• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

bubumiao

Oh fuck!

Just opened my email, I got one. Even though earlier they sent me a rejection, so maybe it was because this was the email address I used the VIP code on? I have no idea, just keep checking your emails dudes!

HardRojo

Is there a fightstick layout? I've only seen pad layouts and it seems like there are too many buttons for the game to translate properly to stick. I don't want to have to use all 8 buttons on a stick to play DBFZ.

Spman2099

I didn't get in sadly. The past few months have been utter shit for me so I was kinda hoping this would brighten my life for a bit. What a bummer.

Jesus Christ, man. I came in here to do a little gloating, to rib some people a little, and you just took all the wind out of my sails...

Like... Jeez...

mooncakes

3/4 rejected
last Hope

IqO71RQl.png

Welp like I said earlier if anyone has an extra code Id be very happy and dont have to go outside to find all these dragonballs and make my wish to Shenlong :p.

Hmm... I hadn't thought about this before, but I think my stick layout is either gonna be...

L M H
S Z1 Z2

or

M H S
L Z1 Z2

The first one makes Super Dash awkward, the second one makes Ki Charge awkward. I can't picture Ki Charge being used much in a real match, so I'm leaning towards the second layout.

Was this game demoed with anything other than an X1 pad at conventions yet?

Brunire

Hmm... I hadn't thought about this before, but I think my stick layout is either gonna be...

L M H
S Z1 Z2

or

M H S
L Z1 Z2

The first one makes Super Dash awkward, the second one makes Ki Charge awkward. I can't picture Ki Charge being used much in a real match, so I'm leaning towards the second layout.

Was this game demoed with anything other than an X1 pad at conventions yet?

I am thinking this might be good:

M H Z1
L S Z2

or

L S Z1
M H Z2

Necessary combos:

L+M
L+S
M+H
H+S
Z1+Z2
L+M+H+S

Edit: I should add that I use the one finger/crossed finger technique to press buttons in a column.

I am thinking this might be good:

M H Z1
L S Z2

or

L S Z1
M H Z2

Necessary combos:

L+M
L+S
M+H
H+S
Z1+Z2
L+M+H+S

Edit: I should add that I use the one finger/crossed finger technique to press buttons in a column.

I've personally never liked using the 4 left-most buttons as attack buttons in 2D fighters. I'm fine with it in 3D, but it never gelled well with me in 2D. Especially for ArcSys fighters, I'm too used to having the attack buttons laid out in an arc rather than a square.

Top Bottom