• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ launches February 1 in Japan, adds Nappa and Captain Ginyu

Looks like i was right that we should look at DBZ Extreme Butoden for 3DS for highly likely roster choices because ArcSys made also this DB game.

To quote myself from 2 months ago:

Just realized 17 was only a assist character in Extreme Butoden on 3DS too and it was also made by Arcsys.

Maybe we can get a indication what characters could have good chances to be included looking at that roster.

I can see them taking some characters from there and flesh them out since they have the opportunity now.

GA.02023.0019.jpg

Hell yeah, Nappa is the best

No, no
Let's keep any GT character out of this game

yes, this should be the motto for all new DB games

Why are people so immature about GT?

GT characters being in a video game isn't going to hurt you. While it isn't universally loved, people still like the concepts from the series. SSJ4 being one of them.

I would love to see it in a proper 2D fighting game. It's apart of the series.

Merc_

I'm only surprised because I was expecting more Buu saga characters to be the next reveal.

I know some folks are going to be mad though.

Nappa sounds like a boring choice, especially with the limited roaster, we need characters like Gotenks and adult Gohan!!!

Ginyu does make sense since he's a unique character. I love that they're keeping his body change technique. I used to love using it in the Budokai series against my little brother back in the day.

ginyu is cool, couldn't really care less about Nappa

interested to see if they do some with body change and if they do how would it even work?

PSlayer

Looks like i was right that we should look at DBZ Extreme Butoden for 3DS for highly likely roster choices because ArcSys made also this DB game.

To quote myself from 2 months ago:

I can see them announcing Bardock and Radditz in the next month.

my hype for this game is going down everytime I hear news about it. please add more recent characters from Super like Hit, Kaulifla, Beerus, Jiren.

or if they want to stick with Z, at least give us Gotenks, Vegeto, Kid Buu, Kid Goku, Arale and teen Gohan.

It switches character and health

the problem with that is no one would use it unless your opponent is using a character you know how to use

there would also be the problem with if ginyu is good then every one would have to learn how to use ginyu in case the opponent does some thing him

i don't think you could balance a move like that

I’m more hype for that Feb 1st (Japanese) release date than anything else. Talk about best case scenario when previously all we knew was February!

Do games usually come out on Thursdays in Japan? That struck me as odd.

LotusHD

Banned
yeah boring

let's get more versions of Goku in there instead, that'll make the roster fun and unique

You know there are other characters right? Weird rebuttal...

Anyways wow, so we're actually getting Ginyu with the crew, that's pretty dope.

Puruzi

Banned
my hype for this game is going down everytime I hear news about it. please add more recent characters from Super like Hit, Kaulifla, Beerus, Jiren.

or if they want to stick with Z, at least give us Gotenks, Vegeto, Kid Buu, Kid Goku, Arale and teen Gohan.
Lmao Cauliflower and Jiren.

Also we literally have teen Gohan already and Gotenks is definitely going to be in. Kid Buu was just hinted at on the official twitter

The roster isn't done yet, chill out

Dragonmassag77

Neo Member
Lmao Cauliflower and Jiren.

Also we literally have teen Gohan already and Gotenks is definitely going to be in. Kid Buu was just hinted at on the official twitter

The roster isn't done yet, chill out
I say we have 6 Characters left 2 for each month before launch

Nappa!!!

Still want Hit and Beerus more than anything but if we have fuckin Nappa I can wait.

Was expecting to wake up to lame bs like another Gohan and another Buu so this is dope.

Effect

If they add Nail or Raditz before Videl and Super Saiyan 4 Goku...

We riot.

I actually might be legit pissed if Nail or Radditz do end up in this over other characters. Nappa is on that level too to some degree. Ginyu is fine, especially if he could somehow do the change bodies move mid-fight and they make it work.

Edit: Oh it's in!? Well okay.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Glad Team Bald Stars is a popular idea.

Also Nappa can summon Saibamen eh? hehehehe there's your Raditz rep

I think both of them are great additions, and it's nice to see Nappa planting Saibamen too. Ginny having the body change in a team game also will be interesting.

If there was anyone particularly boring that they could have brought back from Butoden, I'd say it would have been Radditz, but at this point I think we can count him out.

He better be ;(

Gotenks has one of the most creative move lists or of the DBZ protagonists, and he was a huge part of the Buu Saga. There's no way he's not gonna make it in.

I'd prefer SSJ3, but he only used the ghosts in SSJ, so I'm guessing they'll go with that. But ghosts that work like SF Rose's orbs, Vergil's spiral swords from UMvC3 etc. galactic donuts as a projectile grab/lock down, the mouth beam, are all cool and unique attacks.

Top Bottom