• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Wait

Vs Cell Gohan was 10????

What the fuck

In the beginning of DB Gohan looked like he was 3 or 4 to me. I think a year passed or something and then he was 5. I don't remember how long it took to get to Namek, but he looked a little bit older then. After that he went into the Hyperbolic Time chamber with Goku and aged 7 years I think, so he could have been technically 10 years old, because he's been on Earth for ten years, but hit puberty and had the body of a teen while in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. If I remember right, Trunks also ages a little after he comes out. This explains why Gohan was still in high school during the Buu saga despite having the body of a grown man.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
In the beginning of DB Gohan looked like he was 3 or 4 to me. I think a year passed or something and then he was 5. I don't remember how long it took to get to Namek, but he looked a little bit older then. After that he went into the Hyperbolic Time chamber with Goku and aged 7 years I think, so he could have been technically 10 years old, because he's been on Earth for ten years, but hit puberty and had the body of a teen while in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. If I remember right, Trunks also ages a little after he comes out. This explains why Gohan was still in high school during the Buu saga despite having the body of a grown man.

The Chamber is one day for one year, if I remember correctly, and it could only be used twice per person. Gohan only spends one year in it.

Zubz

Banned
I thought he's not allowed to fight tho lol

He has no business fighting in the current arc.

Whis is forbidden from fighting in the Tournament of Power, just like the other angels, as well as the GoD's & Kai. That said, I thought half of us here were expecting
this arc to go deeper than just the ToP, with many people expecting the Grand Priest & angels to be involved with the greater plot. Regardless of the side Whis takes, he'll likely be fighting if his "Top 5 in the Multiverse" tier dad gets into the fray.

Plus, either way, we've seen him fight. This would just further justify him making it into the game if we see him in a non-sparring battle.

LotusHD

Banned
Whis is forbidden from fighting in the Tournament of Power, just like the other angels, as well as the GoD's & Kai. That said, I thought half of us here were expecting
this arc to go deeper than just the ToP, with many people expecting the Grand Priest & angels to be involved with the greater plot. Regardless of the side Whis takes, he'll likely be fighting if his "Top 5 in the Multiverse" tier dad gets into the fray.

Plus, either way, we've seen him fight. This would just further justify him making it into the game if we see him in a non-sparring battle.

I thought they're only really allowed to train others, but in terms of just fighting casually or whatever, they can't. At least, unless it's an extremely serious threat that others can't handle. So regarding your spoilers,
I don't see a scenario in where Angels and gonna start duking it out lol

TreIII

The customization feature just opened up so many possibilities that you were gimping yourself by not using it, things like Super cancels were a vital thing that you needed to have and some characters benefited a lot from their optional moves. It only really sucked because it took so much time before you got to the end of the skill tree, because they managed to balance the whole thing out for everyone.

It was gimping, yes, but it was the only way we could think of to avoid headaches.

That aside...I really should dig that game back out again, after I finish this move...

If Super Saiyan Blue ends up being in for Goku and Vegeta, I'm hoping it'll be a 5 or 6 meter transformation. That would be better than a separate slot.

Only problem? Cell/Buu-era SSJ Goku doesn't do things like this:

c8f2d028133a61addc5200cf48214574.gif

Throw in Kaioken as an install, and he'd already stand to be different enough from SSJ Goku. And that's not including what other things Arc may do to make the differences clearer.

I need Whis to be there. We've mostly seen him dodge, but he's one of my favorite characters regardless. I only hope he finally gets to fight in the current arc.

Thats my main problem with Whis as a fighter, he hasn't fought yet, not really. Not this arc, but maybe next arc we get angels and gods fighting

RocBase

I'm fine with only one Gohan in the game. He was the best in the Cell saga and if that means we will get more other unique characters instead of another Gohan im all for it.

Yeah same. For the most part I could roll with whatever character they dump in the base roster (even with guys like the Ginyu Force or movie characters). Literally the only things I'm against is having the same character in different forms and having the roster lopsided with Saiyans. This includes fusions, but I'm all for Gotenks being in by virtue of how unique he is. He could be a looooooot of fun lol

Village

How could he have been 10 looking like that when Goku I think was 12 during the first Martial Arts tournament and he looked 7?

Different art style

Everyone was short and fat in dragonball OG, even skinner characters like bulma were rather short more like their current short skinny incarnations

And the end of the dragonball OG era things stated looking Z-ish, people got taller , even krillin because the art style changed. The art style changed again now, and people got shorter and skinner instead of short and fat

OG dragon ball in style was more similar to his previous work Dr.Slump

Different art style

Everyone was short and fat in dragonball OG, even skinner characters like bulma were rather short more like their current short skinny incarnations

And the end of the dragonball OG era things stated looking Z-ish, people got taller , even krillin because the art style changed. The art style changed again now, and people got shorter and skinner instead of short and fat

OG dragon ball in style was more similar to his previous work Dr.Slump

I thought Krillin got taller because he got older. Yamcha and Tien always looked the same though.

That was pretty funny how Goku shot up like 3 feet in the Piccolo arc.

Village

I thought Krillin got taller because he got older. Yamcha and Tien always looked the same though.

That was pretty funny how Goku shot up like 3 feet in the Piccolo arc.

He also got taller because he got older, but its also because of an art style change. Because like now when it changed again, he looks a lot more like a child, than a very short man.

Yamcha was also shorter, Tien, looked more or less the same because he came in when the change started happening, so when goku finally grew it wasn't really much to do. Whats funny is, there are still characters in the dragon ball style in that world though

Yajirobe and Korin definitely still look like dragon ball characters

petghost

Banned
i dno very much about dragon ball but it seems like arc got to walk a tight rope to a certain extent with these characters cuz they have a history of extreme character diversity/ character specific mechanics etc. and it seems like dragon ball fans favorite characters or the most important characters on the show are somewhat similar.

so as a fg fan and not a dbz fan i hope they choose at least a couple chars who break the mold no matter how obscure they might be or maybe re-imagine some characters to some extent for the sake of variety even if that upsets some dbz fans.

J-Skee

Only problem? Cell/Buu-era SSJ Goku doesn't do things like this:

Throw in Kaioken as an install, and he'd already stand to be different enough from SSJ Goku. And that's not including what other things Arc may do to make the differences clearer.

I don't think that's enough to warrant another character slot. Yeah, the punch is cool & would be nice fan service, but I'm sure that's something he's capable of doing without having to transform. Kaioken is another he's done since the Saiyan Saga. I have yet to see the SSB form add any new techniques to his or Vegeta's moveset.

Real Hero

i dno very much about dragon ball but it seems like arc got to walk a tight rope to a certain extent with these characters cuz they have a history of extreme character diversity/ character specific mechanics etc. and it seems like dragon ball fans favorite characters or the most important characters on the show are somewhat similar.

so as a fg fan and not a dbz fan i hope they choose at least a couple chars who break the mold no matter how obscure they might be or maybe re-imagine some characters to some extent for the sake of variety even if that upsets some dbz fans.

I think fans of the entire series agree with this. I'd love for them to include less popular characters if they can bring a unique fighting style

I don't think arc is that worried about pleasing Dragonball fans vs Fighting Game fans. I think the main goal here is to turn more people into fighting game fans through Dragonball, vs making a fighting game that appeals to DB fans primarily.

So I'm not sure how much pressure there is on them to put in all the Saiyan's. We'll know as more of the roster is revealed but I'd like to think Bamco is giving them a certain degree of freedom to pull what they want to make an interesting game, vs mandating Bardock and Broly as DLC or whatever

exfatal

My list of fighters
Goku SSJ
Goku SSJB (dlc)
Vegeta SSJ
Vegeta SSJB(dlc)
Vegito- can turn ssj then ssjb
Gohan
Future Trunks with the scarf - spirit bomb sword slash is a must.
Gotenks SSJ can trasform to ssj3

Cell
Buu
Frezia
Dabura- stone spit special lv 7 instant kill, rival sword user to trunks
Videl- Be great if we got great sayiaman 2 costume
Piccolo - give me them stretchy arms
17- team special with 18 in party basically copies future Gohans death scene
18- teams special with krillen double destruct o disk
Yamcha- the Dan of the game
Krillen- does what Tien does but he cooler.
Chi Chi- punches kicks, frying pans, and flying dragon kicks
Supreme Kai- magics user, graceful hi level play. has moves that calls in Kibito.
Bonus boss character Arale
ca971bb0ffc87250f5d22d6f2cdba9c7b2755ddc_hq.gif

Make her as ridiculous as her show appearance, Level 5 special that ring outs the opponent

Zubz

Banned
I thought they're only really allowed to train others, but in terms of just fighting casually or whatever, they can't. At least, unless it's an extremely serious threat that others can't handle. So regarding your spoilers,
I don't see a scenario in where Angels and gonna start duking it out lol

Thats my main problem with Whis as a fighter, he hasn't fought yet, not really. Not this arc, but maybe next arc we get angels and gods fighting

Maybe, but I sincerely doubt this arc will just stop at
the last person standing using the Super Dragon Balls to combine the universes like everyone's expecting.
And the Grand Priest is clearly up to something. Whis makes sense as both a lackey and as one of the few characters who could hold him off.
...But if we're thinking Cabba's too new for the main roster, then this hypothetical fight will definitely come too late for Whis to justify a roster appearance, admittedly.

Neoxon

My list of fighters
Goku SSJ
Goku SSJB (dlc)
Vegeta SSJ
Vegeta SSJB(dlc)
Gohan

Cell
Buu
Frezia
Supreme Kai- magics user, graceful hi level play. has moves that calls in Kibito.

Make her as ridiculous as her show appearance, Level 5 special that ring outs the opponent
Swap Supreme Kai for Beerus, Dabura for Hit, & Vegito for Master Roshi and we have a decent starting roster.

My list of fighters
Goku SSJ
Goku SSJB (dlc)
Vegeta SSJ
Vegeta SSJB(dlc)
Gohan

Cell
Buu
Frezia

When did Arale meet Vegeta?

Whis seems to be overlooked a lot, but he'd certainly fight differently than everyone with his staff and time reversal ability. I kind of also picture him not really putting his all into it, kind of like Slayer in Guilty Gear, but if he were to get in, Beerus would have to get in too, and I wonder if they would both be nonchalant, or only Whis.

Was actually holding out on Super characters since i dunno if they gonna make it int he first game. But come on Vegito for roshi!? i need that OG beam sword

ep 69 i believe

of DBZ? I don't remember Arale showing up at all in Z except for when everyone gave their energy to defeat Buu.

exfatal

Whis seems to be overlooked a lot, but he'd certainly fight differently than everyone with his staff and time reversal ability. I kind of also picture him not really putting his all into it, kind of like Slayer in Guilty Gear, but if he were to get in, Beerus would have to get in too, and I wonder if they would both be nonchalant, or only Whis.

Can replace vegito with beerus if whis gets in. Is vegito the one who likes to kick alot or is that gogeta? Anyways beerus can be the guy who only really uses his feet and tail to fight. level 5 special he slaps u around with his hands as a transformation lol

of DBZ? I don't remember Arale showing up at all in Z except for when everyone gave their energy to defeat Buu.

Nah ep 69 of Dragon ball super

exfatal

Care to explain why you think this way?

This erroneous way? She's a non-super powered fighter so she's definitely legit.

Plus pilaf and the dog thing could be part of her move set, like that robot they like to use. What does lunch have other then her gun? which Mai also has

..oh wait.. im confusing future and child mai now...

Top Bottom