• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Sephzilla

I think we're going to only get one more Goku in the game. And since Super content is showing up in the game I'm thinking it's going to be Goku Black, which means Bardock probably wont make the cut (yay!) and neither will DragonBall Goku (boo!).

Reasoning: Because one more Goku means you can have a team of Gokus, which is a nice cutoff point before things get too crazy.

rmanthorp

also I had a thought re: the fusion mechanic... What if Gotenks & Ultimate Gohan were in along with Super Buu and if you picked one of those two (or Piccolo) you could absorb them if you also selected Super Buu and get a powered up that character of Super Buu... That's the kinda dumb shit I'd love.

Neoxon

also I had a thought re: the fusion mechanic... What if Gotenks & Ultimate Gohan were in along with Super Buu and if you picked one of those two (or Piccolo) you could absorb them if you also selected Super Buu and get a powered up that character of Super Buu... That's the kinda dumb shit I'd love.
We suggested a similar idea for Goku & Vegeta becoming Vegito via a Level 7 super if they're on the same team. That said, as awesome as it would be, it's pretty unlikely.

rmanthorp

I think we're going to only get one more Goku in the game. And since Super content is showing up in the game I'm thinking it's going to be Goku Black, which means Bardock probably wont make the cut (yay!) and neither will DragonBall Goku (boo!).

Reasoning: Because one more Goku means you can have a team of Gokus, which is a nice cutoff point before things get too crazy.

Still strongly believing that picking Goku Blue will not let you pick SSJ Goku in the same team -- I figure it will work like EX characters in KOF13

Sesha

I hope there's at least another female (who is not Videl) so I can play all female teams, unless Mr. Satan is playable.

You can have those after I get Persona 5 Arena and a dedicated RWBY fighter.

I'd be okay with the former. The latter only if Emerald is playable.

emb

belay that, make the entire game goku.

lets get heart disease goku in here.

Goku roster:
Kid Goku
Kid Goku with a power pole based moveset
Kid Goku with nimbus moveset
23rd tournament Goku
Goku from that 1st movie, where he was an adult but still had the power pole
Goku using Kaio Ken
Goku resting in that rejuvenation chamber on Frieza's ship
SSJ Goku
Goku in those alien clothes (just blocks attacks w/ one finger and instant transmissions everywhere)
Heart disease Goku (lays in bed for full match until killed)
USSJ Goku
Goku while he was just staying super saiyan all the time passively before the cell games
Dead Goku
SSJ2 Goku
SSJ3 Goku
SSJ4 Goku
SSG Goku
SSB Goku
SSB 100X Kaioken Goku
Vegito
SSJ Vegito
Gogeta
Fat Gogeta
Goku Black
SSR Goku Black
Goten

DLC Gokus:
Bardock
Turles
GT Kid Goku
SSJ4 Gogeta

What about Dragon Ball Evolution Goku?

5159875-dragonball-evolution-goku-uniform.jpg

Alecs27

Neo Member
Goku roster:
Kid Goku
Kid Goku with a power pole based moveset
Kid Goku with nimbus moveset
23rd tournament Goku
Goku from that 1st movie, where he was an adult but still had the power pole
Goku using Kaio Ken
Goku resting in that rejuvenation chamber on Frieza's ship
SSJ Goku
Goku in those alien clothes (just blocks attacks w/ one finger and instant transmissions everywhere)
Heart disease Goku (lays in bed for full match until killed)
USSJ Goku
Goku while he was just staying super saiyan all the time passively before the cell games
Dead Goku
SSJ2 Goku
SSJ3 Goku
SSJ4 Goku
SSG Goku
SSB Goku
SSB 100X Kaioken Goku
Vegito
SSJ Vegito
Gogeta
Fat Gogeta
Goku Black
SSR Goku Black
Goten

DLC Gokus:
Bardock
Turles
GT Kid Goku
SSJ4 Gogeta
I wouldn't even be mad if they make a game with this roster. Every iteration of Goku is different from the other, and I really wanted an adult Goku based on the one from the Saiyan saga with the Genikdama T.T

Haha people honestly forgot about Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr and how they can go SSj despite being way less than half saiyan. God that ending was so dumb. I remember being legit salty. And there was that weird ass Goku Jr. movie.

I wonder if that was some failed marketing move to start up another Dragon Ball series that never took off?

i can't believe you punks are forgetting about Oozaru Goku

and Evolution Goku, the Goku responsible for pissing AT off so much he had to revive Dragonball.

A-V-B

Let's just make a Scribblenauts game where Goku is the only thing you're modifyfing, and then you send them off to fight each other

Santa Goku

Cthulhu Goku

Iron Goku

Bouncing Burning Bubblegum Baby Goku

I'd play the shit out of a Goku VS game. All versions of Goku on one half of the screen (think MvC style), everyone else on the other half.

Goku VS Anime All Stars
Goku VS Capcom
Goku VS Marvel
Goku VS DC​

And shit, if you really want to get real:

Goku VS Superman (all versions of Superman)​

NeonZ

Haha people honestly forgot about Goku Jr and Vegeta Jr and how they can go SSj despite being way less than half saiyan. God that ending was so dumb. I remember being legit salty. And there was that weird ass Goku Jr. movie.

I wonder if that was some failed marketing move to start up another Dragon Ball series that never took off?

Nah, that movie originally aired before the Super 17 arc, during a one month break for GT. If anything, maybe at some point they considered ending the series there. That movie certainly wasn't written with GT's actual ending in mind (they don't reference any villains appearing after Baby, even in a generic way, and have Goku's grave there, without any hints about him just disappearing like in GT's actual ending).

Mugy

I get excited thinking about the idle pose of Goku Black in FighterZ

He's going to be so damn good to play as if he makes the cut.

Neoxon

I get excited thinking about the idle pose of Goku Black in FighterZ

He's going to be so damn good to play as if he makes the cut.
Would he use a version of Goku's stance as Black picked up in the arc after fighting Goku early on?

Top Bottom