• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

labx

Banned
I'm going to repeat my question because it seems that no one read it.

Can anyone explain me the easy to use rank? SS= difficult, A= Easy? I don't understand it.

I'm going to repeat my question because it seems that no one read it.

Can anyone explain me the easy to use rank? SS= difficult, A= Easy? I don't understand it.
The ranking system PROBABLY goes like this, in descending order.

SSS
SS
S
A
B
C
D
E
F

That means that SSS would imply INCREDIBLY easy to play and D would mean Venom from Guilty Gear and F would mean puppet character from BlazBlue.

Giga Man

We aren't asking the right question, though. When will DaBlackGoku claim his much deserved spot in this roster?
What a blast from the past. I wish I could explore that site again, but it's gone, and the only remnants of it are in this blog and a few internet archives. I may be misremembering, but I remember seeing a black super saiyan Krillin with an afro. That was way back when I was in elementary school. I had a friend who printed out pictures to show me.

SSS
SS
S
A
B
C
D
E
F

That means that SSS would imply INCREDIBLY easy to play and D would mean Venom from Guilty Gear and F would mean puppet character from BlazBlue.

C seems to be the cutoff. The power graphics from the magazines are 1-5, and the power graphics from the site (through about 15 characters or so) has ranged from C to SS.

What a blast from the past. I wish I could explore that site again, but it's gone, and the only remnants of it are in this blog and a few internet archives. I may be misremembering, but I remember seeing a black super saiyan Krillin with an afro. That was way back when I was in elementary school. A friend of mine used to print out pictures and show them to me.

That's so sad that it's gone! I always get a kick out of when other people remember it haha. The SSj Afro Krillin certainly was a thing. I remember a lot of those sprites so vividly.

cordy

Banned
tumblr_nkwar5UD0U1tewmvro1_500.gif

It's almost time.

Trickster

How is repeatedly mentioning how thick/attractive people find 21 to be any better lol

Both are annoying, yes, but only one elicits eyerolls after awhile. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21 is still a pretty new announcement. The Goku Black gif spamming has been happening for weeks

Spman2099

While I do want kid Goku, I'd take Black over Kid Goku.

His moves are completely different than Goku's, minus dark pulse Kamehameha.

Just keep Goten as far away from this game as possible.

I haven't kept my position a secret, but even admitting that Goku Black is a fairly cool character, I think it is incredibly hard to argue for his inclusion over Kid Goku in terms of who deserves to get in. I really hope Kid Goku doesn't get snubbed.

Admittedly, I am 100% in at this point, as the boys made the cut. I just think Kid Goku seriously deserves a spot on the roster.

TreIII

What does everyone think of GT Pan? She was the only design from GT I really liked.

Would you welcome her in the game?

We need more ladies, but I could think of so many others I would rather have instead of her.

Videl (or Great Sayaiwoman/Great Saiyaman #2 with Great Saiyaman as an assist)
Towa
23rd Budokai Chi Chi

Any of those would delight me more.

LotusHD

Banned
a little bit of classy conversation can't hurt every now and then ;)

Um, whatever you say.

I haven't kept my position a secret, but even admitting that Goku Black is a fairly cool character, I think it is incredibly hard to argue for his inclusion over Kid Goku in terms of who deserves to get in. I really hope Kid Goku doesn't get snubbed.

Admittedly, I am 100% in at this point, as the boys made the cut. I just think Kid Goku seriously deserves a spot on the roster.

If Black makes it in though, it's not to snub Kid Goku though. He gets in because people wanted him in. Y'all are talking about who "deserves" it more, when I mean... it's between a new popular character from the new popular show, vs. a younger version of a character we already have, from an era of Dragon Ball that is often excluded, even moreso for a game with a limited roster such as this.

Talking about who "deserves it" honestly leads to discussions that can only go one way, as far as I'm concerned. Let's just hope he makes it in.

Kid Goku and DB Bulma both deserve a spot in the roster

Bulma, wat

cordy

Banned
What does everyone think of GT Pan? She was the only design from GT I really liked.

Would you welcome her in the game?

The only GT character besides Omega Shenron that should be in a later version of the game. Maybe SSj4 Goku but that's like a preorder character for FighterZ 3 thing type of thing.

labx

Banned

SSS
SS
S
A
B
C
D
E
F

Venom is a bitch to play... you are right.

edit: Anyone is going to buy a fightstick for this game?

LotusHD

Banned
If Kokonoe can make it in, then Bulma can make it in

besides Bulma is like the most important character in every iteration of Dragon Ball, in nearly every arc

It's more that he said DB Bulma.

As for her importance, well... said importance hasn't helped her very much over the years now has it...

Spman2099

If Black makes it in though, it's not to snub Kid Goku though. He gets in because people wanted him in. Y'all are talking about who "deserves" it more, when I mean... it's between a new popular character from the new popular show, vs. a younger version of a character we already have, from an era of Dragon Ball that is often excluded, even moreso for a game with a limited roster such as this.

Talking about who "deserves it" honestly leads to discussions that can only go one way, as far as I'm concerned.

That is pure insanity. Saying Kid Goku is just a "younger version of a character we already have" is quite possibly more disingenuous than calling Goku Black a Turles clone. Kid Goku fights COMPLETELY differently from Adult Goku.

However, I do agree with you that Kid Goku definitely deserves it more. Especially in a game with a limited roster. That is a solid point.

As for her importance, well... said importance hasn't helped her very much over the years now has it...

Sure. But this is also the first console Dragon Ball fighting game being handled by talented game devs with imagination. Her chances have never been better.

LotusHD

Banned
That is pure insanity. Saying Kid Goku is just a "younger of a character we already have" is quite possibly more disingenuous than calling Goku Black a Turles clone. Kid Goku fights COMPLETELY differently from Adult Goku.

However, I do agree with you that Kid Goku definitely deserves it more. Especially in a game with a limited roster. That is a solid point.

I'm not speaking from my viewpoint, just how people in general would view it, especially regarding a discussion about who "deserves" it, because people can't help but get nasty if it goes on for too long. The same way people unfamiliar with Black call him another Goku clone, or when people say that 17 and 18 are exactly the same. People enjoy being reductive.

EDIT:

And I didn't say who I thought deserved it more. I literally just implied I dislike stuff like that. That said, if I had to choose, then it would be Black.

Spman2099

I'm not speaking from my viewpoint, just how people in general would view it, especially regarding a discussion about who "deserves" it, because people can't help but get nasty if it goes on for too long. The same way people unfamiliar with Black call him another Goku clone, or when people say that 17 and 18 are exactly the same. People enjoy being reductive.

EDIT:

And I didn't say who I thought deserved it more. I literally just implied I dislike stuff like that. That said, if I had to choose, then it would be Black.

You are probably right about that, Lotus. Unfortunately, many people don't even realize that Dragon Ball is legit good and everything after it is some shade of bad. However, I agree with what you are saying; I hate how reductive some people can be!

As for talking about who "deserves it"... Honestly that leads to discussions that can only go one way, as far as I'm concerned. ;)

LordKasual

Banned
Sure. But this is also the first console Dragon Ball fighting game being handled by talented game devs with imagination. Her chances have never been better.

Yeah.

I don't think Arcsys would have to try very hard to make Bulma a character.

I can see her either fighting alongside some kind of android, or just being a zoner with alot of weapons

cordy

Banned
I'd say if we were to get anyone from DB it needs to be Roshi (albeit he can't fly so there's something, maybe a new mechanic for him like a jump mechanic) or DB Bulma. Still in Bulma's case it's a matter of design. I wonder which version of her they'd use looks-wise because there's a lot of looks for her that can get some respect.

Actually, Pilaf's gang in their robot would be a great character for DB now that I think about it.

MechaX

The fact that there is a real chance that the game itself may be in on the joke that is Yamcha sustains me even in these dark times.

JackelZXA

Frost could've had some cool poison moves if his damn needles were allowed in the TOP.

As he is, he's just Frieza with 3 poison moves

That said, I like Frost's color and design waaaaaaay more

Specially Form 1, Frost's looks way less busy and more elegant

5275330-pizap.com14663556860921.jpg

Frost in form 1 or 3 with poison moves would be a really good addition to DBZ Fighters. (Final Form could be a super i guess, I don't want his normal moves to be final form again though. 1 or 3 have so much potential for new shit)

Top Bottom