• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

nappa-is-very-happy.gif

Z was actually an overall pretty bad show that we forgave for all of its shortcomings because we were kids.

Saiyan arc to Namek arc was pretty great though.

Opa-Pa

Well that's an interesting turn of events lol.

Please give the rest of the Ginyu gang crazy assists as part of his moveset, I need them poses.

Make Nappa a grappler as well, I might actually main him.

At leas it sounds like Ginyu summons the Ginyu force for an attack.

Also the story sounds weird as fuck, gonna wait on a good translation before saying anything other than that.

cireza

Nappa can also summon one of the small alien creatures. Good potential for both characters, and I believe that they are good choices to close the parts from the beginning of Z to the end of Cell.

This would leave us with Buu arc characters, maybe one or two from OVA and one or two from Super.

RedEther

Only interested in Ginyu for the body change salt

Nappa is definitely the worst character reveal. I feel like he's not needed at all tbh

Ginyu and Nappa were never my favourite characters, but I can see why they'd be included. Still, next couple characters better tickle my fancy or else my interest will wane.

RocBase

damn how long are they gonna hold out that Gotenks reveal

Ginyu being in is cool though, Nappa....much less so, to say the least.

Karsha

I...dunno, if this game followed the Z story than Nappa and Ginyu are a big part of it but since the story seems to be a what if scenario than those 2 characters aren't needed, Id take movie villains over them anytime. Oh well, I guess Kid Buu and Ultimate Gohan/Gotenks are next .

ginyu i could be okay with.... but nappa? Really disappointed honestly, even recoom in term of big buffed guy had way more interesting moves

i'm sure they will be cool to play, it's arcsys, but eh...

If the game ends up with the 24 characters previously speculated and nothing more, here is my hope.

November reveal - Gotenks and Kid Buu
December reveal - Beerus and Ultimate Gohan, announcement that 21 will be a free DLC character for a short time after launch.
January - Hit and Black.

But I just know Broly and Bardock will be shoved in here and I'd love to see Vegetto and Roshi, so hopefully the game launches with more than 24 characters.

Nappa deserves a spot, I don't think that can be argued especially as another big body fighter. Ginyu has transcended Z into Super, so he's a great pick imo.

I hated Jiren in the beginning, but he's so stereotypical badass and over the top powerful that it's like reversed around into me loving him.

Dude overpowered TIME ITSELF by glaring.
Fucking SAME. I felt similarly about Jiren as others who dislike him now do, but he's so goddamn ridiculous strong that it's overwhelming as a fan and I cannot wait to see what they do next. Haven't felt this way about any antagonist ever, really. Even with Frieza I was like, "Alright, Goku's gonna do some shit and win." With Jiren though, I'm sitting here thinking something crazy has to happen for it to feel good other than just another Goku victory, which it'll probably end up being anyway but that's besides the point lol.

The conclusion to this isn't written in stone like with other arcs imo, but who knows.. maybe I'm deluding myself and Goku will go UI again to win the tourney.
I actually kinda agree with this and think it's a continual problem with Super. The badguys show up and almost immediately fight Goku/Vegeta. In past series there were always mooks to go up against first which helped build up the final boss a bit better.

I still enjoy Super, but completely understand this criticism.
Super has done a great job with the Z fighters, keeping them relevant in a universe where they should have no relevance whatsoever. What the hell would Krillin do against someone like Jiren? Can't reasonably show these characters job against the new super powers, so by having them fight new characters tangential to the main threats has felt good.

Tsunamo

If the game ends up with the 24 characters previously speculated and nothing more, here is my hope.

December reveal - Beerus and Ultimate Gohan, announcement that 21 will be a free DLC character for a short time after launch.
January - Hit and Black.

But I just know Broly and Bardock will be shoved in here and I'd love to see Vegetto and Roshi, so hopefully the game launches with more than 24 characters.
You know what, i'd be perfectly okay with that. I just want a couple of Super characters and I don't really mind all that much where the rest of the roster goes.

Neoxon

January - Hit and Black.

I’m honestly not too sure about Broly & Bardock on Day 1 at this point. I’ve had my doubts for Broly on Day 1 for a while. But by that logic, Bardock would also be great DLC bait. I agree on the rest, though.

Neoxon

With Napa and Ginyu confirmed.
My guess is that Super characters will be next.
It'll probably be Buu Saga next, then the Super characters.
Gotenks, Adult Gohan and Kid Buu first

THEN the Super chars will roll, and it'll be great.
What he said. Though given that we've gotten reveals in pairs as of late, DBFZ going Kid Buu/Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan/Beerus, & Hit/Goku Black for the remaining reveals would also make sense (leaving 21, if she's playable, as a last-minute surprise).

Gotenks, Adult Gohan and Kid Buu first

THEN the Super chars will roll, and it'll be great.

It'll probably be Buu Saga next, then the Super characters.

What he said. Though given that we've gotten reveals in pairs as of late, DBFZ going Kid Buu/Gotenks, Ultimate Gohan/Beerus, & Hit/Goku Black for the remaining reveals would also make sense (leaving 21, if she's playable, as a last-minute surprise).
Oh I forgot about Buu saga. My bad.
I hope it's Saiyanman Gohan. There's too much orange gi already in the game.

RocBase

This...kinda checks out, assuming 24 is our roster number.

Pompadour

I had watched the first 13 episodes of the original Dragon Ball (because that's all that was dubbed) before DBZ started so I didn't know who anybody but Roshi, Bulma, Goku, and Yamcha were, essentially. More importantly, I didn't know that nearly all of them had already died and were wished back so it was pretty insane to watch all these important characters get slaughtered by a burly bald dude with a Fu Manchu. It was DBZ's version of the Eclipse for me.

tl;dr Nappa is the best.

PSlayer

New prediction(got it right about nappa and ginyu btw):

November: Gotenks and Adult Gohan
December: Buu(super buu transformation) and Vegito(SSJ transformation)
January: Kid buu and Beerus.

Kusagari

If they're going to put non-canon characters in they've got Cooler, Janemba, Tapion, Broly, etc. to pull from the movies.

Keep GT trash out.

Top Bottom