can more than likely find it cheaper online and there may eventually be some simple mods (mostly graphical) that you wouldn't get for the console versions, and you'd have something to look forward to after your next PC upgrade.

Thanks, that was pretty reassuring. Make sense. PC version it is.

Tsukumo

For those interested, Indira Varma will be Vivienne in DAI. You might know her from the HBO series Rome, as Niobe, or Zoe from Luther and more recently the last season of Game of Thrones, as Ellaria Sands. Knowing she'll be voicing Vivienne makes me much more interested in the character.

Dressing Up Your Dressing Downs with Indira Varma

About time we started to see some big guns doing voice work on Bioware games. Is there a list where I can check the other actors in Inquisition?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
About time we started to see some big guns doing voice work on Bioware games. Is there a list where I can check the other actors in Inquisition?

Here. There are links to the other videos they've done with the VAs so far and some other stuff.

List of Known Actors

Male Inquisitor, British Voice Flavor: Harry Hadden-Paton
Female Inquisitor, British Voice Flavor: Alix Wilton Regan
Male Inquisitor, American Voice Flavor: Jon Curry
Female Inquisitor, American Voice Flavor: Sumalee Montano

Cassandra Pentaghast: Miranda Raison
Varric Tethras: Brian Bloom
Solas: Gareth David-Lloyd
Sera: Robyn Addison
Iron Bull: Freddie Prinze Jr.
Vivienne: Indira Varma
Cole: James Norton
Cullen: Greg Ellis
Morrigan: Claudia Black
Leliana: Corinne Kempa
Josephine Montilyet: Allegra Clark
Alistair: Steve Valentine
Anora: Mika Simmons
Flemeth: Kate Mulgrew

Unknown Roles: Gwendoline Christie; Mark Meer; Jennifer Hale

Lots of Speculation for Everybody

Somewhat Likely But Totally Unconfirmed:

-Nicholas Boulton and Jo Wyatt (the appearance of Hawke in the game suggests a likelihood);
-Gideon Emery (Mark Darrah hints as such during Rapr Q&A);
-Ali Hillis (the voice of Scout Harding in the recent demo is generally agreed-upon as unmistakably her)

The game play looks promising, though personally I don't like the look of most of the companions, and this might be the first Bioware game I might skip romance entirely, unless my first impressions are completely wrong. I haven't yet decided what my character will be, but I'm certainly interested in the Qunari. First I need to finish my current run of DA:O, Awakening, and try to bare through DAII with something other than a rogue.

ocean

Banned
How long can we expect the campaign to be? Obvious ballpark speculation, but is 30 hours a reasonable estimate? I'm weighing this vs Diablo 3 and need some help choosing :(

LX_Theo

Banned
I'll probably be a human Mage first run. I want to try whatever specialization was in that concept art with the magic/energy sword

Ridesh

Banned
How long can we expect the campaign to be? Obvious ballpark speculation, but is 30 hours a reasonable estimate? I'm weighing this vs Diablo 3 and need some help choosing :(

40-50 hours for the main campaign and 150 hours for a completionist playthrough.

Renekton

DA series should be 20-40 depending on your style.

Diablo 3 story campaign is over in one night's play. But the game can stretch to 200 hours if you like item grinding.

kd-z

Some of you people are really excited for this game! Reading this thread made me more hyped, too, though I'll be approaching this one with caution after the huge disappointment that DA2 was for me.
Character creation makes a welcome comeback, I'll most probably play as a Qunari. I don't remember much of DA lore, but they were interesting since the first game.

Might roll a mage. I played warrior in DAO and rogue in DA2.

ocean

Banned

Diablo 3 story campaign is over in one night's play. But the game can stretch to 200 hours if you like item grinding.

Damn, I had no idea Diablo's campaign was that short! You helped me dodge a bullet there. My next retail game will definitely be Dragon Age then. Shadow of Mordor is also really tempting but I think I'll wait for a price drop on that one.

I never got a chance to play the first two installments of Dragon Age. Will I be completely lost jumping into this one?

It's worth noting that DAI is not an next-gen game but just another cross-gen game, so I doubt it will be in need of an monster PC, plus Frostbite seems to scale really well on most machines.

Tacitus_

When I get this game I'm going to play as a 40k style Inquisitor so hard. The anti magic warrior class probably.

Purge the witch, the mutant, the heretic.

kd-z

Damn, I had no idea Diablo's campaign was that short! You helped me dodge a bullet there. My next retail game will definitely be Dragon Age then. Shadow of Mordor is also really tempting but I think I'll wait for a price drop on that one.

I never got a chance to play the first two installments of Dragon Age. Will I be completely lost jumping into this one?

Wait, what? Diablo III's campaign can be completed in one evening if your evening is 20 hours long.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Origins: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2760

Diablo 3: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2514

Diablo 3 is easier than it used to be to note, but if you get the new one it has an extra lengthy act.

That said Inquisition will probably have a shorter main campaign and longer completionist run than Origins given how games like this are structured.

I would be surprised if you got lost plot wise. It follows a new character and mostly new party.

Ralemont

not me

Nah, they'll do a decent job bringing you up to speed. The main storyline for Inquisition is going to be self-contained, at the very least. There's definitely going to be moments when you'll know something from a previous game is being referenced though, for example whenever Hawke (main character of DA2) shows up.

Vooduu

Never played Dragon Age and I don't have high regards for the new entry.

Quote me some videos to make me a believer?

PFD

That's because Watch Dogs was a shit port. You should be able to easily max this game with that rig

ocean

Banned
Origins: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2760

Diablo 3: http://www.howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=2514

Diablo 3 is easier than it used to be to note, but if you get the new one it has an extra lengthy act.

That said Inquisition will probably have a shorter main campaign and longer completionist run than Origins given how games like this are structured.

I would be surprised if you got lost plot wise. It follows a new character and mostly new party.

Thanks a lot, very informative post. I didn't know about this HLTB website! It's a nifty reference I'll be coming back to before purchasing games in the future.

I read up a little on this title and saw some videos. I'm completely sold. Gameplay looks solid, and my PS4 needs some RPG goodness sooner rather than later.

Ridesh

Banned
Never played Dragon Age and I don't have high regards for the new entry.

Quote me some videos to make me a believer?

Discover the Dragon Age trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzuR1Fn_b48

The Inquisitor trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO2h4qUNJ60

E3 presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dogIKwZA7Ac

Combat trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYZw98f58Xo

Enemies trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHeWOQvVRd8

Gamescom gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWHknanHeWE

Jon Armdog

Man, I am trying to manage my hype on this game, but its starting to get out of control.

So, on the topic of classes, does anyone have a breakdown of companion classes? I'm trying to figure out what to roll as Inquisitor, but I don't want to end up with all fighter/warrior types... And that looks possible, with Cassandra, the Warden guy, and Iron Bull.

Man, the gameplay, customization and environments look amazing, however I really don't have high hopes for the dialog, characters or story based on everything we've seen + modern Bioware.

Renekton said:

Origins without Awakening took me about 45 hours, with Awakening (not even the other DLC I didn't bother picking up) took me around 60 hours. I'd say I have at least 35-40 hours in Diablo 3 PS4 already and I'm not finished or level 70 yet. And that's only one class, plus all of the endgame stuff that may just double that playtime...

Top Bottom