• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

It doesn't always work like that, unless you don't want DLC characters to ever get added & for the base game to be continuously delayed until they have no more ideas for characters.

There's no reason for Hit and Black to not be in the base game.

If Super characters are just DLC then this will suck.

Slaythe

There's no reason for Hit and Black to not be in the base game.

If Super characters are just DLC then this will suck.

Do you know how game dev works ?

They set out a budget, a time frame, and decide on the roster.

Depending on when that happened, Black wasn't even a thing.

So any addition, is part of the DLC budget. The lucky thing is that Bandai is very likely to provide a good DLC budget for the team, to allow more characters.

"buh wuh i hate dlc" we don't care. At least we get characters that were not gonna be in the game. It's not a case of them taking out content, and then selling it as DLC.

For once we get a quality DBZ game you can support it with a 5 dollars DLC for Black instead of crying, but that's my take on it.

If he is in day 1 that's great. If not whatever.

Wasn't there word recently that Yamcha's Japanese VA had some intense recording sessions recently? Was it specified to Yamcha or another one of the actor's characters?

Boke1879

Do you know how game dev works ?

They set out a budget, a time frame, and decide on the roster.

Depending on when that happened, Black wasn't even a thing.

So any addition, is part of the DLC budget. The lucky thing is that Bandai is very likely to provide a good DLC budget for the team, to allow more characters.

"buh wuh i hate dlc" we don't care. At least we get characters that were not gonna be in the game. It's not a case of them taking out content, and then selling it as DLC.

For once we get a quality DBZ game you can support it with a 5 dollars DLC for Black instead of crying, but that's my take on it.

If he is in day 1 that's great. If not whatever.

I read this in 17's voice

Hell no.

The two girls okay, but Cabba is such a waste of a character. Especially in a game that has ssj2 Gohan.
Its a 3vs3 team battle. I'd love to pick characters and make the team have some sort of theme or narrative behind it than just random character thrown together.

I also want all 3 android 16, 17, 18 in the game so I can make them a team.

I'm hoping that the anime will do something with Cabba soon. Because hes pretty boring as he is right now.

Slaythe

Am I the only one who wants the Great Saiyaman as a playable fighter?

No but that's not happening, he's not making it in over Ultimate Gohan.

Its a 3vs3 team battle. I'd love to pick characters and make the team have some sort of theme or narrative behind it than just random character thrown together.

I also want all 3 android 16, 17, 18 in the game so I can make them a team.

I'm hoping that the anime will do something with Cabba soon. Because hes pretty boring as he is right now.

Kale Caulifla Hit, here's your U6 themed team.

As you said, Cabba is currently worthless so a waste of a slot really.

cordy

Banned
Yeah the Super characters will be DLC if not saved for FighterZ 2 or rather FighterZ: Super. If Hit and Black don't make the base roster I see them and potentially 3 other characters being DLC and that won't be anything from the current arc. The current art people are perfect for a sequel.

Smart idea too, they'll be racking up them bucks on DLC and the sequel. It's great.

Fj0823

Yeah the Super characters will be DLC if not saved for FighterZ 2 or rather FighterZ: Super. If Hit and Black don't make the base roster I see them and potentially 3 other characters being DLC and that won't be anything from the current arc. The current art people are perfect for a sequel.

Smart idea too, they'll be racking up them bucks.

you mean SUPER Dragon Ball FighterZ

bubumiao

Nah given how ASW names their games I don't think so. They might name it Fighter Z: Super, FighterZ 2 or even FighterS: Super or something.

Shit, probably that last one knowing them.
They're not gonna drop the "Dragon Ball" from the title. I'm not sure if that's what you were suggesting or you didn't feel like typing it for each (hypothetical) iteration you listed.

cordy

Banned
They're not gonna drop the "Dragon Ball" from the title. I'm not sure if that's what you were suggesting or you didn't feel like typing it for each (hypothetical) iteration you listed.

That isn't what I was suggesting, it's obvious it'll be called "Dragon Ball" as that's what this series is, that's not debatable.

TreIII

No but that's not happening, he's not making it in over Ultimate Gohan.

You really don't think so? Saiyaman would at least stand to be much more unique both visually and gameplay-wise over Ult. Gohan.

I mean, for all the concern over possible Goku "clones" that may end up in the game, a Gohan that wore an orange gi and had a Kamehameha would be more of a disappointment, in my opinion.

patchday

man worst type of fans beg devs for an obscure character and complain they wont buy the game unless they don't get their way. um, I'm sure the devs are going to lose no sleep over the 1% of dudes that don't buy

guys

we need Kakunsa in the game
Dragon-Ball-Super-%C3%89pisode-102-133.jpg

patchday

What obscure character

I'm just gonna let it ride I guess. I might be cranky from a long day at work. Let's just say a certain post just triggered me. Granted it could be argued what the poster was requesting isn't 'obscure'

I'm just on Super #28.... but so far havent seen anyone I must have. I guess Beerus might be coo?

LotusHD

Banned
I'm just gonna let it ride I guess. I might be cranky from a long day at work. Let's just say a certain post just triggered me. Granted it could be argued what the poster was requesting isn't 'obscure'

I'm just on Super #28.... but so far havent seen anyone I must have. I guess Beerus might be coo?

Assuming you mean Goku Black, yea, not so much lol, but like you said, you're on #28, so naturally it wouldn't be that surprising if you saw him that way I guess.

And ya, Beerus should be a shoe-in, seeing as how Golden Frieza's in.

No lies detected. Her fight against
Android 17
in the newest episode of Super was pretty awesome.
Amen
See this is an obscure character.

Black is like the definition of Major Character.

I even expect him front and center in the "Villain half" of the cover art of many games to conw
Hey I'm not saying I won't buy the game if she isn't in.
But I would take her over any of the U6 Saiyans lol

Merged Zamasu is kinda lame. I honestly would rather have regular Zamasu.

Black is way better.

Edit: Ok thinking about that again I would take Merged over regular because of moveset things, but I enjoyed Zamasu himself more alone and I think his regular design is better.

DrDogg

Nah given how ASW names their games I don't think so. They might name it Fighter Z: Super, FighterZ 2 or even FighterS: Super or something.

Shit, probably that last one knowing them.

ASW is the developer, but Bandai Namco is the publisher. I would think it's on Namco to determine the titles of any games in the series. They might take input from ASW, but Namco would have final say.

man worst type of fans beg devs for an obscure character and complain they wont buy the game unless they don't get their way. um, I'm sure the devs are going to lose no sleep over the 1% of dudes that don't buy

I can understand wanting obscure characters. Most Dragon Ball games have the same popular characters included with minimal variation. It would be nice to see a niche character or two included to keep things fresh.

I can also see someone not buying the game without said niche character if they're not super into fighting games and don't care that ASW is the dev here. To them it would just be another DBZ game.

notaskwid

Off topic, but what would you guys say its thw best Dragon Ball game on PS3? I'm thinking about buying one and I'm inclining myself towards Raging Blast 2 considering I do like the Budokai Tenkaichi series on PS2. Any other recommendation? (Has to have at least Ultimate Gohan)

Off topic, but what would you guys say its thw best Dragon Ball game on PS3? I'm thinking about buying one and I'm inclining myself towards Burst Limit 2 considering I do like the Budokai Tenkaichi series on PS2. Any other recommendation? (Has to have at least Ultimate Gohan)

Raging Blast 2 is pretty fun.

Skronk

Banned
Fused Zamasu with the halo is on of the most Arc System Works ass characters I've ever seen in the anime, I'd say he's got a good chance.

Plus to those saying that we need Black for his unique moveset, who's to say that Fused Zamasu can't do all those moves too? Black can be in his intro that shows them fuse together.

LotusHD

Banned
Fused Zamasu with the halo is on of the most Arc System Works ass characters I've ever seen in the anime, I'd say he's got a good chance.

Plus to those saying that we need Black for his unique moveset, who's to say that Fused Zamasu can't do all those moves too? Black can be in his intro that shows them fuse together.

F. Zamasu has enough new moves where he doesn't need to ape Black's. Also since they seem to aim for accuracy judging by the characters we have so far, so they may not want to make assumptions and just simply stick to keeping Black's moveset to well, Black himself.

Black can be in his intro that shows them fuse together.
The should hug each other in the intro
Too recent for the base roster, just like the other Universe Survival arc characters. Maybe as DLC.
Yeah I can understand that. Even if Universe Survival arc characters made it to the game characters like Toppo, Jiren, Ribrianne, etc. would take priority.

I'm willing to wait for a Universe Survival arc focused game on the future :p

Top Bottom