• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

I still doubt we will get Ultimate/Mystic Gohan. I imagine Cell Games Gohan (Known as teen gohan in previous DBZ games) is what we are getting.

I don't think it will be MYSTIC GOHAN or whatever

but we're definitely going to get a present day Gohan. The story is based around the RoF time period and seems to involve all the Z Fighters alive then. It'd be weird if Gohan wasn't present. Even though the last thing you want in a game stressing moveset diversity is two Gohans.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had a Saiyaman variant instead

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It would be hilarious though if you could combo into it XD

I'll main him *and every character in response as that will be required* if you can. That's just too op of a trump card not to.

At the end of the day if that's a thing EVERYONE needs to learn captain ginyu so they dont have a dead weight character when the swap happens because unlike xenoverse stuff where it's fairy basic this while on the simplier side of things compared to other asw games up front will still be a lot less pick up and play friendly in the heat of the moment

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'll main him *and every character in response as that will be required* if you can. That's just too op of a trump card not to.

At the end of the day if that's a thing EVERYONE needs to learn captain ginyu so they dont have a dead weight character when the swap happens

Hahaha, yeah. I'm not sure if it'll be really really funny in tournament play, or really really fucking annoying. Multiple back and forth body changes might be hype.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Hahaha, yeah. I'm not sure if it'll be really really funny in tournament play, or really really fucking annoying. Multiple back and forth body changes might be hype.

Well the thing is the body swap wouldnt happen until the player was probably under 30% life vs a 50% life or greater character because the goal is to swap then open them up for a kill if the other dude was low already say 50% comboing into it for 3 meters might not even be worth it if ginyu has a good moveset too

Neoxon

but we're definitely going to get a present day Gohan. The story is based around the RoF time period and seems to involve all the Z Fighters alive then. It'd be weird if Gohan wasn't present. Even though the last thing you want in a game stressing moveset diversity is two Gohans.

Going by the Future Trunks arc stage, I'd say it's more around the time-period of that arc (or maybe after with some time-traveling bullshit involved).

HardRojo

It'd be kind of nuts if you could keep the combo going after body swap, so that you'd switch your low HP for the opponent's and finish them off after swapping lol. That shit would be sick!

Opa-Pa

I don't know why, but I have the impression that they'll keep this the "cleanest" roster in a DB fighter in years, so I was hoping for no Broly and company.

Then again they could go full Dimps and add him, Cooler, SS4 Goku and Vegeta and white dragon guy lol, who knows.

Gohan has a variable on the site's code, along with Buu. We're getting second versions of them.

👌👌👌

Doing body swap will be hella disrespectful if you're in the lead lmao.

Like a 3v1 situation where you body swap with their last char (preferably at full/high health).

I don't know why, but I have the impression that they'll keep this the "cleanest" roster in a DB fighter in years, so I was hoping for no Broly and company.

Broly could be in.

I kinda think he won't be though. If this is sticking to Dragonball that leads into Super and picking a roster that's consistent with the story in that continuity, then Broly doesn't exist in that world.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wonder if 21 is supposed to be the last boss. ASW does love having female final bosses

Justice
Dizzy
I-no
Ramlethal
Nu-13
Mu-12
Izanami TWICE *kinda*
Nine
Shadow lambda

Neoxon

Who cares? It means the same thing for the likelihood of an older Gohan.
Ah, though most think of Ultimate Gohan as he would probably go with the Buu Saga theme that some are theorizing for an upcoming set of reveals. If you're gonna do older Gohan, might as well go for his Mystic/Ultimate form.

Ah, though most think of Ultimate Gohan as he would probably go with the Buu Saga theme that some are theorizing for an upcoming set of reveals. If you're gonna do older Gohan, might as well go for his Mystic/Ultimate form.

Yeah but I mean the point is that they need a Gohan that fits into the story I believe. Not another anachronistic version of him. They have that with Cell Games Gohan.

They even went ahead with a present day version of Yamucha, who doesn't even fight in RoF or Super at all lol

cordy

Banned
If I remember right some info was revealed on the site a while back that had Gohan named "Gohan-Y" which hinted towards there being another Gohan. Y probably stands for "youth." Same thing with Buu but I believe he had a different letter. Only a matter of time tbh.

brinstar

If I remember right some info was revealed on the site a while back that had Gohan named "Gohan-Y" which hinted towards there being another Gohan. Y probably stands for "youth." Same thing with Buu but I believe he had a different letter. Only a matter of time tbh.

Yltimate Gohan confirmed

TreIII

Wonder if 21 is supposed to be the last boss. ASW does love having female final bosses

Justice
Dizzy
I-no
Ramlethal
Nu-13
Mu-12
Izanami TWICE *kinda*
Nine
Shadow lambda

Pretty much counting on that, honestly. What better way to have a new character to the DB lore leave a lasting impression than not only have them pound Goku and Vegeta into the dirt, but have her looking cute while doing so?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Kid buu is the scariest thing in Dragon Ball tbh

513WAC2EJML.jpg

e0zTKfp.gif

If you think about his body features irl too it's even more fucked up and nightmare inducing.

When people bring up kid buu it's almost always with footage of him when he's fucking around or being silly in fights. Him angry is legit scary shit and in db of all things

Yeah but I mean the point is that they need a Gohan that fits into the story I believe. Not another anachronistic version of him. They have that with Cell Games Gohan.

They even went ahead with a present day version of Yamucha, who doesn't even fight in RoF or Super at all lol

To be fair, this is Gohan at the end of the Goku Black arc since he started training with Piccolo around that time.

513WAC2EJML.jpg

If you think about his body features irl too it's even more fucked up and nightmare inducing.

When people bring up kid buu it's almost always with footage of him when he's fucking around or being silly in fights. Him angry is legit scary shit and in db of all things

Would be amazing if he grabbed you like Piccolo with his antenna

LotusHD

Banned

513WAC2EJML.jpg

There was this one thread a week or two ago, they made a damn good case for Imperfect Cell being the scariest.

Ginyu is actually pretty cool since he's coming with the whole Ginyu Force and has body change. However, I just for the life of me can't be excited for Nappa.

I also expect Kid Buu and Ultimate Gohan to be locks at this point since they were in Extreme Butoden.

Hit is still the character I want the most at this point and he'll be an instant main the second he gets announced.

Daingurse

513WAC2EJML.jpg

Fat Buu is scarier IMO. It's the child-like innocence juxtaposed with his cruel and malicious nature that creeps me out.

Kid Buu is a monster, and extremely dangerous, but he didn't really intimidate me like his previous forms. While Evil Fat Buu disturbs me lol.

Crocodile

But Ultimate Gohan IS current Gohan. That's the version of Gohan that fighting in the current DBS arc - he reclaimed Ultimate mode recently.

Apparently the scan says "There are still plenty more characters!" or something along those lines, wonder if they mean there is still a fair amount of characters to reveal. 6 is a decent enough number on it's own, regardless.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
There was this one thread a week or two ago, they made a damn good case for Imperfect Cell being the scariest.

Imperfect Cell was just a generic horror movie monster, the life draining of citties was fucked up. I'd say Imperfect cell was the most fucked up not so much scariest
Fat Buu is scarier IMO. It's the child-like innocence juxtaposed with his cruel and malicious nature that creeps me out.

Kid Buu is a monster, and extremely dangerous, but he didn't really intimidate me like his previous forms. While Evil Fat Buu disturbs me lol.
Fat Buu was just weird to me, I didn't really feel creeped out he was mostly pretty dorky to me, it didnt help that he became buddies with hercule pretty quickly after he was introduced

LotusHD

Banned
Imperfect Cell was just a generic horror movie monster, the life draining of citties was fucked up. I'd say Imperfect cell was the most fucked up not so much scariest

Yea but since all these villains can kill you easily, it'd admittedly is damn terrifying having to be sucked up like that, not to mention Imperfect Cell is ugly

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yea but since all these villains can kill you easily, it'd admittedly is damn terrifying having to be sucked up like that, not to mention Imperfect Cell is ugly

Imperfect cell is ugly in the way he looks like a giant bug man which is bound to fuck with peoples fears, Buu looks like a demon, the the holes in his body and the eyes that push him over for me

cordy

Banned
Ultimate Gohan is the best version of Gohan they can pick besides the current one in the game. That one fills out the Buu Saga. That one fills out current Gohan in Super. That's the one that's always given the shine in these other DB games. You gotta go with that one.

Because honestly, if it's not this Gohan now? It'll be in the next game and that's a slot that could go towards somebody else.

Top Bottom