• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Neoxon

wonder if there will be special intros between fighters

like I want to see 17 and Piccolo just punching each other in the stomach for the intro

O4DOiH.gif
The gut-punch greeting should be for Goku & Frieza.

LotusHD

Banned
This thread's going to be a bloodbath soon with all these "there's no way this alternate version of an existing character or obscure one off character isn't making the cut" posts.

I feel people are treating this like previous DBZ games that would have 100 characters that have half of them having the same moveset other than one special attack dedicated to them.

SSJ3 Goku has already been reduced to just a super. ASW is trying to make a competitive fighting game with tons of unique characters. The 6 we've seen are the most easily assessible characters in the roster according to interviews. Having 4 versions of the same character contradicts that. I could see SSJB Goku maybe having its own dedicated character, but 1/4 of the cast just being variants would be lame as hell and I have faith that ASW won't be doing that.

Whether Goku Black ultimately gets in or not doesn't change the fact that he fights very differently than Goku. He's not just a variant.

Gbraga

If Goku Black gets in, I hope the Rosé is either a power up super or just part of a super animation. I'd like to have a character representing regular hair Goku.

I have a feeling Black would get in as SSJR Black if he were to make the cut. Base form Black doesn't fight that uniquely from Goku aside from death balls but SSJR could make use of his sword normals.

I'm more interested in what assists the characters will have than anything else TBH. Right now, Vegeta's Cold Star is looking good.

Slaythe

I'm on the fence of having a lot of assists.

On one hand it gives you complete freedom, but on the other we know perfectly well the kind of hell the balancing is going to be.

I think I'd prefer a game that's more balanced. :/

Two assists max pls.

Arched you need a Dragon Ball avatar again.

Sephzilla

Assuming his move set is decent I'm going to main Piccolo.

If Great Saiyaman or Hercule end up being Bang equivalents, I might learn them too

kewlmyc

Whether Goku Black ultimately gets in or not doesn't change the fact that he fights very differently than Goku. He's not just a variant.

Wasn't referring to Goku Black since he's technically a separate character. I would be cool with him being added. I'm talking about stuff like this:

24 Mandatory Characters:

Confirmed:
  1. SSJ Goku
  2. Super Vegeta
  3. Majin Buu
  4. Cell
  5. Freiza
  6. SSJ2 Teen Gohan

Mandatory:

1. Piccolo
  2. Krillin
  3. Kid Goku DB
  4. Kid Goku GT - Ability to transform to SSJ4
  5. Broly
  6. Bardock
  7. Future Gohan - 1 Arm
  8. DB Super version of Goku
  9. Future Trunks - Ability to transform into that struggle SSJB
  10. Goten
  11. Kid Trunks
  12. Ultimate/Adult Gohan - Saiyaman alt costume
  13. Tapion
  14. Black Goku
  15. 18
  16. Roshi
  17. Hit
  18. Tien

That's Bardock..

What does Bardock bring to the table other than having Goku's haircut?

Wasn't referring to Goku Black since he's technically a separate character. I would be cool with him being added. I'm talking about stuff like this:

What does Bardock bring to the table other than having Goku's haircut?

Pretty sure bardock doesn't fight like Goku...and I'm sure he has his own special attacks..

Quebaz

Can I get a mix of UB22 and Extreme Butouden (minues the clones) roster ? I don't really need anything else besides those.

jett

D-Member
Good choices.

All I ask for is Launch.

tumblr_static_filename_640_v2.gif
tumblr_lyu4c6MJML1ro1rkmo3_400.gif
tumblr_ogn8ejGIih1ufw8o4o1_500.png

Yes! More Dragonball content sure would be nice. But if I had to guess I'd say they're pandering to DBZ fans with this game and are going to give very few fucks about anything previous to that.

If we see characters like Launch, Tao Pai Pai or other Red Ribbon people I'll be pleasantly surprised

Slaythe

One cool thing about 17 is his ki barrier if it gives loads of defence could be great to bit out supers

Cell's barrier has slow startup and more range so that would be a nice alternative to have the small barrier focused on defense with fast start up.

Slaythe

99% chance for Broly and Bardock to make it?

Uhmmm.

CIjcPBO.gif

Where is Trunks in this picture?

Trunks is under Gohan.

I hate Broly and Bardock. And yet they are 99% guaranteed to make it in.

They have been in every single Dragon Ball game made the past 10 years. There's no hope for them not to make it in. They're gonna steal our roster spots.

Instead of wasting a slot for Goku Black Arc could have it where if Goku and Zamasu are on your team you can have Zamasu activate a special where he takes over Goku's body and becomes Black, with the downside being you now have one less character.

Balfour

I thought you were being sarcastic.

Why would I be? The fact is many fans like Bardock. And a lot like Broly, and he has no real character other than being a big baby

Instead of wasting a slot for Goku Black Arc could have it where if Goku and Zamasu are on your team you can have Zamasu activate a special where he takes over Goku's body and becomes Black, with the downside being you now have one less character.

That would still require them to make another character model, with alternate style moveset/combine moves from the characters, thus making animations, etc. They may as well make a new character at that point.

Fj0823

That is actually a really cool idea

rmanthorp

Ginyu with body swap gimmicks in a 'serious' fighting game would be such a riot. I want them to make it work.

I also want Tien and Chiaotzu as one character so I can get Chiaotzu in the game.

HardRojo

But they'd still have to create Black. It's just better to add him as his own character.

Slaythe

???

This is a terrible idea.

Black fights nothing like Goku so the amount of work to create the character is the same, he would still end up "wasting a slot", except you couldn't even select him right away.

It could be something to exploit in the future (not this idea exactly but that kind of thing).

Like Gohan's father son should only be possible if you had Goku in your team and he died.

I'd like to see in a sequel some unique combination moves. But i guess for balancing issues they couldn't do that here.

Balfour

???

This is a terrible idea.

Black fights nothing like Goku so the amount of work to create the character is the same, he would still end up "wasting a slot", except you couldn't even select him right away.

It could be something to exploit in the future (not this idea exactly but that kind of thing).

Like Gohan's father son should only be possible if you had Goku in your team and he died.

I'd like to see in a sequel some unique combination moves. But i guess for balancing issues they couldn't do that here.

Doing stuff like this would make certain characters more viable than others. Because you would need to make the form/team moves worth the cost and thus very strong unless everyone could do something like it

Ginyu with body swap gimmicks in a 'serious' fighting game would be such a riot. I want them to make it work.

I also want Tien and Chiaotzu as one character so I can get Chiaotzu in the game.
Chiaotzu existing only as a super for Tien just makes sense, and is almost definitely what they'll do.

That would still require them to make another character model, with alternate style moveset/combine moves from the characters, thus making animations, etc. They may as well make a new character at that point.

But they'd still have to create Black. It's just better to add him as his own character.
The Budokai games already did this. Gotenks and Vegito played way differently than Goku/Vegeta and Trunks/Goten.

Top Bottom