• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Neoxon

Guessing Gotenks, Adult/Ultimate Gohan, Kid Buu, Hit, Goku Black and another Super character (not really familiar with Super).
You forgot everyone's favorite God of Destruction, Beerus.

But yeah, Beerus & the 5 you mentioned are who I expect to be the final 6.

LordKasual

Banned
I really don't think they should put Beerus in the game yet.

ASW should pull a Jubei/Nine/Terumi and wait before they bring out the literal gods.

Scotia

Banned
You forgot everyone's favorite God of Destruction, Beerus.

But yeah, Beerus & the 5 you mentioned are who I expect to be the final 6.

Yeah I completely forgot about Beerus, someone corrected me as well after I made that post. And yeah, Beerus and the other five is pretty much who I think will round out the roster.

Neoxon

ASW should pull a Jubei/Nine/Terumi and wait before they bring out the literal gods.
As ArchedThunder said, Beerus has been in every Dragon Ball game since his introduction. He's hella popular, & people would be legit pissed if he got left out of the base roster.

4T6jzCk.gif

Balfour

These 4 should be in the final game. It would really suck if they are not

Gotenks
Ultimate Gohan
Kid Buu
Beerus

Nappa and Ginyu are cool, although a little underwhelming together.

Neoxon

These 4 should be in the final game. It would really suck if they are not

Gotenks
Ultimate Gohan
Kid Buu
Beerus

Nappa and Ginyu are cool, although a little underwhelming together.
Of the final 6, I don't see much objection to those 4. It's the two afterwards that I'm starting to see some debate over. Some said Hit & Black, some said Broly & Black, & others (rmanthorp, for example) said Roshi & Broly.

My doubts over Broly on Day 1 aside, it'll be interesting to see how the roster shakes out.

I-hate-u

Of the final 6, I don't see much objection to those 4. It's the two afterwards that I'm starting to see some debate over. Some said Hit & Black, some said Broly & Black, & others (rmanthorp, for example) said Roshi & Broly.

My doubts over Broly on Day 1 aside, it'll be interesting to see how the roster shakes out.

I hella object to kid Buu and U.Gohan.

LordKasual

Banned
He's been in every Dragon Ball game since his introduction.

And he's been pretty lacking in every single one. Unlike the other characters and villians, Beerus hasn't really been shown going all out yet. I feel like he's a character that would be better fit for a few expansions in, when they can better develop a moveset around him.

I mean they could easily make an interesting moveset around what has currently been shown in the anime, but i feel like it'd be better to wait until the roster is more fleshed out so they can really put him in a niche spot.

This is how Blazblue has handled most of their "endgame"-tier story characters, it works out pretty well in making them feel unique from the cast.

I mean that probably isn't going to happen, but yeah

And he's been pretty lacking in every single one. Unlike the other characters and villians, Beerus hasn't really been shown going all out yet. I feel like he's a character that would be better fit for a few expansions in, when they can better develop a moveset around him.

I mean they could easily make an interesting moveset around what has currently been shown in the anime, but i feel like it'd be better to wait until the roster is more fleshed out so they can really put him in a niche spot.

This is how Blazblue has handled most of their "endgame"-tier story characters, it works out pretty well in making them feel unique from the cast.

I mean that probably isn't going to happen, but yeah
Him not having gone full out is perfect for his moveset, it fits his personality.

TreIII

Him not having gone full out is perfect for his moveset, it fits his personality.

Exactly.

And I have confidence that Arc could really give him the "Slayer" treatment, in full. Even a "knock out" would just be him getting ready to take a nap and maybe have Whis warp him away.

Playsage

Star Wars was a fucking strong brand after and during the prequels too. But people will still tell you TFA revived the franchise or something because it got people talking about it again

Same applies here

Which is not the same as a metaphor for "came back from the dead"

But I should know better than to react at your Super hyperboles

jokes on me.

Really intrigued by both selections, especially Ginyu. The closer we get to release, I expect these picks to start favoring end-of-Z/Super or completely out of left field characters. I only see two absolute locks: Beerus and Ultimate Gohan. A second Buu form is likely, but hard to say whether that will be Kid or Super Buu.

My expectations for the rest of the base roster are:
Gohan (Ultimate/Buu saga)
Gotenks
Kid Buu
Beerus
Hit
Black
Vegito (SSGSS)

That would round the roster out at 24, which I don't think would be unreasonable for a game based on a brand of this caliber. Expecting Black and Vegito to be the very last reveals.

Hell yeah Nappa! Can't wait to see how he looks in motion. Also I'm not the biggest Ginyu fan but I'm interested in his move set with him calling the other Ginyu Force for assist. Can't wait to see how it works.

I-hate-u

not the Kid you'd pick first then?

I'd love Kid Goku I just don't see it working... IDUNNO

ALL for DB love tho! Got real burned when they said no Tao Pai Pai...

Yeah Tao is amazing. Not only the first ever to have Goku shook, but he kills with his freaking tongue, whips his hair to knock you down, deflects bullets with his slipper, and travels on a pillar that he throws. I am salivating of the move-list potential just thinking about him.

Yeah Tao is amazing. Not only the first ever to have Goku shook, but he kills with his freaking tongue, whips his hair to knock you down, deflects bullets with his slipper, and travels on a pillar that he throws. I am salivating of the move-list potential just thinking about him.

#TaoForDLC

TreIII

#TaoForDLC

Hell yeah.

Of all the people who would probably be jumping at the chance for a meaningful "Artificial Human" style upgrade so that they can get revenge on Goku and pals, Tao would definitely be among the first I could imagine lining up for such. He and Shen probably have the money for to give Cybernetic Tao another upgrade!

Fj0823

Which is not the same as a metaphor for "came back from the dead"

But I should know better than to react at your Super hyperboles

jokes on me.

I mean...the post you quoted is me admiting it was hyperbole

Vegito would work much better as Base or SS, and have his Ultimate be him turning SSB and using his one new move from Super.

latest

Tao Pai Pai also foreshadowed what DBZ will be all about, and in a way started Power Levels, it was the beginning of stupid.

https://youtu.be/uPwVuC3YOrc?t=25m26s

cordy

Banned
Here's what I predict now

Final 6

- Ultimate Gohan
- Gotenks
- Kid Buu
- Beerus
- Hit
- Black

DLC

- Broly
- Bardock
- DBS Future Trunks
- SSB Vegetto
- Merged Zamasu

And hypothetically say we get a sequel 2-3 years from now with 15 extra characters

Dragon Ball FighterZ: Super Edition
- ToP 17
- Roshi
- Toppo
- Dyspo
- Caulfila
- Kale
- Ribrianne
- Jiren
- UI Goku
- ???
- ???
- ???
- ???
- ???
- ???

I'm guessing the ??? will be characters who haven't been shown yet in the anime or haven't done enough yet. Hypothetically if a sequel hits like say in 2020, those 6 will be shown either this year or next year if everything works out.

Neoxon

Here's what I predict now

Final 6

- Ultimate Gohan
- Gotenks
- Kid Buu
- Beerus
- Hit
- Black

DLC

- Broly
- Bardock
- DBS Future Trunks
- SSB Vegetto
- Merged Zamasu

And hypothetically say we get a sequel 2-3 years from now with 15 extra characters

Dragon Ball FighterZ: Super Edition
- ToP 17
- Roshi
- Toppo
- Dyspo
- Caulfila
- Kale
- Ribrianne
- Jiren
- UI Goku
- ???
- ???
- ???
- ???
- ???
- ???

I'm guessing the ??? will be characters who haven't been shown yet in the anime or haven't done enough yet. Hypothetically if a sequel hits like say in 2020, those 6 will be shown either this year or next year if everything works out.
That's a lot of Saiyans in your DLC section (sans Merged Zamasu, or maybe not considering that he's half Saiyan like Trunks). I generally agree with you, it's just something that I noticed.

cordy

Banned
That's a lot of Saiyans in your DLC section (sans Merged Zamasu, or maybe not considering that he's half Saiyan like Trunks). I generally agree with you, it's just something that I noticed.
I think Broly and Bardock will either be in the base or dlc and given the low slots I can see DLC. They might be in the base but idk. The others are for the rest of the Future Trunks Arc to fill it out.

Neoxon

I think Broly and Bardock will either be in the base or dlc and given the low slots I can see DLC. They might be in the base but idk. The others are for the rest of the Future Trunks Arc to fill it out.
I've suspected Broly (& Bardock, but he wasn't brought up as often as Broly) as DLC due to how Bandai Namco usually operates & how Broly would be easy DLC bait. It's not that I disagree with your list, it was only an observation that I was making.

cordy

Banned
I've suspected Broly (& Bardock, but he wasn't brought up as often as Broly) as DLC due to how Bandai Namco usually operates & how Broly would be easy DLC bait. It's not that I disagree with your list, it was only an observation that I was making.
What I really wonder is how many dlc characters we will get because if it's a large amount that's a positive. Sadly, I had to push Roshi back to the sequel. I don't think he's making that dlc.

Neoxon

What I really wonder is how many dlc characters we will get because if it's a large amount that's a positive. Sadly, I had to push Roshi back to the sequel. I don't think he's making that dlc.
Which would be a damn shame if we had to wait that long for Roshi, but I guess that we can’t get everyone as soon as we’d like.

mooncakes

Nappa and Ginyu details

Nappa
Plant Saibamen seeds and they will attack with various attacks including self destruct

Lvl3
Kappa
After floating the opponent gently with an uppercut, Nappa unleashes an extremely strong beam from his mouth

Ginyu
Call the rest of the Ginyu Force with a special button! You can change the move they perform with different commands. It's like playing 5 different characters?

Lvl3
Body Change
Switch characters and health with your opponent!

Top Bottom