• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Moaradin

Goten and Trunks would bring absolutely nothing new to the table. They have no moves of their own. Their only purpose in Dragon Ball (and this game) is Gotenks.

LordKasual

Banned
Goten and Trunks would bring absolutely nothing new to the table. They have no moves of their own. Their only purpose in Dragon Ball (and this game) is Gotenks.

This is a fighting game lol

There is a ton of things Goten and Trunks could bring to the table. Especially if they are both considered one character.

It's pretty easy to see what they'll do with Gotenks.

- Goten and Trunks fuse in their intro and then Gotenks goes SSj3
- Gotenks wins
- Gotenks boasts and then defuses to a laughing Goten and Trunks during their ending

Probably one of the most unique if not best intro to any character in the game thus far. That'll be amazing.

He's gotta do that dumb finger/nose gesture thing in his win pose before defusing for sure.

88random

Since noone expects this game to have a lot of characters, only Gotenks makes sense.

Btw, I hope they give Beerus this

4670202-tumblr_mjzdue5r9m1r72ht7o1_500.gif

kewlmyc

Since noone expects this game to have a lot of characters, only Gotenks makes sense.

Btw, I hope they give Beerus this

4670202-tumblr_mjzdue5r9m1r72ht7o1_500.gif

I guess Beerus will be your standard ASW "I'm too strong for this" fighter in the same vein as Slayer, Elizabeth, and Rachel, at least in terms of animations.

Moveset-wise, I could see:

Chopstick based counter or command grab
A finger flick which causes a wall bounce
A headbutt attack, probably his air ground bounce move
His vanish attack being a chop to the neck
Super that is a giant ball attack like Freeza
Super where he shoots ki-blasts throughout the screen while screaming with his hands in the air (like he did in the cave vs Goku)
Super (lv 3) that is his "hakai" or destruction move where he disintegrates the opponent (the opponent actually disintegrate if it kills the opponent). A command grab or short range like Trunks' Lv3.

Beerus is easily my most anticipated fighter in this.

Ferr986

This game is all about introducing characters with pretty defined moves, fanservice is a key on this game. With this in mind, Goten and Trunks don't really have any kind of defining move, while Gotenks have a lot of them.

TreIII

I know you already know this but for the sake of reminding you, there are references to the Goku Black arc all over this game. Ergo Magetta and Botamo are already fair game. Granted, I don't think they are popular enough to have a chance but they are available for the picking.

Admittedly, there's a part of me that has entertained them putting in the likes of Magetta or Botamo for this very reason. Botamo, especially, because it sounds like Arc could do various things for him that they did for Mr. Heart in HNK.

Sure, most people would probably wonder what the hell "a fat Winnie the Poo look-alike" is doing in a Dragonball game, but he'd actually be the kind of "WTF?!" pick that I wouldn't mind seeing.

DrDogg

16:00 to 16:45 – Dragon Ball FighterZ Superdreadnought Super Stage (Niconico, YouTube Domestic, YouTube in Chinese, Twitch in English, Twitch in Chinese) – Featuring Hikaru Midorikawa (Android 16 voice actor), one special guest, Tomoko Hiroki (Bandai Namco producer), and Arc System Works development staff.

http://gematsu.com/2017/09/tokyo-game-show-2017-live-stream-schedule

If Android 16's voice actor is there I think it'd be safe to say the special guest is Android 21's voice actor and we'll get a proper reveal of her there.

Since this is only on Nico Nico, we need an account to watch this right? I know it's free, but you have to navigate the Japanese account creation IIRC.

They can really do some unique shit with 21 gameplay wise. I hope she is playable.

I imagine she likely will be playable (or have no fight scenes in the story mode), but I think she means Bulma is a no go. I'd rather have Bulma than new Android.

I guess Beerus will be your standard ASW "I'm too strong for this" fighter in the same vein as Slayer, Elizabeth, and Rachel, at least in terms of animations.

Moveset-wise, I could see:

Chopstick based counter or command grab
A finger flick which causes a wall bounce
A headbutt attack, probably his air ground bounce move
His vanish attack being a chop to the neck
Super that is a giant ball attack like Freeza
Super where he shoots ki-blasts throughout the screen while screaming with his hands in the air (like he did in the cave vs Goku)
Super (lv 3) that is his "hakai" or destruction move where he disintegrates the opponent (the opponent actually disintegrate if it kills the opponent). A command grab or short range like Trunks' Lv3.

Beerus is easily my most anticipated fighter in this.

Why not just have it be like 16's level 3 super. It's a 1-shot, but then it has some interaction with Whis where maybe Beerus has to rest or get food and only has 1 hp or something.

Seesaw15

So, what are people's thoughts on Goten, Trunks, and Gotenks?

Are they gonna:

1) Make it like 18+17, where you pick one and the other is assist

2) Make it sort of like 17+18 except you're able to switch between them during battle through some mechanic

3) Exclude them and just put Gotenks in the game

4) Goten+Trunks with a Gotenks install

I really want Kid Goku in the game so I really don't want another tiny Goku but with less personality and no unique moves.

I'm getting tired of blonde guys so hopefully they do Might Mask.

cordy

Banned
Goten and Kid Trunks won't be in any of these games unless they somehow do things solely on their own in Super down the line. Gotenks is a different story as he's not only got a ton of great moves but he's got a great personality, a unique look, he's a smaller fighter and he's got the humor to his character which is a great addition. Gotenks is perfect for an ASW fighter.

TreIII

I love Magetta and actually really want him, but there's no chance. He's not even in Xenoverse yet.

I honestly think him not getting into Xenoverse was likely due to him being an extra large, unorthodox character that Dimps couldn't (or wouldn't) be bothered to make work in their current Xenoverse engine.

Not to say that increases his chances any for this title, but at the least, such a thing wouldn't impact Arc, any.

mas8705

It should be painfully obvious that Goten or Trunks on their own is a waste (as they are in Super), so the only way they can be feasible is if we had Gotenks on their own. The question would be more in terms of if it would be the base form, SSJ form, or even the SSJ3 form.

Part of me figures that it is likely going to be like Goku where they will go SSJ3 if they do their level 3.

---

The 16 interview on Saturday should be neat, although I do wonder if they would hold off on that information of "21 being playable" until the first public day or not. If anything, we might just get that info before the end of the week with a "TGS" trailer.

If this were a 1v1 fighter, you might could argue for Trunks and Goten together as a puppet character, and they could have an install super where they fuse.

That seems like asking for a lot in a 3v3 game though, so it's probably just going to be Gotenks.

Sephzilla

Yeah there's no way Mystic Gohan doesn't get in especially since he's getting a push again in DragonBall Super.

Really wish he'd be in his real dad's Gi though

Basketball

You want Super Buu? I wonder if we'll even get a Super Buu . . . Kid Buu seems like a safe bet though.
The game should have all 3
they have enough moves and are memorable enough to differentiate each other
e09aca3d695e7151fa9a02cef223b4c9c19fe4f4_hq.gif

tumblr_nue6hwVExO1rawb5do1_500.gif

LAaH7wv.gif

At least Buutenks , that way it would make sense for Vegito to be in. If those two are in than Gootenks is in no question.

Sephzilla

The game should have all 3
they have enough moves and are memorable enough to differentiate each other
e09aca3d695e7151fa9a02cef223b4c9c19fe4f4_hq.gif

tumblr_nue6hwVExO1rawb5do1_500.gif

LAaH7wv.gif

At least Buutenks , that way it would make sense for Vegito to be in. If those two are in than Gootenks is in no question.

Vegito also makes sense if
Goku Black
is in

I'd actually rather have Super Buu than Kid Buu to be honest. Super Buu was way more memorable to me

Top Bottom