• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ launches February 1 in Japan, adds Nappa and Captain Ginyu

Eidan

Just curious since the character is only just getting introduced into the dub, but why does Hit have such a big fan base? Visually he's awful. Literally looks like a big purple penis.
I’ve learned that some people really do seem to see dicks everywhere. It’s strange.

TreIII

I think this game is meant to appeal more to old fans and that's probably more what ArcSys has experience with anyways.

There's always Xenoverse for people that want more current stuff

I don't think it's so much an aim to appeal to older fans (though it may help), so much that there's things relating to timing. We know development on this game started like 2-3 years ago, or whenever the original development of Extreme Butoden wrapped up.

The fact that we likely will only get up to Goku Black, as far as Super content is concerned, is due to the fact that Arc was probably only clued in to that much when they were planning their title, at the time.

brinstar

I don't get your point. There's been like 50 Dragon Ball Z games, many of which are 2D (and some even made by Arc System Works, like the recent one for the 3DS). There has been 0 Dragon Ball Super games.

There's been DBS-related content in every DB game since it began though. DB Fusions and Extreme Butouden even got free DLC to put more in.

I don't think there's really enough DBS characters to support an entire game about it and it only.

cordy

Banned
Ginyu is 100% understandable, but Nappa is??? I don't dislike him or anything but that's a weird choice. People scoff at Yamcha but at least he was a major character for a long time. Nappa out here being the mini boss of one arc before he got killed by his own mans.

Nappa's actually been in more panels and chapters than Ginyu. Besides that, he not only did more damage to the heroes but he was made out to be a more serious threat. Ginyu was literally in only 9 chapters.

Nappa fought almost the entire current playable roster of the game at the same time. He was a pretty big deal at the time. Most of the minor characters debuted their signature moves vs him

I imagine Ginyu's pretty popular despite not really doing much. Body changing alone elevates him, as well as being the flamboyant leader of these evil space power rangers.

Like there's definitely a reason they wrote him into Super lol.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
So since we have a unique occurrance with 18 and Krillin, I hope Nappa's Saibamen suicide on Yamcha makes the crater moment happen.

It has to be in here somehow.

cordy

Banned
Now that I think about it, Nappa really only killed Piccolo.

image.php

Also I think body changed Ginyu probably won't have supers to use.

Only Ginyu himself can do the body change regardless of body, and it wouldn't make sense for the Ginyu Force to help their enemy. Unless he has another super, of course, but I can see meter usage being limited to EX moves, teleport and snapback.

Also I think body changed Ginyu probably won't have supers to use.

Only Ginyu himself can do the body change regardless of body, and it wouldn't make sense for the Ginyu Force to help their enemy. Unless he has another super, of course, but I can see meter usage being limited to EX moves, teleport and snapback.

Don't think about it too hard lol

patchday

There is tons of Super stuff in Xenoverse

I don't think Super has nearly enough content to support a game like this, vs them pulling from decades of original series material for references and moves

This +1

Plus I think I like Nappa and Ginyu

edit- But wait, we could've gotten Goku Black + Zamas at least along with Beerus but I'm still good

DrDogg

When this game is done with all DLC out, we'll probably have at least SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, Goku Black, Zamasu (merged or solo), Hit, Beerus (with Whis), Cali and/or Kale, Jiren and probably at least one or two more from the current arc. That's at least 10 Super characters in a game that will likely cap out at 40 characters or less.

That's pretty good representation without even counting Golden Frieza, the story mode or any of the other little tidbits from Super.

Wild Card

I feel like everytime I hear more news my hype goes down for this game. Ginyu is a fun idea for a dumb gimmick. The Ginyu force getting some play is kinda nice. Nappa though, I almost feel asleep when I saw that Nappa was in.

Also who the fuck said they wanted this game to only be about Super? Nobody so please stop saying that in order to downplay the people who are asking for Super representation.

Fuck Nappa, when's Videl?

Instro

Love both character choices here. Two great personalities, and certainly Ginyu has a super unique special.

Just curious since the character is only just getting introduced into the dub, but why does Hit have such a big fan base? Visually he's awful. Literally looks like a big purple penis.

His design is definitely not great, but you could say the same for quite a few other Super characters. I do enjoy his personality and move set though.

Toxi

Banned
Hit has a very unique and cool fighting style thanks to his abilities. All of his fights in Super are fun to watch.

Top Bottom