• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

kewlmyc

gameplay wise kid Goku is fine, it's just I don't want another Goku since we already got SSB slots. I'm a little perplexed that they didn't give Vegeta/ Goku the SSB transformation as a Level 7 super.. I mean freeza does the same. That way you can add kid Goku and the roster feels fresh.

All the transformations should cost super bars, with SSJ3 having a short timer (even if it's just for aesthetics)

I'm going with the team is trying to represent each era properly. What we currently have in the game is the DBZ era, with hopefully Kid Goku or Roshi representing the DB era. Then SSB Goku and Vegeta representing the DBS era since the previews we've seen of them show them doing stuff that's only been in the DBS tv series (note that Golden Freeza and Beerus debuted in DBZ movies technically).

That or we're getting a Super DLC pack, with SSB Goku and Vegeta being the first part of that.

Slaythe you must be mad as fuck that 17 is just an assist for 18 in this.

Alternate Colors
vLatDom.png

YXe5Ddk.png

CvKArvr.png

EnGp0Xc.png

X44yKLA.jpg

I'm going to rock 18's color 2.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm going with the team is trying to represent each era properly. What we currently have in the game is the DBZ era, with hopefully Kid Goku or Roshi representing the DB era. Then SSB Goku and Vegeta representing the DBS era since the previews we've seen of them show them doing stuff that's only been in the DBS tv series (note that Golden Freeza and Beerus debuted in DBZ movies technically).

That or we're getting a Super DLC pack, with SSB Goku and Vegeta being the first part of that.

Yes, this has been noted many, many times lol

emb

The alt colors all in a clean diagram like that makes me want this game so much, haha. Everything so far looks so good.

gameplay wise kid Goku is fine, it's just I don't want another Goku since we already got SSB slots. I'm a little perplexed that they didn't give Vegeta/ Goku the SSB transformation as a Level 7 super.. I mean freeza does the same. That way you can add kid Goku and the roster feels fresh.

All the transformations should cost super bars, with SSJ3 having a short timer (even if it's just for aesthetics)

Giving every character an install would be hella boring. I'm fine with SSJB inclusions being separate.

That Yellow Jacket trunks tho?

I'm sad there is no blue jacket manga/super reference color. :( I like 18's color 2, but most of them are just kinda whatever. Hope we get some colors.

Skab

according to someone on reddit, QCF+ki blast for 18 is a destructo disc, and Krillin's senzu bean assist can be picked up by the enemy

Edit: Also you choose to bring Krillin in for 18s lvl 3 or not, if he's on your team

QCB>RT uses krillin in the accel dance instead of 17 if he's on your team

Trey

They did with 17 & 18 what I thought they were going to do with Goten and Trunks. Oh well, I'm fine with it either way.

Is it high? I dunno, other than Gotenks, I wouldn't expect him in this, not for the base roster anyways.

I think they're adding all the major players from across every DBZ arc. However, Vegito is usually preorder or dlc bait.. I think his chances are high pretty popular character.

From the Buu saga I'm expecting:
Mystic Gohan
Kid buu
Wishful thinking Videl & Saiyaman like 17&18.
Gotenks.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I'm more mad about the fact he has no move of his own in this and looks like a dwarf.

m4TPnK.jpg

-hes behind her
-hes not a dwarf, just slightly shorter than usual

I know this is important to you, but come on

Nezzhil

If they add Ginyu, I would be happy if they add to him some unique assist mechanic to be able to call the others Ginyu Special Force's members, or all of them as part of his moveset.

Just realized 17 was only a assist character in Extreme Butoden on 3DS too and it was also made by Arcsys.

Maybe we can get a indication what characters could have good chances to be included looking at that roster.

I can see them taking some characters from there and flesh them out since they have the opportunity now.

GA.02023.0019.jpg

Alienous

If they add Ginyu, I would be happy if they add to him some unique assist mechanic to be able to call the others Ginyu Special Force's members, or all of them as part of his moveset.

I get the feeling that could be really visually confusing in a 3 v 3 game. And I don't see them doing Ginyu without the Force to back him up. But they have to have some kind of Ginyu Force representation, otherwise Frieza becomes the sole representative of the saga.

Just realized 17 was only a assist character in Extreme Butoden on 3DS too and it was also made by Arcsys.

Maybe we can get a indication what characters could have good chances to be included looking at that roster.

I can see them taking some characters from there and flesh them out since they have the opportunity now.

GA.02023.0019.jpg

Yeah, I think it'll be this, but remove Raditz, Nappa,Ginyu & Bardock (maybe) and replace them with 16, Dabura, Hit, SSR Goku Black. Then remove most of the transformations (i.e. SSJ Adult Gohan) , and have SSB Goku and Vegeta (which is now confirmed).

Top Bottom